Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Twenty-nine people in court as part of an inquiry into child rape and trafficking

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39580591
    Twenty-nine people have appeared in court as part of an inquiry into child sex abuse and neglect in Huddersfield.
    The alleged offences took place in the town between 2004 and 2011 and involved girls aged between 11 and 17.
    Twenty-seven men appeared before magistrates accused of offences against 18 people, including rape and trafficking. Two women are charged with child neglect.
    In all the 29 defendants face a total of more than 170 charges.
    Protestors shouted abuse as the defendants arrived at the town's court.
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2017-04-13 at 06:39 PM.

Man, that's horrible.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    In Britain we had a complete and utter failure by some regional police forces and local authorities in their duty to protect the vulnerable in society, this was due to fear of being accused of racism. I think this was one of those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    In Britain we had a complete and utter failure by some regional police forces and local authorities in their duty to protect the vulnerable in society, this was due to fear of being accused of racism. I think this was one of those cases.
    yup thats the sad fact of cracking down on racism to an extreme level, this opens the gates for those races to commit crimes without fear because the police are too scared of being wrong, then they're sue'd for racism lose their job etc etc.

Deleted
    Nasty scumbags deserve what they are going to get, can't belive that the Beeb released there names and the streets they live on.

I struggle to understand this, they are there to do a job not piss their pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I struggle to understand this...
    You, me and most of Britain struggled to understand it.

Deleted
    Put them against a wall and have them shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup thats the sad fact of cracking down on racism to an extreme level, this opens the gates for those races to commit crimes without fear because the police are too scared of being wrong, then they're sue'd for racism lose their job etc etc.
    Both Europe and the US need to stop worrying about people of various colours claiming racism at every turn and just do their job.

It boggles the mind that this is even an issue
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

something something PIZZA GATE!!!! something something
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice anything interesting about the list of names?

Regardless, child abuse... The less severe punishment should be castration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    If police are too scared to do their jobs - that is they have doubts whether or not an act is legitimate, then they should not be police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    This is only partly true. The bigger problem, in the Rotherham case, is the police and social services believed the victims were willing participants. Many of those girls reached out to police and social services, but as they were from impoverished backgrounds or were living in child care homes, the police and social work chose not to believe them.

Scream racism all you want but the bigger problem here is classism.
    Wha...what? I mean FUCK the bourgeoisie. They are to blame!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Holy Halibut. I don't have anything else to add to this, just crazy...

In Britain we had a complete and utter failure by some regional police forces and local authorities in their duty to protect the vulnerable in society, this was due to fear of being accused of racism.
    No, it was because they were paid off.

Deleted
    You, me and most of Britain struggled to understand it.
    More than understand it, I struggle to believe it. I find corruption much more realistic as an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    More than understand it, I struggle to believe it. I find corruption much more realistic as an explanation.
    Why would corruption be more realistic than incompetence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    The independent inquiry into Rotherham stated:

"By far the majority of perpetrators were described as 'Asian' by victims, yet throughout the entire period, councillors did not engage directly with the Pakistani-heritage community to dicuss how best they could jointly address the issue. Some councillors seemed to think it was a one-off problem, which they hoped would go away. Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of the perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

Asian here refers to people of the Indian sub-continent, i.e. Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Hmm.. the names sound like they are from a certain region of the world... where do those names come from.. Can't put my finger on it..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Hmm.. the names sound like they are from a certain region of the world... where do those names come from.. Can't put my finger on it..
    They're catholic priests?