Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wouldn't force warlocks to choose between mortal coil, shadowfury, and demoic circle spells.

Remove AP
    Remove legendarys
    Remove titanforging/warforging
    Put sockets back on gear
    Let gear be enchantable again
    Bring back reforging
    Remove honor talents and bake them into the class/spec
    If a raid boss that you haven't killed that week doesn't drop gear for you you get a "token" where you turn in 5 to make a seal for a bonus roll

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Remove AP
    Remove legendarys
    Remove titanforging/warforging
    Put sockets back on gear
    Let gear be enchantable again
    Bring back reforging
    Remove honor talents and bake them into the class/spec
    If a raid boss that you haven't killed that week doesn't drop gear for you you get a "token" where you turn in 5 to make a seal for a bonus roll
    good ol' 3 red sockets on pants, miss them dearly, i would also revert back the stat system to wotlk one plus resistances back on tbc level, defence, parry, dodge, hit, spell hit rating etc all back and needed.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2017-04-13 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Ion and Holinka.

Deleted
    Remove TF. Besting the hardest bosses in the game should guarantee the best loot in the game. Luck should only get you to a certain point.

Keep possibility to get +5 in mythic and thats it.

At this point Blizzard should just make the game free to play and cover expenses with more cosmetic microtransactions. WoW hasn't been worth its sub fee for many years as subscriber numbers have demonstrated. I think that's the only possible change that might reverse its negative trajectory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    What about Legion would you change in order to "fix" it in your eyes? And, if you could, go into detail about that change.

For example, I would definitely redesign the legendary system. No one likes the RNG, I would make it so that each legendary you got FELT legendary, and not everyone had two.

An idea I had was make getting a legendary (still have a few legendaries per class, but you can only target one), a longer process a la MoP or WoD. Perhaps you had to work with Odyn or Kalecgos, and make it similar to the Balance of Power questline where instead of forging more Power for your artifact you created a legendary. Something that gets rid of the asinine RNG

Another change I would make is to the artifacts. Instead of grinding out every single trait, make the Artifact Traits similar to talent trees, where you can only take certain paths, but can refund and change them just like talents. That way, you can create different builds, and have almost "sub-classes" through the artifact. Artifact Power could still function similarly, but this way every trait isn't needed, and increases ways to customize your build.

How else would you change Legion?

inb4 "Change everything!" Not an argument
    Oh boy lets see.

1. Gating & RNG - RNG was always a place In WoW, but rng was 26 % chance that this helmet drops from a boss. And not 0.005 % that this toy will drop from a wyrmtongue chest. Extreme things were a part of WoW too, but that was rare. Deathbringer mount I only got around cataclysm myself, after I began farming It basically since Wrath. But that's okay, cause It's a cosmetic thing, It's whatever. But this wyrmtongue chest thing they've added Is this: Kill mobs - get nethershards - spend nethershards on key - open chest to get more nethershards/orderhallres/4 possible toys OR you even buy gear which I don't know why you would, cause It's also RNG, the gear you buy could become warforged or dauntless or whatever bullshit name they put on It nowadays, giving you 5 more ilevel or something. That's wasting your time to get a possibly 5 ilevel upgrade most of the time.

2. Legendary dropping like flies, remove that - as In, completely remove them dropping. We already have artifacts c'thun sake.. be happy for artifacts. They don't feel legendary dropping from a bloody wolf's gut. Hey look, I looted the ring of nathrezim sex appeal from this wolf's gut... or... I went to the very depths of Blackrock Mountain to get the Ingots of the firelord, crafted a fiery hammer and Infused It with the Ingots from the very depths of fiery molten hell Itself. Which of those sounds more legendary?

3. Artifact Power removed completely.

4. Artifacts need to be re-thought, If not then removed completely If they won't be able to work without artifact power but I'm sure they could.

5. Speedrunner mythic + dungeons - all dungeons, not just mythic + even heroics In Legion have been turned Into WoD's challange mode dungeon, not a regular dungeon. Only In a dungeon that's normal difficulty do you actually find people being slow, taking their time, exploring and even wanting to figure out tactics which Is bizzare cause that's what you should be doing In higher dungeon difficulties, taking It slow and careful.

