Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Apparently you skimmed through the entire campaign and didnt bother to actually take time to enjoy the quest chain. We raise the four horsemen to fight the legion and by doing bolvar bidding he keeps the scourge from attcking the living.
    So we're back to the part about us only doing what he says because he's basically holding a gun to our head, telling us he'll shoot if we don't do it.

As I said, it's been a while since I did the dk campaign so I don't recall it in detail, but I don't remember Bolvar threatening us with scourge attacks if we ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    He serves the deathlord and the Lich King now. Not the Horde.
    And I serve the Horde, so Nazgrim serves the Horde as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He sided with Garrosh and died for him, so he has no place in the rebellion led horde.
    I sided with Gary and died for him as well. I belong where the Horde needs me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Please, not this argument again. All Garrosh' actions are justified (except for the heart of Yshaarj thing, which was lame).

Vol'jin and Lor'themar were the true traitors of the Horde. Vol'jin for going against, and threatening, his superior on multiple occasions and Lor'themar for trying to defect to the Alliance. But they're considered good guys, right? And then there was Baine, who was blinded by hatred over the loss of his father, which was an accident, yet he blamed Garrosh. Who do we have left? Sylvanas is an evil bitch and was rightly called out on her behaviour. And finally there is Thrall, the one responsible for all of this, yet he doesn't have the balls to admit his guilt.

Garrosh was the only one with a spine and stood for what he believed in. And thus Nazgrim followed this great leader, he was bound by oath (as were all the others, but they chose to betray the Horde).
    And really, you could claim that the other horde races have little to no respect for Thrall either. Look at it this way, when Thrall appointed Gary as Warchief, he told him that Cairne, Vol'Jin and Etrigg would be there to advise him. What happens? Cairne challenges him to a duel. Like, what the fuck. He didn't respect Thrall's decision and was going for the head of the head orc in charge. With that, Gary was already suspicious of his "advisors", if the top one was already trying to kill him.

I love Sylvanas, and that was nothing more than an ideological difference between her and Gary, but yeah... #TrueHorde
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt Nazgrim, in his current state, has much interest in the Horde's politics. He's done his bit and served with his first life - he has a new place and a new allegiance, now.
    All hail the new king, baby! Getting a hold of his powers, he's becoming more sassy by the day. Let's get Kel'thuzad back and make Naxxramas 3.0 a go.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    So we're back to the part about us only doing what he says because he's basically holding a gun to our head, telling us he'll shoot if we don't do it.

As I said, it's been a while since I did the dk campaign so I don't recall it in detail, but I don't remember Bolvar threatening us with scourge attacks if we ignore him.
    He didn't threaten us or the living at all, he wanted to unleash the Scourge against the Legion in the Isle's which would undoubtedly have significant collateral damage as well as repercussions in regards to the Lich King not being dead to the world, the Ebon Blade wanted them to remain contained to Northrend to avoid all that. So we agreed to partner up and be his arm in the Broken Isle's as long as he kept up his part of the deal.

"The Ebon Blade will willingly act as the Lich King's agents against the Legion, if the Scourge remains contained to Northrend." - ebon blade wow.gampedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    And I serve the Horde, so Nazgrim serves the Horde as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I sided with Gary and died for him as well. I belong where the Horde needs me.

- - - Updated - - -

And really, you could claim that the other horde races have little to no respect for Thrall either. Look at it this way, when Thrall appointed Gary as Warchief, he told him that Cairne, Vol'Jin and Etrigg would be there to advise him. What happens? Cairne challenges him to a duel. Like, what the fuck. He didn't respect Thrall's decision and was going for the head of the head orc in charge. With that, Gary was already suspicious of his "advisors", if the top one was already trying to kill him.

I love Sylvanas, and that was nothing more than an ideological difference between her and Gary, but yeah... #TrueHorde
    What a god awful argument lol
    The death knight order doesn't serve either the Horde or Alliance. The player character does, but the order in itself doesn't. The order follows the Lich King now. And he's neither. Or, by your logic, Bolvar was Alliance so me must be serving the Alliance, therefore Nazgrim fights for the Alliance now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    No, he's one of our Horsemen, sooo, yeaaah, he takes command from the Deathlord now, not the Horde.

