Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Finished it at 902 item level with Prydaz, Belt, Gronntooth and Might of Krosus after maybe 20 tries (+ watching a lot of videos, reading tips).
    It was very clean kill - triggered no fuming for the whole fight and killed all imps till the very end.

I really enjoyed doing it - it felt like real progression, which is remarkable for a single person encounter.

At first tries went horrible, after some time I learned to prioritize the imps (as well as their spawning patterns and the importance of a well placed BC+OF to get rid of big waves), and then it just became a challenge of perfect execution.
    Kiting fumings, dodging rocks while still correctly prioritizing what to do is a real multitasking challenge .

Major points:
    * AE needed (Najentus Belt helped me a lot)
    * Selfheal needed (Prydaz/Bracers)

Even though I think the selfheal part currently is a bit overrated - substantial damage only seems to happen when something goes wrong (fume explosion, not interrupting her channel for to long, letting her get shielded by umbrals while channeling, caster imp living to long).
    Sure it helps when something goes wrong, but considering a completely clean try Furious Charge should be enough.

AE on the other hand - at least with current gear levels (and a "kill everything" strat) Najentus + AE trinket felt nearly mandatory.
    How helpful was your might of krosus? I just got a M 910 version last night, nobody else wanted it so i said i wanted it for imp mother. Figured it would help.

Smile

I managed to get this completed last night at 894ilvl (equipped) and figured someone might benefit from reading what consumables/talents/gear I used.

Consumables Used

Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
    Sylvan Elixir
    Flask of Countless Armies
    Defiled Augment Rune
    Potion of the Old War(x2)
    Drums of Fury

Talent Choices

Gear and Legendary Items Used
    The focus here was on high mastery
    43 Traits
    Ethereal Urn
    Gronntooth War Horn
    Rethu's Incessant Courage
    Ceann-Ar Charger

Tips
    There's been quite a few posts similar to this so their may be some overlap here, but I will phrase them in such a way that helped me achieve success.

• Remember to Pummel Agatha when the shield comes down - I had quite a few wipes because I tunneled and forgout to Pummel her channel
    • Make note of and account for when the Fuming Imp spawns. Drop the pool somewhere out of the way. I did find that the pools movement speed reduction didn't affect me very much with Rethu's + Omelet + War Machine
    • Use Whirlwind before performing burst window to cleave the Rampage
    • Save BC for the Smoldering/Umbral Imp waves`
    • Use Piercing Howl on any Imp Servants up when she teleports
    • Use Intimidating Shout to fear Imp Servants when possible
    • When you cannot fear Imp Servants, kill 1 and leave the other up, it will die in the burst window.
    • There's enough time between shields to Pummel Imp Servants twice, use that to help mitigate even more of the healing
    • Remain calm, if you just play well and trust yourself you will be fine
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    I managed to get this completed last night at 894ilvl (equipped) and figured someone might benefit from reading what consumables/talents/gear I used.

Consumables Used

Spiced Wildfowl Omelet
    Sylvan Elixir
    Flask of Countless Armies
    Defiled Augment Rune
    Potion of the Old War(x2)
    Drums of Fury
    Do you need to use the Sylvan Elixir inside the instance? My buff dropped going in so I assumed it wasn't allowed to be used inside.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Do you need to use the Sylvan Elixir inside the instance? My buff dropped going in so I assumed it wasn't allowed to be used inside.
    Hey there.

Yes, you do need to wait till you're inside to use it. Early on in my attempts the first time the MT was available i noticed that some buffs would stay and some would get cleared upon entering the instance. So my advice would be to just wait till you're in to use anything.

FYI - Mammoth Milk doesn't work anymore, I tried it for myself to confirm.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

*snip*
    Thanks man. With your advice (biggest one being whirlwind before burst, i have no idea why I didn't think of this before now) I was finally able to beat it after around 30-ish attempts of my own. The best advice for sure is focus imps and just don't deal with exploding imps and drop them off the side in a safe spot.

For the record I used leggo bracers and ww belt and for trinkets I used Terrorbound Nexus and Whetstone. For talents I used 1/1/1/1/2/3/2.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Ritushido; 2017-04-14 at 04:44 PM.

Just did this at 896 ilvl

Trinkets: 890 Claw / 815 Gronntooth
    Legendarys: Sephuz / Mannoroths Bracers

Stats: 27.3 haste / 42.77 Mastery / 2.77 Vers / 24 Crit

43 Weapon traits, 921 Weapon Ilvl

Flask, Old war, wildfowl food used and no runes or sylvian elixirs used

Controlling the adds is basically how to win, drop pools in good spots, use fear in a way that allows the imps to run back and get cleaved by your BC/OF windows when the other adds spawn

Completed at 898ilvl
    Trinkets: 2x relinquished Str/mastery stat trinkets lol
    Legendaries: bracers/belt

Flask, old war, wildfowl food and drums.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Done at 890 ilvl
    Just used mastery stat stick, terrorbound nexus, prydaz, AoE belt, and same consumables everyone else has been.