6. LFR Raiding gating, 1 per week is fine, not 2 per week releases. That change alone makes people furious and wait 2 months to do the complete raid before others do, and not only potentially get spoiled on the story In those 2 months (Which some just want to experience, but not go through a normal raid for It) but also miss out on gearing up. Which at this point doesn't matter, as World Quests give far superior ilevel gear pieces than LFR ever will.

7. World Quests - nothing but Daily Quest but with a different name and spread out all across the expansion zones, they take more travel time than completion, provide no challange or difficulty - aka, stomp on a wine casket for 2 minutes. Kick squirel nuts around and grow trees as a wisp while avoiding their nemesis, the fish and get an epic helmet! Yeah, you deserved that helmet.... what the fudge? Daily hubs were fine... just apply the Emissary idea to daily hubs and you're golden. Instead of being say, completing the daily hub right away, you can complete It 3 times In the same day, instead of doing It once per day for 3 days or similar. You can always pre-plan a path through your daily hub and shorten the time needed for the dailies and can finish them within 30 minutes or less. While world quests, combined with the easy gear given and artifact power they drop are a -must- do for hardcore PvPers/Raiders and just general completionists and those people don't have time to grind world quests for up to 5 hours per day to complete the whole map, and when you do more world quests appear. It's too bizzare. And while on that subject...

8. Catoring to casuals - as a 12 year long WoW player since vanilla, your playerbase will not remain around for much longer If you only cator to casuals, Hardcore is your main playerbase, if you must cator half-half but Legion Is a giant catoring ground for casuals. Hardcore have no place here unless they grind and grind and grind and grind world quests, dungeons and LFR raids for every bit of scrap artifact power they can get their hands on, as well as gear. And even If you, as a hardcore keep grinding and grind for 7 months, any casual joe can start playing the game and get as much ilevel as you did In 7 months but within 1 month or less, because of being boosted, paying gold/money to be bosoted cause he used a wow token to get gold. Or cause he gets RNG on his side, and world quests/dungeons give him better gear than you could possibly imagine.

9. Fan service - I know this'll be a sticky point but most of Legion seems to be like the answer to the large outcries of fanboys who wanted: Nightmare and Xavius, done. Vrykuls, done. Azshara "Appearing", done. Highmountain tauren... apparently, no? Done? Ofcourse all of Suramar cries out to me as "We're the blood elves of this expansion we're addicted" but more thought out than the blood elf storyline I'll give you that. At least via quests. And while Suramar City is beautiful and undoubtfully the best part of Legion to see such a great city In a large scale, It still screams out her we're blood elves.

I see the fan servicing everywhere, continuing up to Illidan coming back, demon hunters. Fine, I can understand demon hunters, but Illidan? Just keep him dead, next you'll bring back Kel'thuzad, Arthas and many other characters that just SHOULD STAY DEAD. Dead is dead. You get the idea, even Alleria and Turalyon finally "Returning" Is just bs so far, they're back guys! Where? Oh we just saw Alleria's bow In some demon world and Tury In a holo message.. so they're not back or found? Okay... I'm sure we'll see them In Argus 7.3 but still, fan service and nothing actually served.

10. Lore butchering - while I like some of the campaign class order halls, I hate most of them, and the lore-ideas brought to light with Legion. I think the stories are just -okay- they've missed a lot of potential, and they are also sadly hated being table missions and dungeon runs. My favorite has to be the Death Knight Order Hall Campaign, no spoilers but that ending better be worked upon later on cause that's not just something you should dismiss like "Oh It's just death knights being death-y" and I'd need a lot more time to mention all of the lore butchering, but so far I'm not Impressed with the "New lore" and facts we got. Most of which are spoilers for the order hall storylines.

(Starcraft 2 spoilers ahead!)

That's not mentioning how the story so far seems similar to Starcraft 2, where Amon-..Imean Sargeras will be killed by Kerrigan-..Imean Illidan and become an angelic being fused with light cause only he can kill Amon-..Imean Sargeras In the only place he can die, the Void-..Imean twisting nether and get redemption despite killing thousands perhaps millions of Innocent people along the way.