You mean the Lich King. The Lich King is effectively loaning us his Horsemen, which we resurrected for him.

Yes But Horde and alliance are no more as of Legion.

Does the Deathlord really have free will though? As long as Bolvar offers us quests, we'll do whatever the fuck he says without questions.
    It is NOT clear that anyone in the Ebon Blade has freewill. As a player character it sure feels like freewill. However, we have never once questioned, never mind refused a ORDER from the Lich King.

The Ebon Blade appears to tell itself it is working with the Lich King, however the evidence does not support that. Now it's not 100% clear that the Ebon Blade is under the sway of the Lich King either. But, the devs have given no in game evidence to suggest we actually have the freewill to refuse the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Yes But Horde and alliance are no more as of Legion.
    Tell that to Greymane, Sylvanas, and Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It is NOT clear that anyone in the Ebon Blade has freewill. As a player character it sure feels like freewill. However, we have never once questioned, never mind refused a ORDER from the Lich King.

The Ebon Blade appears to tell itself it is working with the Lich King, however the evidence does not support that. Now it's not 100% clear that the Ebon Blade is under the sway of the Lich King either. But, the devs have given no in game evidence to suggest we actually have the freewill to refuse the Lich King.
    Darion questions serving the Lich King, and even outright says that the Ebon Blade isn't bound to this current incarnation of the Lich King in the artifact acquisition quests at level 100. Although that might be slowly changing due to Amal'thazad's "ritual" to allow the Deathlord to "communicate with the Lich King more completely" as it stands the Ebon Blade is still operating under its own will.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If he rejoins the Horde, then Thoras should rejoin the Alliance. Would be the only way to make a fair trade. Now that I think of it, it could make a fine plot for something to go down in the Arathi Highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Skraal View Post
    He didn't threaten us or the living at all, he wanted to unleash the Scourge against the Legion in the Isle's which would undoubtedly have significant collateral damage as well as repercussions in regards to the Lich King not being dead to the world, the Ebon Blade wanted them to remain contained to Northrend to avoid all that. So we agreed to partner up and be his arm in the Broken Isle's as long as he kept up his part of the deal.
    Ah, so that's it.
    @AlmightyGerkin I'll admit I was wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    What a god awful argument lol
    The death knight order doesn't serve either the Horde or Alliance. The player character does, but the order in itself doesn't. The order follows the Lich King now. And he's neither. Or, by your logic, Bolvar was Alliance so me must be serving the Alliance, therefore Nazgrim fights for the Alliance now.
    I, as the only Dreadlord (lol), do not follow the Lich King. I let him give me clues to make myself more powerful. I can go to this house and shit on it any time I feel like it. Can he mine? Nope. :P lol Wow is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I, as the only Dreadlord (lol), do not follow the Lich King. I let him give me clues to make myself more powerful. I can go to this house and shit on it any time I feel like it. Can he mine? Nope. :P lol Wow is dumb.
    Everyone gets the gameplay aspect of it. You can go to ICC anytime you want and wreck the place, because that is how the game works.

However, in Legion you sure did go to ICC. Because the Lich King told you to. You raised the Four Horsemen of the Lich Kings choosing. Did not give a second thought to binding Darion to the Lich Kings will even though he was the only one showing even the slightest misgivings at so unflinchingly doing the Lich Kings bidding.

It seems your empowering the Lich King more then your empowering yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It seems your empowering the Lich King more then your empowering yourself.
    I would love to debate more with you, but I have to go kick some nuts, collect some squirrels and herd some cats.

Bliz are leaving it mysterious on purpose because it's more interesting. Probably will lead to another WOLK-themed dungeon/raid though where the Horsemen, Morgraine and the new LK have to be put down (post-Legion). Sylvanas, Greymane, and maybe Jaina will be bosses as well.