Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There will absolutely be one at or even before Blizzcon. The timing in relative to the patches is perfect for it.

Deleted
    I think this time they will wait Blizzcon, i mean, this time they don't have the "WoD everlasting last tier" breathing on them. People have still a loooooot to do, no need to hype people so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Hey guys, I was looking at past announcement times for expansions, and it looks like we could get one at BlizzCon this year!

TBC: 2005-10-28 (During Blizzcon)
    WotLK: 2007-08-03 (During Blizzcon)
    Cataclysm: 2009-08-21 (During Blizzcon)
    MoP: 2011-10-21 (During Blizzcon)
    WoD: 2013-11-08 (During Blizzcon)
    Legion: 2015-08-06 (3 months before Blizzcon)

Source for BlizzCon dates

So we've gotten an annoucement every 2 years, and 2017 will be 2 years since Legion's annoucement!

What do you think? Will we get an announcement? What are you hoping for in 8.0?
    I sure hope there is an announcement of the next expansion at Blizzcon.

What I want is an audacious list of several BIG features that advance gameplay. I want most of the Legion things dismantled, particularly the artifact / legendaries. If we are talking miracles, I want real, serious focus on PVP. With a new guy heading it. But that's if we are talking miracles.

What I suspect we will get, however, is another bland list of grinds under a different name. And perhaps something regarding monetization - ie, loot boxes or some kind of an intermediate currency between real money and gold. If that's what's going to happen, you know the expansion is going to be shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    My own view, is that the will focusing on 7.4 announcement, with maybe a few teasers of beyond, a lot of people, myself included seem to think it will be an Azshara/old gods expansion, so would imagine they might at least mention a few bits, but still focus on upcoming patches details
    Wonder if there will be a 7.4, that would be the first time ever that a exp pack will get 4 tiers.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, I was looking at past announcement times for expansions, and it looks like we could get one at BlizzCon this year!

So we've gotten an annoucement every 2 years, and 2017 will be 2 years since Legion's annoucement!

I hope so, I always love this feeling of hype after a new expantion release. Also, we already know 7.3 will be on Argus and after that we're clueless as to what could it be. If they don't announce a new expantion they're gonna announce 7.4 most certantly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Wonder if there will be a 7.4, that would be the first time ever that a exp pack will get 4 tiers.
    They did say, they have scrapped the shorter expansions ideas, so maybe we will, to tie up loose ends

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Think what you want of Legion, but there's a perception of a lot more resources being put into this expansion.
    The perception is exactly the reverse.

Look at the Broken Shore with insane gating. "Big" new features for PVE are now: another tier of artifact. The only new features for PVP are same old battlegrounds with things like fog or jumping (I am not saying a battleground with a fog is a bad idea, I am saying it takes an hour of dev time to do it and that's the only thing they managed to find resources for in 8 months = they are absolutely putting less resources into the game, not more).

10+ Year Old Account

So we've gotten an announcement every 2 years, and 2017 will be 2 years since Legion's annoucement!

Considering it'll be in November and Argus, the final patch, will be released by then (most likely), I'm going to guess that there is a very good chance the new expansion will be announced either at Blizzcon or shortly before Blizzcon (and then they'll use Blizzcon to further elaborate on the features and such).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The perception is exactly the reverse.

Look at the Broken Shore with insane gating. "Big" new features for PVE are now: another tier of artifact. The only new features for PVP are same old battlegrounds with things like fog or jumping (I am not saying a battleground with a fog is a bad idea, I am saying it takes an hour of dev time to do it and that's the only thing they managed to find resources for in 8 months = they are absolutely putting less resources into the game, not more).
    7.2 is basically on par if not bigger than "fan favorites" to shitpost with like SWP or Firelands.

Time gating is way better than the stupid system they had in previous patches where you actually could fall behind on the time gate. And don't act like previous content patches WEREN'T timegated (yes, quests unlocked through rep is also timegating)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    They did say, they have scrapped the shorter expansions ideas, so maybe we will, to tie up loose ends
    Well shorter was WoD (0 good patches), i think they move back more to the MoP model but try to remove the 13 month of SoO thing.
    But if they fill that 13 months with a raid? i dont see it happen i think they will do the micro-patches in that time but i guess we will see.

Soda on a stream also said that he is VEEERY excited about the announcements that would be done on Blizzcon and he can not discuss it or say anything about it.

Knowing Soda it is certainly something WoW related.

It would be wise for it to be announced on blizzcon.
    Tomb of Sargeras would already be at the 4-5 month mark if it really launches on June. Since ToS is a solo raid tier, it would last less than the first one (which is already at 8 months)
    It would give them plenty of time until Argus content runs out of steam.
    Imo, Argus should launch on November/December 2017 or Jan2018 if they make a Filler raid like ToV in between.
    This would give time for a June/July/August 2018 release date, which would already be an immense improvement over 1 year of HFC/Siege.

The problem is that, for that to be true, 8.0 Beta should already be starting on Blizzcon or shortly after Argus launch.
    Legion beta was 8 months and it was one of the most unpolished expansions in terms of bugs in my opinion. Not the launch though, the launch was perfect.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I believe so.

Unless there's another big patch after 7.3, as 7.3 is/should be about at that time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't see an expansion, maybe "giant" patch fluffing, we also have the unknown diablo game in dev floating about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion was announced during Gamescom 2015 and DH class was also playable, 4/5 months after, Legion beta was available...

This year Gamescom will be from 23 to 26.08.2017, will be exactly 1 year after Legion was released and something will be annunced for sure, but maybe will be patch 7.3 and his Argus content and/or just an hint about next expantion, that will be probably fully revealed at Blizzcon.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Old Gods hype!!

Long time until Blizzcon though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I don't see an expansion, maybe "giant" patch fluffing, we also have the unknown diablo game in dev floating about.
    Blizzcon will be in November, there will be no more major patches after Argus. Expansion is really the only thing they can talk about unless they plan on milking Legion until 2019.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The hyperbole never stops! Yes, there was some time gating and grinds in the past. Everything about legion is a time gate, grind or RNG. See the difference? 7.2 is one of the most misleading patches I can remember. At least we got 4 WQ and about an hour and a half of content in week 1!
    What patch had more than that?

Normally they would, but it's possible that they'll do it at another convention again if their own convention is all about Overwatch again. WoW is less important than anything they can market as an esport so I can see them pushing it out of their own show to focus on games that 'show' better. So an announcement somewhere else and one or two panels plus maybe a live Q&A at Blizzcon isn't unlikely. The market they want is games people like watching other people play. WoW doesn't really fit into this.

GDC already happened this year, so maybe E3 or some other game convention.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on whether this is a 7.4 planned. 7.3 or 7.3.5 probably won't land until January of 2018 here. So depending on whether they have another major patch planned will determine if they announce it ahead of time.

If they announce too early you get expansion-itis where you stop caring about current raids/equipment because you know it will be replaced soon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222