(Spoilers ending)

And, that's still not explaining the story from TBC. We go to the Black Temple, spearheaded by the Naaru let me remind you, they told us he's a threat and helped us lead an attack on the temple, and kill Illidan. And now In legion they're like "He's the choooosen one... It was all a divine plaaaan"...bullshit. You're just trying to connect dots that shouldn't and can't connect. I'm sure they could've made up more reasons for the demon hunters to appear but leave Illidan out of It. but ofcourse they couldn't cause why? Luring people on nostalgia, no, other, reason.

And then there's the lost potential for story. For those unaware Arthas' sister Is back! Yeah, Calia Menethil is Introduced to us and she Is... doing... nothing In particular. Apparently when you click on her she just says something like "I don't want to be princess anymore, my claim to the throne is gone" It's like... what?

If that's true, Blizzard missed out on a great potential story line there, are you kidding me? Calia Menethil could've united the remnants of Lordaeron which after Jaina buggered off and became a mad bitch after Theramore is really needed. And go back to Lordaeron with the aid of the Alliance, take Lordaeron for her own. Whilst she attacks from the East alongside the Argent Crusade perhaps (Who have a good eye on the forsaken cause they're the last thing resembling a scourge that remains, not to mention Sylvannas a candidate for Lich Queen). And then from the south through Silverpine greymane and the Gilneans, while the Horde "Help" fortifie Sylvannas' position, assuming they would. That would rid the world of the last remnants of the scourge (Apart from Northrend where nobody ventures after the Northrend War with Arthas and even If they do, the last remnants of the true scourge remain there and only there due to Bolvar) you see the story potential there? All of that ruined cause blizzard decided returning the sister of Arthas means nothing cause her claim to the throne is gone....

And all of that's only off the top of my head, I'm sure I can come up with 5 more points over time but that's the general jist... really, I can't wait for the next expansion which supposedly has no artifacts In It, so at least we know they -will- remove that... although they also said ilevel won't scale to mobs as they promised In 7.0 but they broke that promise In 7.2 so nevermind. Not even blizzard holds their word anymore.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-04-13 at 10:28 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

1) Remove Titanforged system
    This was probably great system on paper, the idea they took from D3. But unlike D3, WoW is about doing new content in groups and showing steady progress, while D3 is about grinding and building your character to ridicilously high levels.

So because of this system, they already had to increase ilvl for every raid, so the players would feel they receive upgrades and it's worth doing raids. And even so, there is an issue with one Heroic raid, that doesnt give upgrades compared to previous Mythic raid

2) Heroic\Mythic raiding.
    That's another thing to consider. To allow players with lower dedication and skills they added more simple difficulties to raiding. And now they have to support 4 difficulties and once: LFR , Normal, Heroic, Mythic. And what's even worth, they need to distribute ilvls for every difficulty. This also adds to PowerCreep design problem.

Solution: remove Normal\Heroic mode and leave only Mythic one

TLDR: source of all problems is that they do not know how to keep players occupied without releasing new content, new raids and new dungeons, which all cost money

add flying at cap the way it always was

instantly a million times better

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    What about Legion would you change in order to "fix" it in your eyes? And, if you could, go into detail about that change.

For example, I would definitely redesign the legendary system. No one likes the RNG, I would make it so that each legendary you got FELT legendary, and not everyone had two.

An idea I had was make getting a legendary (still have a few legendaries per class, but you can only target one), a longer process a la MoP or WoD. Perhaps you had to work with Odyn or Kalecgos, and make it similar to the Balance of Power questline where instead of forging more Power for your artifact you created a legendary. Something that gets rid of the asinine RNG

Another change I would make is to the artifacts. Instead of grinding out every single trait, make the Artifact Traits similar to talent trees, where you can only take certain paths, but can refund and change them just like talents. That way, you can create different builds, and have almost "sub-classes" through the artifact. Artifact Power could still function similarly, but this way every trait isn't needed, and increases ways to customize your build.

How else would you change Legion?

inb4 "Change everything!" Not an argument
    first: massively lower rng. second: massively lower simplification, streamlining, homogenization and non-diversity.

after that, start to transfer wow back into what ppl dedicated to and what genre wow is called and should be: a mmorpg.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-13 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ you people NEVER change,every single patch,expansion and change is this game is met with negative negative negative on this forum,not sure if its trolling or what anymore,salt and q levels are over the top on here.

