Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to give us a demonic possession ability where our demon possesses us giving us a buff and changing our appearance to look similar to the demon that possessed us.

Imp possession gives us some imp horns
    Voidwalker possession gives us the gold bracelets and purple glowing eyes
    Fel Hunter possession gives us those tentacle things growing from our back
    Succubus possession gives us the succubus' wings, tail, and horns
    Felguard possession gives us his spikes on his back and red eyes
    Doomguard possession gives us the Doomguard wings
    Infernal Possession makes us stone with a fel fire aura

So rather than using metamorphosis to bring out the demon within, we use possession to empower us with the demon without as it were.

- - - Updated - - -

yet . . . :P
    Amazing idea! +1

We are already losing void walkers to shadow priests anyways.

Warlock class fantasy is to lose shit to other classes so they can have their new fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need to be like Gul'dan. Visible fel corruption. Fel magic corrupts the wielder, I don't understand why Dhs get to look all cool and corrupted but we don't.

They want only Dhs to have metamorphosis? Fine, but give us glowing red eyes, a sickly looking skin tone option and spikes and shit growing out of or body. Warlocks don't transform into demons? Fine, because we ARE virtually demons after years of fel use. Like Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Level5 Laser Lotus View Post
    Any source on that?
    Their goddamn class hall. Their target dummies are voidwalkers.

The entire theme of the shadow priest spec has far more void magic than the un-updated vanilla affliction warlock puff smoke clouds they got. Affliction has been stretched out to the point where void magic has been emphasized for shadow priest and soul reaping was stepped on by death knights as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't warlocks give up on using Metamorphosis exactly because of what happened with Kanrethad? It'd make sense that he, of all people, would still tap into that power. Our characters do not because they're supposed to "know better", I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd say it's still canon that warlocks can do this. but the practice has probably fallen out of favor with mainstream warlocks because of what it did to kanrethad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't warlocks give up on using Metamorphosis exactly because of what happened with Kanrethad? It'd make sense that he, of all people, would still tap into that power. Our characters do not because they're supposed to "know better", I guess.
    I've proposed this idea before, really it could have just been one quick line in our 7.2 champion quest chain, just like how they explained us getting Meta in the first place in the green fire chain.

How it took that catastrophe for Warlocks to see there is a line even we shouldn't cross, etc, etc.

Maybe after they get off the "class fantasy" schtick they'll let us have it back. Hell, we eventually got a version of Death Coil back ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't want to know better, as leaders of the black harvest. We need all the power we can muster!

I honestly don't think that they will return such a feature to warlocks, the Metamorphosis though was cool, it would take away the snowflake effect a demon hunter would have and I guess you could gingerly say a core ability. I wish in a way they would update it in HD because the original form to me though simple had such more to it but alas, that is the spoils of progress.

I would say a follower having this is a small nod to the previous carnations that warlocks were, as much as the Night Elves in the Warcraft series prior having plate which is a nod towards the Moonfang mini saga for the Paladin class hall. They have the ability to bring it back but I very much doubt it with the whole Demon Within has become more refined, their sway towards Warlocks has slowly being made towards that similiarity to the Fel corruption side like Gul'dan than the demon vein of Illidan.

I just figured it was all canon. The entire Kanrethad questline makes zero sense without it being canon.

I'd personally love if they gave back Metamorphosis to warlocks with a less....Illidan-like form, and turned it back into a demonology cooldown for burst (and redesigned the spec to be, you know, actually fun). I can't imagine it would be particularly hard to create skin for each warlock race that transformed your character to resemble old Metamorphosis for example, with the wings, horns and skin simply being altered versions of your character model like an armor set.

That being said, I seriously doubt they'll ever do it. It's honestly, no joke, really bullshit that they put Meta on Kanrethad, a follower in 7.2, after completely removing it from warlocks and giving it to another class but other NPCs use removed spells all the time.

Canon. What the hell is canon? Since Warcraft 1 itself, warlocks are treated as joke acolytes of the underworld who use the necrotic stench of the dead, but can't raise the dead. I mean, it's bad enough that Blizzard is treating warlocks as pigeonholed, water-downed necrolytes who can't raise the dead because of overlap, but to remove metamorphosis from the class after establishing that ALL creatures who use the power of fel magic take on a demonic appearance. The lore is shit and it seems to me, at this point, that the warlock class should just be retconed into oblivion. That or remade to focus on using the demonic, Holy Light of the holy dreadlord Lothraxion. I mean, after all, Blizzard's employees don't act as if warlocks use dark, necromantic magic to animate the dead with their soulstones. They act as if warlocks have the ability to perfectly restore the dead back to full life, an ability that only a being of Light would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Canon. What the hell is canon? Since Warcraft 1 itself, warlocks are treated as joke acolytes of the underworld who use the necrotic stench of the dead, but can't raise the dead. I mean, it's bad enough that Blizzard is treating warlocks as pigeonholed, water-downed necrolytes who can't raise the dead because of overlap, but to remove metamorphosis from the class after establishing that ALL creatures who use the power of fel magic take on a demonic appearance. The lore is shit and it seems to me, at this point, that the warlock class should just be retconed into oblivion. That or remade to focus on using the demonic, Holy Light of the holy dreadlord Lothraxion. I mean, after all, Blizzard's employees don't act as if warlocks use dark, necromantic magic to animate the dead with their soulstones. They act as if warlocks have the ability to perfectly restore the dead back to full life, an ability that only a being of Light would have.
    the orc necrolytes used fel and necromancy because orcs dealt in more spiritual ways than humans did.

warlocks and necromancers have always been different, but there can be overlap. fel as it is now is the chaotic energy of the nether, the byproduct of clashing light and void. we've seen it can be used to restore crippled and cursed bodies, heal, all kinds of things.

as for lothraxion, his light is just that, light. it's not demonic or fel, it's pure light.

i'm happy with what lothraxion means for demons in the future. they're always stupid one dimensional evil things in every other fantasy. in wow, they can be good or bad, or neutral. it's nice. one dimensional good or bad is always boring.

