Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If you're using it on Krosus normal/heroic (or any fight like that), you're doing it wrong. It's also not ideal on Trilliax normal/heroic.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...n&difficulty=4

Very few people swap it, one on Krosus here and mixed on Trillax (but more with DH)

First PTR change is already a nerf. Having around 40k STR means with 4% only 1600 str instead of the 2000 str that Blessing of the Ashbringer gave before.

Quote Originally Posted by saus View Post
    First PTR change is already a nerf. Having around 40k STR means with 4% only 1600 str instead of the 2000 str that Blessing of the Ashbringer gave before.
    Wonderful.

Gonna be the same with scaling i guess , or close. Not a big deal atm.

4% could be a buff with tomb gear

Edit: Well, if it goes up to 50k
    Last edited by General Guderian; 2017-04-13 at 11:27 PM.

Indeed , its gonna be a buff

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saus View Post
    Nerf now, buff later. As we move into ToS and accrue more STR in our gear, it becomes a buff, and also means it stays relevant as we move forward into 7.3 and beyond. Instead of becoming weaker than what most stat sticks will be giving at that point.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerel View Post
    Nerf now, buff later. As we move into ToS and accrue more STR in our gear, it becomes a buff, and also means it stays relevant as we move forward into 7.3 and beyond. Instead of becoming weaker than what most stat sticks will be giving at that point.
    You will need at least 50,000 Strength for it to be equivalent to what it is now. An extra ~15,000 Strength is likely not going to happen.

Just looking at the loot in-game you can see that the difference between base Mythic NH gear and base Mythic ToS gear is roughly 400-500 Strength per piece, which equates to a bonus of up to ~6,000 Strength if you get Strength on all pieces of gear (excluding the artifact weapon).

As someone with 37,000 Strength this is nowhere near enough to compensate unless I get lucky with Titanforged gear.
    Last edited by MrTastix; 2017-04-14 at 12:49 AM.

meanwhile draught of souls for fury warriors remain untouched

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTastix View Post
    You will need at least 50,000 Strength for it to be equivalent to what it is now. An extra ~15,000 Strength is likely not going to happen.

Just looking at the loot in-game you can see that the difference between base Mythic NH gear and base Mythic ToS gear is roughly 400-500 Strength per piece, which equates to a bonus of up to ~6,000 Strength if you get Strength on all pieces of gear (excluding the artifact weapon).

As someone with 37,000 Strength this is nowhere near enough to compensate unless I get lucky with Titanforged gear.
    I agree that 4% isn't equal compensation at this point. But we may see them increase the % we gain, still early days in the 7.2.5 PTR. As it stands right now, the 2000 strength is equivalent of a ilvl900 Stat-stick, minus the secondary. That's likely why this change came about to be honest, Blizzard probably see it as we are gaining a '3rd' trinket from this, and deem it too strong to carry forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Poundcake View Post
    meanwhile draught of souls for fury warriors remain untouched
    This is an oversight Blizz will never admit to fucking up on. Another typical snow ball effect that they won't change now, similar to that of the Arcanocrystal. So many warriors having it now, it would just be the same.

That said, this is something we can influence, if we probe at this in the proper manner through the proper channels, we can get a response to this change, and try to steer it in the right direction.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I agree that 4% isn't equal compensation at this point. But we may see them increase the % we gain, still early days in the 7.2.5 PTR. As it stands right now, the 2000 strength is equivalent of a ilvl900 Stat-stick, minus the secondary. That's likely why this change came about to be honest, Blizzard probably see it as we are gaining a '3rd' trinket from this, and deem it too strong to carry forward?
    Yeah, but what I saw on a few other classes (not all mind you) is that the ability in that spot was like 800-900 of a stat and shares with other members. So makes sense in a way that we got 2000.

Is the change to Blessing of the Ashbringer the final nail in the coffin for Faulty Countermeasure? Horn of Valor was already super close and actually superior on AoE fights, and now the on use of Horn is getting 4% better by proxy.

personally i think divine purpose should be made baseline again for Ret and another throughput talent added in its place

Quote Originally Posted by brarkan68 View Post
    Indeed , its gonna be a buff
    Going to be a monstrous nerf in PvP

It's not a big nerf, it's just a strange one. The funny thing is, upping it to 5% scaling would actually keep it the same for ToS levels of Strength while makling it scale better for luck Titanforged drops.

This is an oversight Blizz will never admit to fucking up on. Another typical snow ball effect that they won't change now, similar to that of the Arcanocrystal. So many warriors having it now, it would just be the same.
    Yeah man, it's okay for warriors to have trinket synergy so long as they're not paladins, amirite?

The change is likely because it doesn't scale with gear right now. It's possible they're just undertuning it for now to see how well it works out in the PTR and they haven't really decided how much farther up they're going to scale the ilvl. There's still time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...n&difficulty=4

Very few people swap it, one on Krosus here and mixed on Trillax (but more with DH)
    I have the legendary cloak. I'd have to be an idiot to not swap to Blade of Wrath, nevermind the fact I only use 2P tier for single target because my non-tier pieces are just higher ilvl/better stats atm, so I'm not wasting any "potential" HP either.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The change is likely because it doesn't scale with gear right now. It's possible they're just undertuning it for now to see how well it works out in the PTR and they haven't really decided how much farther up they're going to scale the ilvl. There's still time.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the legendary cloak. I'd have to be an idiot to not swap to Blade of Wrath, nevermind the fact I only use 2P tier for single target because my non-tier pieces are just higher ilvl/better stats atm, so I'm not wasting any "potential" HP either.
    I have the legendary cape too and I use DH on pretty much everything to very good success.

If I'm looking at the right logs for you it looks like you even used DH last time you did trilliax lol. That said though, at your gear level I'd suspect BoW to perform better.

Deleted
    The thing with DH is, that it's too close on ST compared to BoW, while being flat out superior at 2+ targets, look at rankings for example. On Stuff like Krosus HC, which ist 99% ST, Paladins using DH still compete with those using BoW, that shows how strong it is, even on a fight where it should be weaker than BoW.
    I personally would prefer DH being nerfed and BoJ buffed (maybe holy dmg baseline?) this would move our rather mediocre ST damage up a little bit, while turning our currently fairly strong AoE/Cleave down. Imho this would be a preferable spot to be on.

The blessing of the Ashbringer change is good (it gives it some room for scaling), whether 4% would be justified nerf, depends on whether we get further changes. Right now I don't think we're in a position that screams nerf, our overall performance in Nighthold is fairly strong, but given how strong our cleave/AoE has become thats rather due to the raid being a good setting for us (and it's not like we're that far ahead of other classes, looking at you, affliction locks).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I have the legendary cape too and I use DH on pretty much everything to very good success.

If I'm looking at the right logs for you it looks like you even used DH last time you did trilliax lol. That said though, at your gear level I'd suspect BoW to perform better.
    Can't be mine because I always use BoW on Trilliax. I did accidentally use Divine Purpose on Skorpyron and probably would've ended up #1 in raid with it until I died (through no fault of mine, people kept getting hit by shockwave and the little scorpions aggro'd on me and yeah). Forgot to change spec from my world questing so I didn't have as many defensives as I usually like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget that whith this change to BotA, the concordance proc will be affected also.