Omg RNG is so unfair (but not when it benifits me)
    Omg i want flying in the game,not gonna play legion unthil i get it (even tho you complain about the social aspect of the game is dead)
    Omg the AP is such i grind! (but i dont want to stay in my garrison all day)
    Omg the game is to easy! (blizzard adds harder content,NERF IT OMG I DONT HAVE ALL DAY TO DO THIS)

ring a bell?

Whats there to fix? Im having the most fun since wotlk. I would do something about the pvp tho, not sure what, but its been better back in the day, maybe its the fact that there are too manny different classes.

Deleted
    I actually quite like Legion as it.

The legendary luck thing is a bit frustrating, but since the artificial number-gates were removed (that were stupid to begin with), it's OK. It basically incentivizes playing as many aspects of the game as possible. So: Suggestion is to have the 9th leggy drop with the same chance (and BLP applying) as the 1st. --> Done.

Artifact Power was a cool thing. Only thing I did not like was that you had to sell the tokens when you had maxed all of your specs. That felt incredibly frustrating (especially for 5-25g... L O L ). Suggestion is to make it endless but not so rewarding --> Done.

Gating is fine. Everyone complaining about it would complain about lack of content if the gates weren't there. Or worse: Rush through content, unsub and resub when new content is there. This millennial consumerism kills my fun in the game (overcrowding at the beginning, long queue times in the end). --> DONE

Only thing that IS in fact over the top is the RNG levels. Titanforging is fine, but it should be capped at +15 of your current overall ilvl. This way it takes more luck over more time instead of the one-time "Jackpot" situation. --> OPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Imean
    - snip -
    Imean
    - snip -
    Imean
    - snip -
    Imean
    My eyes bleed. Also do you mean "Imean" as Apple app?

Beyond that I agree with most of what you wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Easy way to fix Legion.

1. Make a Thread about "fixing legion" on MMO C
    2. Get a lot of replies, and wait till page 50
    3. Close the Thread @ page 50
    4. Get the Thread and the Pro MMO C Players response (mine too) and wrap them up
    5. Throw this turd in the toilet where it belongs and flush.

Sure, let's see.

- Bring back only 2 raid difficulties again, and no hc/mythical/whatever, and different loot locked to them. It'd all boil down to 10/25 man raids again, 10 for normal mode and 25 for hard mode. Easier for blizzard to develop more raid content. Balanced in a way that top 10m gear would make the first tier of 25 farmable. Players would still see and go through all content on normal mode.

- Bring back professions with relevant and unique gear and content to farm. Allow a player to be a "legendary" crafter through extensive achievements and questing. (as in, more aesthethic rewards from professions as well, be it titles, unique mounts and other features.)

- Bring back buffs and all sort of buff stacking and allow people to "farm" their way to prepare for raids and make them easier.

- Update the world to be a more "static" final version of it. Spread daily endgame quests through the world that the player has to seek for, some of them requiring the player to do content in that zone, and other to stop invasions. Some achievements should reward some new interesting quests that require more achievements to complete and recieve the final reward of badass titles/mounts or other aesthethic features etc.

- Bring more summonable world bosses, make them one of the final tier of raiding, by giving some of the good loot and difficulty, and people gathering around the area trying to compete with each others at who gets to summon the boss first.

- Make a use of contested territories and factions can conquer a territory temporarily. A conquered territory spawns a world boss in the zone that has to be slain for loot, and the player earns ranks of reputation with the factions he belongs to, ultimately achieving high rank titles and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by quintpp View Post
    Christ you people NEVER change,every single patch,expansion and change is this game is met with negative negative negative on this forum,not sure if its trolling or what anymore,salt and q levels are over the top on here.

Omg RNG is so unfair (but not when it benifits me)
    Omg i want flying in the game,not gonna play legion unthil i get it (even tho you complain about the social aspect of the game is dead)
    Omg the AP is such i grind! (but i dont want to stay in my garrison all day)
    Omg the game is to easy! (blizzard adds harder content,NERF IT OMG I DONT HAVE ALL DAY TO DO THIS)

ring a bell?
    Legendary and TF RNG has been pretty good to me. I don't even raid mythic because my server is dead and I have 2x920 and a 925+socket gear, 1 of which I can't even use due to legendary/4p. Its a shit system that needs to go and LFR should never drop anything remotely close to Mythic gear.