Blizzard enjoys stomping all over us so it's pretty obvious this is their way of mocking people who did not want to give up Metamorphosis.

I just want demo to become a real summoner spec, this legion style demo is a weak clunky wannabe version of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to give us a demonic possession ability where our demon possesses us giving us a buff and changing our appearance to look similar to the demon that possessed us.

Imp possession gives us some imp horns
    Voidwalker possession gives us the gold bracelets and purple glowing eyes
    Fel Hunter possession gives us those tentacle things growing from our back
    Succubus possession gives us the succubus' wings, tail, and horns
    Felguard possession gives us his spikes on his back and red eyes
    Doomguard possession gives us the Doomguard wings
    Infernal Possession makes us stone with a fel fire aura

So rather than using metamorphosis to bring out the demon within, we use possession to empower us with the demon without as it were.

- - - Updated - - -

yet . . . :P
    You are my soul mate dude. I've imagined the same thing, more specifically i wanted a new talent to replace Grimoire of Supremacy (that i feel useless in demo), we could called him Grimoire of Fusion.

The main idea is to do what you've wrote, it would be a merge between the old metamorphosis from wotlk/cata and the old grimoire of sacrifice.
    When you active the talent you change form and receive Demonic leap + a special skill which vary with the main demon with you (felguard would becomes a charge that stun enemies for example). You would of course do more damage in that form, being more resistant, unable to get poly/hex but being vulnerable to spell like bannish

The spell with last 30sec for 3minCD, like in the good old time, and during that time your demon would temporary disappears, and would be back at the end of the buff or if you cancel it. During that Meta time, you make the damage by yourself and not with the help of your demons, for example Hand of Gul'dan would become once again Chaos Wave and do instantly all the damage of HoG + what damage would have done the imps instantly.I would kill to have something like that back.

Just imagine for example some legendary item you consider as shitty at the moment, would become really strong (ex: the helmet), and some legendary you consider bis now would decrease (wilfried) if you choose that talent. It could be interresting.
    Sould harvest might maybe start to have any utility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Level5 Laser Lotus View Post
    When you acquire Kanrethad Ebonlocke and assign him as your bodyguard, he will periodically activate Demon Within transforming himself in to our ex-meta form. So it appears that warlock's metamorphosis was not scraped as a cannon and that it still exists. Do you think we will get it back some day, or is it just Blizzard's way of mocking us?
    FYI: Gul'dan in the Nighthold, Metamorphosises dureing the fight....

the orc necrolytes used fel and necromancy because orcs dealt in more spiritual ways than humans did.

warlocks and necromancers have always been different, but there can be overlap. fel as it is now is the chaotic energy of the nether, the byproduct of clashing light and void. we've seen it can be used to restore crippled and cursed bodies, heal, all kinds of things.

as for lothraxion, his light is just that, light. it's not demonic or fel, it's pure light.

i'm happy with what lothraxion means for demons in the future. they're always stupid one dimensional evil things in every other fantasy. in wow, they can be good or bad, or neutral. it's nice. one dimensional good or bad is always boring.
    Umm..yeah...no. Since Warcraft 1, warlocks are acolytes (followers) of the underworld who use the destructive power from the realm of the dead and could create a necrotic stench designed to decay. Quite literally, the warlocks of WC1 are pigeonholed, water-downed necrolytes who can't raise the dead as undead and that is how warlocks are being treated as even until today. Most - if not all - warlock abilities are necromantic spells used by necromancers in their necromantic practices. Do you think warlocks aren't using necromantic abilities when they're casting immolate? Derpderp, fire is an element and warlocks would be using the necromantic Decay to weaponize the fire they use as a weapon.

And as for Lothraxion, his light is demonic. You're probably the type of person who automatically thinks demonic = evil, but, FYI, demonic is an adjective applied to things "of, from, or pertaining to, a demon". The Light is technically demonic if it's the energy of a demon, but that doesn't mean the Light is evil. Are demonic weapons evil? Don't act like demons are stupid one dimensional evil things.

I just want a channeled summon spell that opens up a portal from the ground and a Pit Lord slowly emerges to fuck up their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Umm..yeah...no. Since Warcraft 1, warlocks are acolytes (followers) of the underworld who use the destructive power from the realm of the dead and could create a necrotic stench designed to decay. Quite literally, the warlocks of WC1 are pigeonholed, water-downed necrolytes who can't raise the dead as undead and that is how warlocks are being treated as even until today. Most - if not all - warlock abilities are necromantic spells used by necromancers in their necromantic practices. Do you think warlocks aren't using necromantic abilities when they're casting immolate? Derpderp, fire is an element and warlocks would be using the necromantic Decay to weaponize the fire they use as a weapon.

And as for Lothraxion, his light is demonic. You're probably the type of person who automatically thinks demonic = evil, but, FYI, demonic is an adjective applied to things "of, from, or pertaining to, a demon". The Light is technically demonic if it's the energy of a demon, but that doesn't mean the Light is evil. Are demonic weapons evil?
    my dude, you got some legit nonsensical understandings of the realities presented to you.

you got some legit nonsensical understandings of the realities presented to you.
    Actually, you do. You act as if the warlocks of WC1 aren't necrolytes and that's because you fail to understand the implication and ultimate meaning of the claims that the WC1 manual present. And on a side, you either woefully misunderstand the definitions of terms or act as if they're irrelevant.