Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Alright I'm not on team "Wipe out NK" but let's not pretend like it's a red blooded GI Joe American sentiment to hate that country.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah China seems to be really backing off on their "we will defend NK" rhetoric.
    That and Trump and Xi seem to be good buddies now.
    I honestly don't know how NK benefits China in any way. The whole country is stuck in the 1950's, most of the people live in mud huts and eat dirt and are starving. Most of the population is basically slaves that would be happy to live in the modern day in SK if they could. That said, a military strike may not be the wisest action, because they WILL take out several SK cities with artillery before we could stop them. Obviously the best thing that could ever happen would be an internal revolution that deposes the NK government, and then reuniting with SK. But it's not likely that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He dropped a bomb on a thing. That's all he's done.
    Yeah that's basically exceeding all of my expectations thus far.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Oh whoops. Yeah, they can light of as many fake nukes underground as they want, imo. Earthquake sensors have refuted some of their prior success claims, but I admit I don't exactly keep up with them all.
    Yeah, striking North Korea over this is ridiculous. It's even worse when you consider Trumps incredible hypocricy about "America first" and calling Clinton a warhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    They're not capable of it, but what about when they are capable?
    They will still die horribly if they try? There's never going to be a point where NK is capable of winning a war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If it was literally any other President, who had just met with China, they would know. But we have Trump. And he has no idea.

The best case scenario, is North Korea prepares a "launch", the US strikes what turns out to be a fake and there's no significant fallout, literally or figuratively. Kim Jong Dumbass gets emasculated on global television and his staff forces him to listen to reason.

Worst case, they basically respond to Trump's threats by rolling down the window and tossing a nuke into South Korea. At that point, it doesn't matter what happens, the result is a loss for the world as a whole. (They're not making it to Japan, the sea is thick with ships)
    I know, I left that part out too, Trump. It's a scary thought going to war with a moron like Trump in charge. Jesus christ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Yeah, striking North Korea over this is ridiculous. It's even worse when you consider Trumps incredible hypocricy about "America first" and calling Clinton a warhawk.
    The Angry Orange falls for Best Korea faking a nuke and stomps on them with both boots hardcore. There are no WMDs. Best Baghdad, er, Best Korea points this out as happening. Again.

What can go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Honestly I think he's using military action as a distraction from the FBI's ongoing investigation, regarding his administration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I know, I left that part out too, Trump. It's a scary thought going to war with a moron like Trump in charge. Jesus christ...
    Apparently, Trump has no idea what's going on with the military and has just told the various generals to "do whatever they want".

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Figured this needed it's own thread. We would need to convince South Korea and possibly Japan that it is worth the risk of damage to their nations, but we are already moving bombers to Guam for the possible attack.
    Why expend our own resources? When a simple "hey China, how would you like to expand your borders and national waters" approach would work just as well....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Honestly I think he's using military action as a distraction from the FBI's ongoing investigation, regarding his administration.
    Yep...he figures, starting wars worked for Bush, maybe it'll work for him too. What he doesn't realize is, Bush was just unpopular, he didn't actually do anything illegal. And the FBI isn't going to stop their investigations because Trump starts a war.

It'll probably be some precision missile targeted at a military base or one of Kim Jong Un's mansions or something.
    SEAL Team 6 is currently training in South Korea.

They are the same group who took out Osama

They might get choppered into one of the Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un's mansions.

https://www.chinchillanews.com.au/ne...ining/3166297/

THE crack US Navy Seal team that took out Osama bin Laden is reportedly in training in South Korea, conducting "field training operations", amid rising tension with North Korea.

South Korean media claims the famed Seal Team 6 - which killed Osama bin Laden in May 2011 - is part of the Foal Eagle and Key Resolve exercise being carried out from March 7 to April 30 in South Korea.

I didn't say capable of winning a war. I'm talking about their capability to actually use nuclear weapons. What's stopping them from gaining that capability eventually?
    Nothing. And the US shouldn't play world police.

Is Congress being responsible for declaring war not a thing anymore? Does the god emperor now posses the power to take offensive military action on his own?

To be clear, I still support shooting any missiles off the pad, since that is either a test, or a not test, and we can't trust which is which in advance due to the instability of the leader.

I don't think "America first" extends to letting yourself or your allies be nuked. I think it was more of a policy against regime change wars, ala Iraq. We don't need to spend 3 trillion dollars on anything that isn't a direct threat to us, or our allies. At least, that is how I took his message to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nothing. And the US shouldn't play world police.
    So we should ignore a potential threat?

Pretty much. Weapons of Mass Distraction (stolen from elsewhere).

Soo... just let them build their bombs and when they're capable of nuking other nations then what? Do nothing until they actually nuke someone? Which seems likely considering they're bat shit crazy.
    Are we to go to war with every country that does something we don't like then?

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Is Congress being responsible for declaring war not a thing anymore? Does the god emperor now posses the power to take offensive military action on his own?
    The us doesn't declare war. They only declare how evil and cowardly others are for attacking without declaring war.

If one good thing could come from Trump's presidency, it would be for the president's unchecked authority to attack anyone at random at their whim to be curtailed by congress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You're acting like it never works that way, but that is exactly what we did with Japan. There are a lot of factors that went into that which aren't present in the ME. I'm not saying NK would go over as well as Japan but don't act like it has never happened.
    What did we have to to Japan? Decimate it's entire empire, drop a nuke on it, ban it from being able to build a military, and babysit until present day. That's before the US was babysitting the ME and playing world police. Think we can afford that again? When did the US enter Afghanistan and we're still actively fighting there?

The only reason why the US even cares about that region is to be a pain in the ass to Russia and China.

Resident Cosplay Progressive