Flying was never good for the game, of course once people got the taste for its convinience they never want to go back. It's cool for the first 5 minutes but when you trivialize any danger of being grounded and no longer have to come up with creative ways to traverse the terrain with shortcuts to get places quicker, or exploring places you shouldn't get to, it becomes boring. Also flying has nothing to do with the dead community and everything to do with WoW's population declining and LF(R/G).

There are better ways to have players involved in the world rather than AP/legendary grinding, which is a challenge for the devs but Blizz is creatively bankrupt and prefers to put in tons of monotonous and boring gameloops and a constant anxiety that you're "always behind" if you're not constantly grinding for AP/legendarys. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

I don't know where this is coming from. Mage tower bosses? Ilvl scaling? If so, then those complaining are just shitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Flying was never good for the game, of course once people got the taste for its convinience they never want to go back. It's cool for the first 5 minutes but when you trivialize any danger of being grounded and no longer have to come up with creative ways to traverse the terrain with shortcuts to get places quicker, or exploring places you shouldn't get to, it becomes boring. Also flying has nothing to do with the dead community and everything to do with WoW's population declining and LF(R/G).
    Totally agree about flying. It's the worst thing they ever introduced to the game.

There are better ways to have players involved in the world rather than AP/legendary grinding, which is a challenge for the devs but Blizz is creatively bankrupt and prefers to put in tons of monotonous and boring gameloops and a constant anxiety that you're "always behind" if you're not constantly grinding for AP/legendarys.
    I actually think that's a bit too cynical a reading of it... AP is a method by which they can reward doing almost ANY content you choose with something that's useful for everybody. That keeps people from being forced to do specific things. It also means that there's no real way to be 'done' because when you're done people just complain that there's nothing to do and it's impossible for them to develop enough content for people to play every single day and do new things all the time.

Im sure millions of people play not worrying about being 'behind'... it only becomes an issue for world first guilds that feel like they have to kill themselves to max out traits etc.. you do NOT need to do that to enjoy the game, nor do you need the best legendary to enjoy the game.
    Last edited by relaxok; 2017-04-13 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Here's why Retail WoW has got nothing to do with World Of Warcraft (Original):

• 1 - Tank Threat is irrelevant
    • 2 - CC in content is irrelevant
    • 3 - LFR/LFD Tools
    • 4 - Class homogenization
    • 5 - Profession value
    • 6 - Durability of content
    • 7 - Existence of Heirloom and related items/mechanics
    • 8 - CRZ
    • 9 - Multiple "dificulty" levels on raids
    • 10 - Legendary items design and philosophy
    • 11. No spell ranks.
    • 12. Some original spells have been removed.
    • 13. Certain specs such as Survival Hunter (melee/ranged hybrid) no longer exist.
    • 14. Azeroth and Kalimdor changed after the Cataclysm and thus not the same original world.
    • 15. Outland is not the same with the original WoW 2.0 Outland.
    • 16. Ammo, quivers no longer exist.
    • 17. Talent trees no longer exist in their 2.0 form.
    • 18. There is no mana management.
    • 19. There is no aggro management.
    • 20. There are no class quests to learn spells.
    • 21. Levelling experience has been trivialized.
    • 22. No debuff limits in boss fights.
    • 23. There is no Community.

Furthermore:

