Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosvall View Post
    Not sure to say but, you're not right in this.

First there were a bunch of "Hidden wyrmtongue cache". Then a day later there were less, be it from more people actually picking them up or from nerfs is nothing we can do anything else than speculate in. I believe it was due to more people looting them and less people doing Quests or Sentinax.

Then mage tower went up and all "Hidden wyrmtongue cache" got replaced with "Veiled wyrmtongue cache". These spawned at the same positions as the previous hidden ones. But they spawned a lot more frequently and they had about the double rewards. (Double nethershard, double average AP from token, 1 resource on average and double order resources). Then mage tower ended and the "Hidden wyrmtongue cache" replaced them again.
    Which I remember, but the rewards in them were literally the exact same thing as what the hidden were. I always got one of the three treasure AP items, resources, order resources and shards. It definitely didn't feel lucrative. Because at the time I thought to myself I would go farm Legionfall supplies to speed up flying. After about 30 minutes I said it wasn't worth my time like this. Granted with flying now it's stupid easy to run around and get them all.

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    ... you dont turn in your nethershards and you never get the ap tokens, as i said you save up the shards and open the chests on high ak, not sit on the AP tokens till higher AK
    By the time that happens doing a round of world quests also gives you a couple billion, though.
    AK doesn't make any one thing more lucrative, it increases all sources of AP afterall, so sitting on something for weeks or even months is generally not worth it. Might as well enjoy a bump in level right now.

I got 1 (1!!!!!!) nethershard from both chests I tried. Then I gave up.

the caches are nerfed substantially. like everything this patch. because it was never tested.

7.2 is great.

Have they stealth nerfed AP drops from these?
    I got a ton of tokens yesterday when I used around 15 keys, did the same today and got none...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    Have they stealth nerfed AP drops from these?
    I got a ton of tokens yesterday when I used around 15 keys, did the same today and got none...
    yes they were stealth nerfed.

Really pisses me off when they stealth hotfix and don't announce that they did it.
    I just wasted 10k+ shards because I was looking for AP drops.

I wouldn't have bothered buying any if they had...

**EDIT**
    Bought a couple more keys and did get an AP token with a 1 sharder.
    So they are still there but the drop rate has been nerfed very heavily.
    Down from 20-25% to who knows what I would guess from my own experience.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-04-13 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Or its just random and you got unlucky today. Out of 10 keys yesterday I got one AP item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Really not sure what the big deal is. This exact same model existed in MOP on the timeless Isle. And if I remember correctly, it also had an insanely low chance to reward 20x the cost of the key. It's a lottery, so who cares. There are enough people throwing in shards that will never ever get anything good out of it, and a handful of people that are lucky.

And let's face it:
    - 12k gold is NOTHING. You can make 10x that by spending 10 minutes in the AH
    - Order hall resources don't have any value. I'm sitting at 450k at the moment purely through doing world quests. And that's after spending the full amounts on research and getting 3 bonus rolls out of them every week
    - Artifact Power: Yes, 20 Mill might sound a lot, but basically it's 1 day of WQs and a couple m+. Same will be true with AK50, since it's all relative. Further to that, the value of Artifact Power will heavily diminish after you have to go to the "Paragon" trait. Even 4 more of those (that WILL cost billions!) will give you 800 main stat on a random proc of 10 seconds more. Not really game breaking vs. someone who doesn't have it.

It's nice to get the goodies (pets, toys).

Overall: A senseless whine post by an entitled kid that feels cheated because someone else won the lottery and that's soooo unfair!!
    TI and Tanaan both had an advantage for us: We could first gamble with a lesser amount of currency for a token with good stats, then we just bought an upgrade and were done. Now, we have to gamble with the high amount. Yes, you have a chance to get a RNG upgrade, but statistically, you would spend much more of your currency because the chance to get the right stat combination or a double-roll on the first item is not that high.

So... adding another lottery is pointless.

the caches are nerfed substantially. like everything this patch. because it was never tested.

7.2 is great.
    Yup, because something that is completely RNG related and you not getting anything means it was stealth nerfed. >_> In other news, I got more AP today than I did yesterday. Wait, does that mean it was stealth buffed now, too? *Queue X-File theme*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yup, because something that is completely RNG related and you not getting anything means it was stealth nerfed. >_> In other news, I got more AP today than I did yesterday. Wait, does that mean it was stealth buffed now, too? *Queue X-File theme*
    LOL!
    The truth is out there!

7+ Year Old Account
    10.000 nethershard spent and got nothing* just 2 Fel Meteorite, some gold and classorder resources.

*as a pets collector my goal is to find the pet and the toy.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-04-13 at 01:46 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    AP was certainly nerfed.

Deleted
    Free key one, got 8k shards, got excited so went for more keys, second I got 100 shards, next I got the fel meteorite then final key got 1 shard, think I will pass till I have all vendor items

Love that Blizz has increased the reward variable on basically all content to get everyone as addicted as possible. Hooray game theory!

I got 9100 shards out of one. then 72 out of another. Completely random

AP was certainly nerfed.
    Says who though? Based on your tests? Because as I said my tests showed the complete opposite which means it is just RNG being RNG once again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosvall View Post
    Not sure to say but, you're not right in this.

First there were a bunch of "Hidden wyrmtongue cache". Then a day later there were less, be it from more people actually picking them up or from nerfs is nothing we can do anything else than speculate in. I believe it was due to more people looting them and less people doing Quests or Sentinax.

Then mage tower went up and all "Hidden wyrmtongue cache" got replaced with "Veiled wyrmtongue cache". These spawned at the same positions as the previous hidden ones. But they spawned a lot more frequently and they had about the double rewards. (Double nethershard, double average AP from token, 1 resource on average and double order resources). Then mage tower ended and the "Hidden wyrmtongue cache" replaced them again.
    Well, the mage tower is up and I was still seeing Hidden about a hour after it was built. Just spent the last 2 hours searching the island (with flying) and can't find a single chest anywhere. So either something is up or apparently I'm somehow not triggering anything to spawn.

7+ Year Old Account
    GG.

has anyone hit the lottery lately? I've dumped like 30k+ shards in now, never got a big win

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    GG.

Oh wow... Like, you never have to worry about Nethershards again if you score that.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!