Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Throwing the punches was definitely excessive. However, how do you take off your jacket and challenge the officer to a fight and think its going to go well?
    The guy was trying to fight him and he was by himself. If a punch was going to subdue the CLEARLY combative person, then use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    What's really surprising is a cop even giving a shit about jay walking.
    The guy had a warrant out, but I'm not sure if you can just be like "hey you have a warrant come here" but once he broke a law, he was able to approach. My friend had a bench warrant he didn't know about for a very long time and we were both in the Army so it's not like they didn't know where he lived. He finally found out when he was speeding and got taken in for the warrant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Did you miss the part where he wasn't charged with anything and released?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have an actual point? It doesn't matter if the guy was straight up calling the cop a piece of shit pig. The cop fucked up.
    No the cop did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Did you miss the part where he wasn't charged with anything and released?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have an actual point? It doesn't matter if the guy was straight up calling the cop a piece of shit pig. The cop fucked up.
    I judge that your mentality validated my point perfectly.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Maybe in a busy road. That looks like a neighborhood.
    Here in Ohio, out in a rural area, a woman was hit and killed when she went to check her mail box at the end of her driveway. So this is something which can happen anywhere. No, she was not jaywalking, but she was a person walking close to a road. In even less busy intersections in small towns, jaywalking can increase the chances of someone getting hit and killed.

If the jaywalker only had a Pepsi for the officer... Could have easily been avoided.

So the dude broke the law, then challenged the officer to a fight? Officer was in the wrong but that dude was quite literally asking for that beatdown.