Class & combat:
    • Rogues had to craft their own poisons
    • Rogues could deactivate traps
    • Rogues had to train lockpicking by opening lockboxes around the world. Special gloves even existed to help you.
    • Stealth used to have levels and could be more or less effective. Items such as Nightscape Boots helped you being less detectable.
    • Hunter started without any pet and had a quest to teach them how to tame one, enchancing the link between them. Now they automatically start with one.
    • Hunter could use Eyes of the Beast to see through the eyes of its pet.
    • Hunter's pet needed to be feed and had an happiness bar to manage.
    • Hunters had 3 pets max. Each ones feel special. Now they carry a whole zoo in their bags.
    • Hunters couldn't attack in melee range with ranged weapons.
    • Bows and guns require ammunition you had to craft/buy and put in special ammo bags.
    • Warlocks had to get and carry soulshards in special bags.
    • Warlocks had a Detect Invisibility spell. Now it's integrated in the UI for everyone.
    • Priests had 2 unique racial abilities.
    • Mages have a Detect Magic spell and even a Khadgar's Unlocking (in beta) to crack lockboxes.
    • Enchanters and blacksmiths could craft various oils and grindstones to buff weapons.
    • Paladins could be played only by Alliance while Shamans were only for Horde.
    • Weapons required skills, including hand fighting. If you equipped a kind of weapon that you didn't know yet, you needed to use it a lot before doing max DPS. You also needed to see a weapon trainer first.
    • Speaking of trainers, you had to see a trainer in town to learn your new class skill/spell. Now it automatically spawn in your action bar as you level.
    • Some spells only worked on specific mobs, strengthening the lore. Paladin's exorcism for example was to be used against undead/demons while now it works the same on any mobs.
    • Magic/fire/frost resistance gears were useful against specific boss. Once again it strengthen the lore. Some mobs had fire resistance too and/or were weak against frost spells.

Classes were a lot more different: in term of rotation, but also some didn't have any interrupt, or any cc, or any group buff etc. In the same way, lots of class, especially pure DPS, didn't have a single heal. Now almost every class has the same set of interrupt/cc/heal/group buff.

Mana and health regenerated way slower, so you NEEDED to stop and eat/drink every few fights. Food and drink actually mater, and mana for DPS caster mattered too. When's the last time you bought normal food in game?

Spell levels (Holy Light 1, Holy Light 2 etc.) were useful to manage your mana.

Each class had unique quests to unlock specific stuff: mounts for warlocks and paladins, postures for warriors, druid's forms, poisons and Certificate of Thievery for rogues etc.

Every class had a extra equipement slot where you put your libram, sigil, throw, totem, idol, wand etc.

Original talent tree allowed hybrid class to freely mix healing, tanking and dps abilities (even if it wasn't often imba!).

World & quests:
    • Basic campfire required simple wood and a flint
    • Reagents (candle, feather, stone...) were needed to cast lots of utility spells. Some could be simply bought but others needed farming all around the world.
    • Goblin's AH were neutrals.
    • You need to travel to dungeons and battleground. Now you don't even need to know where they are.
    • Breathing bar was shorter and quests that required you to go under water didn't auto-give you water breathing buff like now.
    • There was no instance in the world: If people were in the same place they see and could help each others.
    • Quests objectives weren't displayed on your map.
    • Lots of group quests so you have to, well, make group while leveling.
    • Four Dragons of Nightmare were hidden around Azeroth and required raid-sized groups to be defeated.
    • Some of the most powerful spells were only learnable from rares Codex. They dropped from dungeons or raids but weren't BoP so you could trade/sale them.
    • Expansions or some raids used to be announced with huge pre-release events, like The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, Dark Portal Opens or the Scourge Invasion. This was abandoned after Cataclysm.
    • One of the most epic quest-chain had a cook recipe reward. You needed a group to loot the mats from elite chimeras.

Professions:

• Rare recipes required you to travel all over the world, either to find/buy them or to do special quests and even dungeons to unlock them. For example you needed a priest to mind-control a mini-boss to teach you Enchanted Elementium; now it's just a drop.
    • Some crafting recipes (Sulfuron hammer, engineer Jeeves/Chopper, some food...) required lots of work and mats. Now it's just a couple, rarely 3, max.
    • Sound logical, but you actually needed a fishpole to fish, a knife to skin, a hammer for blacksmith etc.
    • You had to level gathering before getting to the next zone. Now you can skin/gather in Draenor even if you're level 1.
    • You need the actual mats to be in your bag. Now you can have them in your bank and craft anything in the wild.
    • Alchemists and jewelcrafters needed alchemy lab to make some of the best flasks and reagents.
    • Some professions had sub-specialisations: Blacksmith could specialize in weapon-smith or armor-smith; Alchemist could become transmute, potion or flask masters; Engineers could focus on goblin or gnome recipes. (some of those specialisations still exist but aren't updated anymore)
    • Skinners could skin either normal leathers or scales (used for mail armor). Now only normal leather exist.
    • Some creatures (like Onyxia) required special tools to be skinned, which rewarded you with very rare scales to craft unique gear.
    • Blacksmiths and engineers could craft keys and bombs that you could buy to open lockboxes or doors.
    • Only enchanters could, well, disenchant items.