DnG helps a ton though I tell you that.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Done at 890 ilvl
    Just used mastery stat stick, terrorbound nexus, prydaz, AoE belt, and same consumables everyone else has been.

DnG helps a ton though I tell you that.

Im sorry what is DnG?

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Im sorry what is DnG?
    Death and Glory, the new gold trait.

After around 50 tries, a few things on bad rng. Sometimes the adds spawn opposite of the healers, this prevents you from killing the healers in the aoe. Once in a great while pummel doesn't work. This is where the healing legionaries helps a ton, otherwise probably be a wipe. I found it saves a lot of time to drag the one that explodes out, let it explode, then charge back to the boss instead of kiting it for a long time doing nothing but whirlwind. This helped my boss damage a lot.

Fearing I found helps, but sometimes they get feared in place, but when fear runs them away, then they come back, and new healers stack on top of them. Then it becomes an issue. This is by far the hardest solo content I've done since the flying thing back in BC.

fight wouldn't be as bad if she didn't randomly block while channeling with her shield down

Deleted
    I get her consistent under 50%, but the Imp spawns after her teleports usually fuck me up, because they are so spread out I cannot reach everyone.
    It's just stupid sometimes.

The fuming Imps are especially infuriating.
    Sometimes they just run around you for 2 seconds without exploding, other time they are not even in real melee range and they just explode in the middle of the path or underneath Agatha.
    Well done Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc4d7dc43b7a; 2017-04-15 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    After around 50 tries, a few things on bad rng. Sometimes the adds spawn opposite of the healers, this prevents you from killing the healers in the aoe. Once in a great while pummel doesn't work. This is where the healing legionaries helps a ton, otherwise probably be a wipe. I found it saves a lot of time to drag the one that explodes out, let it explode, then charge back to the boss instead of kiting it for a long time doing nothing but whirlwind. This helped my boss damage a lot.

Fearing I found helps, but sometimes they get feared in place, but when fear runs them away, then they come back, and new healers stack on top of them. Then it becomes an issue. This is by far the hardest solo content I've done since the flying thing back in BC.
    You have to have Agatha targeted to fear them and have them run. If you have one targeted, the one targeted will stay in place and the other one will run - check the tooltip for IS.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    Three times now back to back the kick does not work.
    She just channels through.
    I am done with this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiowas View Post
    Three times now back to back the kick does not work.
    She just channels through.
    I am done with this bullshit.
    People have observed this happening sometimes, but only in P1.

Note that if there are Umbral Imps up, you can't interrupt or damage the boss at all.

More than likely you had umbrals up.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Am getting her to 30ish% fairly often, but then I get fucked by a stray Fuming Imp that ruins everything. I hate these little bastards so much. Best try is at 15%, then stray boulder when every movement ability in on cooldown -_-.

901 equipped usually, 896 thanks to using Gronntooth Warhorn and Convergence of Fate. I'm now acing phase 1 with a couple tips;

-I kill one Servant per wave and leave the other alive. It gives me the buff from War Machine + Warhorn + Wildfowl, and you easily outpace the healing given by the other Servant.

-If possible I try to keep a Smoldering Imp alive with each mass summon she does, to kill later for the reason stated above; moar buffs.

-Incoming damage isn't very high so long as you don't mess up. So I'm not sure you absolutely need a survival legendary, I have Prydaz and it's honestly more than enough.

-Fuming Imps are annoying as fuck, like I said. In phase 1 I just kite them to one of these nooks around the lava pools and Leap out since you don't need Leap otherwise.

-Intimidating Shout can be a double edged sword; yeah, it makes Imps run. But running Imps don't bunch up for a juicy OF. Make sure you don't make an Umbral Imp run away!

-In phase 2, leaving Servants alone if possible, then slowing them with Piercing Howl when she teleports works wonders.

People have observed this happening sometimes, but only in P1.

Note that if there are Umbral Imps up, you can't interrupt or damage the boss at all.

More than likely you had umbrals up.
    She blocks the kick. Its going to happen from time to time, thats what Enraged Regen is for.

Also, the RNG on where Umbral Imps spawn is so fucking annoying. Most of the time they spawn under her. But sometimes they decide to spawn all the way out of her hitbox. Extra fun when they spawn right into a spot where a boulder is about to land and riiiight out of Odyn's Fury range. It's the sort of aggravating bullshit that would make me throw away my controller if I was playing with one.

EDIT: got it. Nothing changed in my strategy, just better execution and some luck. I sidestepped three boulders very closely, and blew my Odyn's Fury trying to finish her, she shielded at 2% and summoned Umbrals, was frantically trying to kill them 1 at a time, finally got her with about 20% remaining HP.

I'm probably never going to use the appearance beyond a few days, I find it supremely ugly. But it felt good doing this challenge now rather than later. I think it's a really nice scenario, well tuned to be hard but by no means impossible so long as you execute mechanics and use your toolkit well.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-04-16 at 03:52 AM.

I had interrupts blocked even in phase 2, and I had it done when she was at 5% blocked interrupt caused a wipe.
    Here is a good example of bad aoe luck, and adds go behind her. 95 tries still no kill.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sS5PvvLcfQ