Wyrmtongue's Cache, April 12 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Tweets, Mind Worm, Balance Druids

PTR Patch 2.6.0

The Un'Goro Volcano has Erupted!

Patch 7.2 - Wyrmtongue's Cache
    After completing the quests that send you to find treasure all over the Broken Shore, The Motherlode will unlock. This leads you to a cave, with a vendor, keys, and chests, similar to the one on Timeless Isle.

A world quest involving the vendor (Treasure Master Iks'reeged) is sometimes available, allowing you to turn in 100 x Nethershard for a Wyrmtongue's Cache Key. You can also purchase keys for 2000 x Nethershard.

This key opens various chests around the cave. These chests can contain:

Level Type Name Cost
    110Other Lingering Wyrmtongue Essence50000 × 
    1Other Chipped Demonic Key Stone7500 × 
    1Key Wyrmtongue's Cache Key2000 × 

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - April 12
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Artifacts
    • The requirement "Complete 100 dungeons while using your Hidden Artifact appearance" to unlock Hidden Artifact appearance color variant 2 has been reduced from 100 to 30 dungeon completions.
      • Developers’ notes: The time and effort required for this Hidden Artifact unlock wasn’t consistent with the other two color unlocks. Additionally, now that Challenge Artifact appearances are in the game, requiring you to continue using your Hidden Artifact appearance (which can't be transmogged into the more prestigious Challenge appearance) for 100 dungeons was too much.

Bonus Event
    • Corrected an issue preventing some players from accepting The Arena Calls skirmish event quest.

Classes
    • Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
      • Wrathguard's Mortal Cleave should now hit the same arc as the Felguard's Legion Strike ability.
      • The Observer's Optical Blast should now share a cooldown with other Silence effects.
      • Flames of Sargeras (Artifact Trait) increases the damage of both Conflagrate and Shadowburn.

Items

Tailoring

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PTR Development Notes - Build 23910
    Just to clarify: the specs I called out in the original post are those we're planning major rotational/mechanical changes to. We're also planning talent/balance tuning for many other specs (e.g. Fire Mage, Blood DK, others) that don't need a mechanical overhaul but could still use some numbers love. (Official Forums)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Blackout Strikes
    That datamining is extremely incomplete. It's a 500pc jigsaw puzzle with 300 of the pieces missing. Best to wait for the actual PTR. You won't have to wait 14sec between Blackout Strikes. (Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    On the day of a major patch, I expect ____ hours of quest content to unlock immediately. It should include at least: . (Muffinus)
    Opening day was fine. Pacing of story events after is what feels eh. Story seems stuck since camp was set… https://t.co/EQcdKIDdje
    What would be a solid story for you to chew through in a week? (Muffinus)

I would have liked BrS much more if it felt engaging. It's just an unfun twice-a-daily hub cuz of staggered WQ timers with little reward.
    What's engaging? Genuinely curious :] (Muffinus)

I expected more than we got in 7.2.. I think there needed to be more on the broken shore itself and less going back to the other zones
    What would have been a satisfying day 1 for you? Paint me a picture of what that finale cinematic looks like. (Muffinus)

The slow drip of content is unacceptable. 11 weeks?! I seriously have not played since Monday. If I want to binge-play, let me binge-play!
    How far would you want to be able to binge to? The end? How long would that take? (Muffinus)

If we are being honest with each other, I'm not like others. I miss dailies. I enjoyed the MoP daily format.
    What do you miss about it? (Muffinus)

Patch 7.2 - Riddler's Mind-Worm
    We've added a video with the locations for the Riddler's Mind-Worm mount to make finding the pages a little easier.

FinalBossTV #135 - Balance Druids
    This week focused on Balance Druids!

"The requirement "Complete 100 dungeons while using your Hidden Artifact appearance" to unlock Hidden Artifact appearance color variant 2 has been reduced from 100 to 30 dungeon completions"

Ha, less than 24 hours after I finally got 100 done. Rabble rabble...

Deleted
    it can drop 100k nether shards?

Deleted
    It's just gambling with all it's downsides which means your chances to win the jackpot are extremely small, everyone i know got way less out of the chests then they invested.

Hidden skin? I play ww monk and don't know what is it...f***ing withered army scenario...tries and tries and tries and tries...f***ing RNG.

I won't be buying the keys for 2000 nethershards. I will however be wanting the pet and toy, but those will come naturally as I get more and more alts at level cap. If I end up with one of each class as usual, that will be 12 shots at both items each time the WQ is up.

Those blue tweets are hilarious, you can see they are stuck with the amount of what do you want/think responses. Back in the day they would create stuff whilst sat on the toilet that was more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    Those blue tweets are hilarious, you can see they are stuck with the amount of what do you want/think responses. Back in the day they would create stuff whilst sat on the toilet that was more fun.
    Hm, I actually think it's exactly the right response. Most of the complaints are completely destructive. Not a single constructive part to them. Like "I want more fun". "Gating is stupid". "I don't have enough story".