PvP:
    • World PvP ranks with specific rewards like gear but also repair discount or access to a special World Defense channel.
    • Alterac Valley lasted for hours with lots of PvE quests included, You could even summon bosses to fight for your side! (You can still technically do it but it's not relevant anymore)
    • You could loose honor if you killed civilians from opposite faction.

Flow of time:
    • Gold was scarce, it took a LOT of time to save up 10g. Now you can literally make thousand of gold in a day.
    • Mounts had different speeds. Now they all go to your max speed. Also summoning mount took twice as long (3 sec vs 1.5 sec now)
    • Leveling took way longer.
    • Mobs were harder to kill. While leveling you could pull a couple of them but more without CC often meant death. Same for rare mobs who required a group.
    • No instant mail, even to alts. Now there are mailboxes every 20 yards in every cities.

Misc:
    • You couldn't have Alliance and Horde chars on the same PvP server, which helped faction pride.
    • Keys existed. To open special doors you had first to find the key, ask a rogue to picklock it, have a blacksmith craft a key or use an engineer's charge.
    • Dungeons were real mazes that could take hours to complete. Now it's mostly 3 bosses separated by corridors that took less than 20 minutes to defeat.
    • Realm reputation mattered.
    • Being part of the Brew of the Month Club rewarded you with a monthly sample beer.
    • Some raids couldn't be entered directly, you first had to do some questline to unlock them. Now you can even kill a boss *before* knowing about his story (Isthar in HFC for example).

The present game is just loosely based on original World Of Warcraft. In addition, the original game was a MMO RPG adventure game whereas the present version is just an action game like LOL with some group content that nearly nobody , except persons sponsored by third parties and a few die hards, bother to do.

I cannot see how anyone would be reminded of World of Warcraft Original by playing retail.
    This is a post that basically sums up how to make the game 1000x more tedious than it actually should be.

-LFR is not bad , people are
    -RNG : lol yeah THAT RNG IS SO BAD
    -TF/WF: oh no i got +10 ilvls upgrade/my firnd got it! FU Blizz, bad system!
    -Legendaries: cannot see the problem,got non on my mage, ain't even mad
    -AP grinding: if you grinded AP or you can't make numbers, yes that is pure not having enough AP problem
    -Flying: I am waiting for scenario when flying will be avaliable by doing quests in FINAL patch and then, when prepatch will hit it could be bought from vendor like Northrend flying, not earlier because it is pointless
    -Timegating: one of the best decisions, have a chunk of stuff to do instead of not sleeping marathone to do all the quests and then complain about not having good content/unsubbing cuz "nothing to do Blizz"
    -Ability pruning: I lol'd here, so go back to Cata respec as arms warrior and then macro every spell to be competetive dps, or go back to dunno let's say vanilla/tbc/wotlk, have 30 spells and use only 6 cuz rest sucks or u r using it once in every 30 minutes, don't bullshit me that back then we had more spells now my class is facerolling blah blah
    And now my personal dislikes so u can eat me alive with a bit of salt:
    -God no plz no another expansion where we are more powerful than pathetic cinematic Thrall, i wanna be just a hero lead by greater NPC heroes
    -Order Hall/Garrison shit: never liked it, not fun, not epic for sure in any means
    -800-900 ilvl at 110 (dat mob scaling which everyone loves should be introduced on the start or never)
    -Some classes are dogshit by numbers but are actually fun to play, i know that perfectly balanced specs and talents doesn't exist but Sundering or other spells that have fun mechanic/animation/POWAH are not viable because they do 6k dmg over 1 minute
    -PVP style of CC burst repeat
    -Edginess of every Dh " I sacrificed everything..." or Jesus fml combo: Maiev and Illidan in Cathedral
    -Why don't you killed Jaina lorewise yet? Maybe she can fall from stairs in her demonic mansion, she is Dreadlord obviously
    -Where is Wrathion?Does he have sexy time with Jaina so they can make Dreadlord Wrathwing who will destroy Old Gods?
    -