Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    A lot of people are giving it the devil, but I don't think it is nearly as bad as they are claiming.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I think people get pissed because many of the movies are re-made just for the sake of making a race/gender change.

I have a friend that hates the Thor Movies because the made Heimdall black. Basically his reasoning is that was done on purpose as Heimdall, in Norse Mythology is described as being the "Whitest of the gods". What better way to get a jab in, then to take the basically albino of the gods and make him black...

I think the actor they picked did an excellent job in the role. But, at the same time, you can't deny the undertones of taking what is described as the whitest god, and making them black lol.
    No..... they are made to make $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No..... they are made to make $$$$$$
    Which failed...fantastically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Which failed...fantastically.
    Indeed it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Like they did with BvS, the deleted scenes made the movie better.
    thats because the original cut of batman vs superman is 6 hours, they shouldve made a good movie with the running time that was to be had instead of dicking around and making a 6 hour movie and having to cut and edit it down

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I think people get pissed because many of the movies are re-made just for the sake of making a race/gender change.

I have a friend that hates the Thor Movies because the made Heimdall black. Basically his reasoning is that was done on purpose as Heimdall, in Norse Mythology is described as being the "Whitest of the gods". What better way to get a jab in, then to take the basically albino of the gods and make him black...

I think the actor they picked did an excellent job in the role. But, at the same time, you can't deny the undertones of taking what is described as the whitest god, and making them black lol.
    idris elba could play princess diana and id still say hes the best actor for the role
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats because the original cut of batman vs superman is 6 hours, they shouldve made a good movie with the running time that was to be had instead of dicking around and making a 6 hour movie and having to cut and edit it down
    4 hours actually. And the Ultimate Edition is 3 hours long and improved the quality by miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    4 hours actually. And the Ultimate Edition is 3 hours long and improved the quality by miles.
    no, its 6 hours. they only told us 4 hours but they filmed 6 hours of footage.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Doesn't mean it was meant ot be 6 hours. Lots of films/directors shoot way more than they ever plan to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Doesn't mean it was meant ot be 6 hours. Lots of films/directors shoot way more than they ever plan to use.
    Suicide Squad had over 200 hours of raw footage... and that was before they added reshoots. Probably one among the many reasons for its shitty editing.

Deleted
    The original cut is 4 hours long, which they then still had to re-cut and rearrange to 2.5 hours for theaters and a 3 hour 'Directors cut'. Naturally there is hours upon hours of more footage, that's how making movies tend to work.

Anyway the theatrical release makes no sense, as they literally cut out key points of the story. All in all I like the ultimated edition, but it's still poorly written really.

The original cut is 4 hours long, which they then still had to re-cut and rearrange to 2.5 hours for theaters and a 3 hour 'Directors cut'. Naturally there is hours upon hours of more footage, that's how making movies tend to work.

Anyway the theatrical release makes no sense, as they literally cut out key points of the story. All in all I like the ultimated edition, but it's still poorly written really.
    No, the original cut was 6 you can choose to believe them when they say 4 but the first version snyder tried to give them was 6 hours they just told us it was 4

Deleted
    No, the original cut was 6 you can choose to believe them when they say 4 but the first version snyder tried to give them was 6 hours they just told us it was 4
    Riiiiiiiiiiight. So the guy who actually edited told it was 4 hours long. But you say 6 hours, so I guess I'll just believe you.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. So the guy who actually edited told it was 4 hours long. But you say 6 hours, so I guess I'll just believe you.
    you can choose not to believe me if you want but ive shown time and time again that i know what im talking about in the dc and marvel threads.

Deleted
    you can choose not to believe me if you want but ive shown time and time again that i know what im talking about in the dc and marvel threads.
    Sure mate, I'll believe you. It's the internet after all, why wouldn't I.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    If box office mojo has it right, the worldwide results are actually not bad.

Domestic: $32,254,059 (25.0%)
    + Foreign: $96,942,362 (75.0%)
    = Worldwide: $129,196,421

That article about the movie in Japan was also interesting to read. "Yahoo Japan’s movie review site lists the film at a decent 3.56 user rating, higher than that of the original anime"
    So it may make all its money back so that's good. I haven't gone and seen it yet but from what I heard ill enjoy it. Not really surprised it did poorly here in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

You Vs the guy who edited the movie.....Who to believe......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That article about the movie in Japan was also interesting to read. "Yahoo Japan’s movie review site lists the film at a decent 3.56 user rating, higher than that of the original anime"

It's not that good unfortunately. They would need 300 million to make a decent chunk.

The movie cost 110 million dollars, and marketing probably cost somewhere between 40-60 million dollars. Theatres take about 1/3 of the box office. So if they made 300 million, the studio woud probably make somewhere between 30-50 million.

Well at least one good thing is coming out of this. Kenji Kamiyama(stand alone complex director) is making a new animated ghost in the shell project. No info yet. New movie? New series? Hell stand alone complex season 3? Thank god hollywood cant kill the franchise.

http://www.productionig.com/contents...april_7_2.html

Pretty horrible for a movie with a 110 million initial production budget, actually. It's probably going to lose significant amount after paying for advertising. It's possible it'll make enough in the DVD/Netflix market to break even. But if a movie "breaks even" it's still a loss of money for investors because big budget sci-fi films take a long time to make and you could have put that money someplace else and got better ROI. I've heard that investors consider anything that doesn't double their investment to be a flop in big budget action movies.

After vanishing in its opening weekend at the domestic box office to $18.6 million, film finance sources tell Deadline that Paramount/DreamWorks-Reliance’s Ghost In The Shell stands to lose at least $60M, and that’s based off a global B.O. projection of $200M ($50M domestic, $150M international) and combined P&A/production costs of $250M. Some sources even assert that the production cost for Ghost is far north of $110M and more in the $180M range — if that’s the case, Ghost is bleeding in excess of $100M.
    https://deadline.com/2017/04/ghost-i...sh-1202061479/

That article was written about a week ago and GitS is sitting at about 2/3 of that projection both in foreign and domestic markets.
    Last edited by Sergar; 2017-04-14 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Well at least one good thing is coming out of this. Kenji Kamiyama(stand alone complex director) is making a new animated ghost in the shell project. No info yet. New movie? New series? Hell stand alone complex season 3? Thank god hollywood cant kill the franchise.

http://www.productionig.com/contents...april_7_2.html
    I hope it's another season of SAC, loved that series.

Ghost in the Shell casting choice

I personally think Scarlett Johansson was a fine choice for Motoko. Motoko doesn't even look remotely Asian, and that video with the little girl who grows up and looks all upset she's white is a joke. It only further proves a white actor was a better fit. Also the actor who shows the disappointed girl all grown up is ugly as hell. Have people completely lost their common sense or are they just racists calling other people racist?