Hence: What exactly do those players expect? What IS fun for them, instead of what isn't? How much story WOULD be appropriate instead of how much isn't... etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I won't be buying the keys for 2000 nethershards. I will however be wanting the pet and toy, but those will come naturally as I get more and more alts at level cap. If I end up with one of each class as usual, that will be 12 shots at both items each time the WQ is up.
    Exactly what I thought. I'd rather use shards for gear and additional trys in the mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Yeah, but the way in which they're coming off as smug shits isn't helping. Eventually they will just shift the paradygm. Instead of people resubbing the day of new content then slowly tapering off as content dries up, they'll hold off until everything is released then rush through and drop off as content dries up.

I really don't see the point.
    I'm not sure how you're getting smug from Jeremy's posts, this is how he responds to 90% of low-quality feedback, and he's primarily the only one who asks the 'how would you prefer it' questions. Feedback from end users (players, consumers, customers, anyone at all) is always terrible. People give emotional, low-detail responses that are completely unactionable. By engaging the user on that feedback you can get more information. If you've ever worked at a help desk, this would be obvious. 'My computer isn't working' is completely unactionable. 'What are you trying to do?' would probably sound smug if you read it on twitter, I guess? But that's the question that needs to be asked.

These questions are the mark of a community management employee doing his job correctly, not a company running out of ideas.

Thank goodness they lowered the dungeon requirement. Even with as many dungeons as I've done with my main, I'm still only at about 60 complete (with hidden appearances for all specs).

Nice to not have to keep grinding that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Hm, I actually think it's exactly the right response. Most of the complaints are completely destructive. Not a single constructive part to them. Like "I want more fun". "Gating is stupid". "I don't have enough story".

Hence: What exactly do those players expect? What IS fun for them, instead of what isn't? How much story WOULD be appropriate instead of how much isn't... etc.
    I do not think you understand what destructive means. If you work in programming or any creative job then you should know better or maybe you're new. Destructive is "Legion is fucking stupid". Destructive is "Lore is an asshole". This isn't a "it's either this or that" unless you have thin skin or lack experience.

If someone says "gating is stupid" and you can't figure out that it means they passionately hate gated content then you should not be employed to handle that kind of thing. Now they could be more helpful and explain why they hate gating -- but that's not their job. They've already went above and beyond to communicate to you. Mocking them makes you the asshole, not them.

Part of the problem is they don't have a mechanism to measure what players enjoy. They only have what players are willing to tolerate. With a relatively tiny amount of effort they can poll players and be relatively accurate. You don't need to poll a ton -- about 1,000 per region should be enough to give you a reasonably strong picture.

Unfortunately Twitter is a terrible platform for procuring useful information. It's great for shotgun blast information though. Asking specific questions is a hit and miss. A way to get a picture is asking questions leading up to your real one. Example:

- How many hours in a week do you do non-grouped content?
    - How many characters do you have at max level?
    - How many hours do you feel would be ideal for a weeks worth of non-grouped content?

Given the first and last question you can infer many things. The second question lets you know if they are really talking about alts or a main. However Twitter is not the platform for such questions and answers.

Just because a player doesn't communicate doesn't mean they are happy. They could be just hanging on by a thread. Everyone leaves for a reason. Often it's real life. When a player leaves because their friends left you need to think long and hard about whether it's worth addressing or not. Cataclysm should have been a big eye opener for them but I doubt it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    2000 shards for a key is too much.

the reputation "paragon" caches are incredibly underwhelming also. $750 gold ... really? *sigh*

i get why the legionfall rep is such a slow drip to acquire, once people get flying ... there really isn't anything to do anymore. which is incredibly odd. in wod, i wanted flying to help level alts. I have 8 110's already and frankly the thought of getting the rest to max level is pointless because of the AP grind. the last expansion i didnt have all max level characters was BC

patch releases, you got about an hour of content, then its wait for the following week for more story, and then it's another hour. it is very disjointed, and the gating really hurts the flow.

the game just doesnt have an identity anymore. is it a PVE game? is it a PVP game? is it simply a time sink for completists and hoarders? with the recent expansions adding so many mounts, pets, toys, and transmog stuff ... i dont know what the goal is anymore, other than to do stuff to collect stuff that really doesnt do anything.

at the end of the day, i just feel bogged down, its like there are so many instances where i feel like i am waiting for things to happen ... missions to complete, research to complete, next reset, next invasion, next WQ ... waiting for something so i can do something and then waiting again.

Bought a key for 2k and all i got was a single shard FML!

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Bought a key for 2k and all i got was a single shard FML!
    Ana is a twat. Please do not give him the time of day lol.

I received a single shard as well.

Key part missing from those twitter conversations is the poll attached to the original question that Muffinus asked. An overwhelming majority picked the higher volume choices. The choice for the amount of content we actually had on launch day only accounted for about 15% of the votes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Ana is a twat. Please do not give him the time of day lol.
    so salty lul