Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is Trump we're talking about. He does war like he does everything: over mouthfuls of steak, while golfing, in 140 characters. Basically he wants to make his solution very visible and then somehow the problem is over because he can't be asked to do any followthrough. Christ, he learned how complex the China-NK problem was after talking for ten minutes.

No really. Ten minutes.
    It's really not that complex. We've had decades of political dialog with both China and their proxy all to no avail. It's time to show strength instead and let them know that we're serious. Time for talking is over.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Because they haven't miniaturized their nuclear systems to create warheads yet... I just said that earlier and you dismissed it...

Are you just being intentionally obtuse or what?
    So, they're not an imminent threat then.

Wow, Trump is fucking desperate for a win.

"Health care!" FAIL
    "Um, Mexico will pay for the Wall!" FAIL. Also, the Wall will be seven miles long. As in, one more than six.
    The irony of the Wall is that there are Mexican contractors trying to get into the action of building it. It's good for their business.

South Korea will just merge and we'll just have Korea. Is it really that confusing for people? China won't mind. It's more people that can now buy their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It'll probably be some precision missile targeted at a military base or one of Kim Jong Un's mansions or something.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahhhahaha

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So, they're not an imminent threat then.
    Anyone with a nuke is an imminent threat. The US didn't have miniaturization when they bombed Japan. If a nuke goes off in a shipping container, it does the same amount of damage as it landing via a missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Anyone with a nuke is an imminent threat. The US didn't have miniaturization when they bombed Japan. If a nuke goes off in a shipping container, it does the same amount of damage as it landing via a missile.
    So we should attack everyone who has nukes? Do we also attack ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Yeh indeed, but they have thousands of those. Literally.

Please realise that the only way a Navy Seals team would have any chanse to succeed is when it gets in and out covert, swift and unexpected. That information about a Seal team in South Korea is released is only for the mass. It's "accidentally leaked", it's "showtime".
    No, they do not have thousands of MiGs. They have less than a thousand total aircraft (944), and that includes trainers, transports and helicopters. They only have 458 fighter/interceptors, and planes on the ground would be one of the first targets.

This is Trump we're talking about. He does war like he does everything: over mouthfuls of steak, while golfing, in 140 characters. Basically he wants to make his solution very visible and then somehow the problem is over because he can't be asked to do any followthrough. Christ, he learned how complex the China-NK problem was after talking for ten minutes.

No really. Ten minutes.
    Yea, we all know Donny and his sociopathic behaviour, but I was under the impression that US hasn't turned into a lawless jungle yet.

If we launch a "strike" then expect a nuclear war. There is no "strike" and the only reason Syria and Iran did not start launching missiles at our ships in the seas near them is because Russia stopped them. I honestly do not think people how close we came to ww3 this week.

Guaranteed chance Seoul gets nuked if we strike North Korea. I mean for fuck sake Kim Jung Nutjob is telling people to evacuate Pyonyang. You can kiss 50,000 US troops good bye on the DMZ if we light this match.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    You're saying it's South Korea that actually wants to do the first strike?
    There is this pc from the link;

South Korea Must Sign Off

Implementation of the preemptive U.S. plans, according to multiple U.S. officials, depends centrally on consent of the South Korean government. The sources stress that Seoul has got to be persuaded that action is worth the risk, as there is universal concern that any military move might provoke a North Korean attack, even a conventional attack across the DMZ.

So it is not like the US will strike on their own without consultation and agreement from S. Korea.

Meh..

North Korea is a problem that will sort itself at this point...

These idiots are testing their nuclear weapons near Mount Paektu...

That's like the US actively testing nukes in an underground base at yellowstone, lol.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Yea, we all know Donny and his sociopathic behaviour, but I was under the impression that US hasn't turned into a lawless jungle yet.
    Considering the corporate overlords approve of war, yes. That's how we ended up with both Republican and Democrat senators applauding Trump's attack on Syria. Their owners told them to dance like good little monkeys so they danced. At best the democrats wagged their finger saying, "Good job, but ask us next time, please."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Yeh indeed, but they have thousands of those. Literally.

Please realise that the only way a Navy Seals team would have any chanse to succeed is when it gets in and out covert, swift and unexpected. That information about a Seal team in South Korea is released is only for the mass. It's "accidentally leaked", it's "showtime".
    Funny thing about being on alert, you can only do it for so long before you become lax. Other funny thing, at night your effectiveness goes down when not equipped with NVGs. So, again, they are more than capable of causing mass mayhem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Typical GI Joe, America first response.
    And here we have the stupidest post in this entire thread. You apparently don't know jack shit about North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yep...he figures, starting wars worked for Bush, maybe it'll work for him too. What he doesn't realize is, Bush was just unpopular, he didn't actually do anything illegal. And the FBI isn't going to stop their investigations because Trump starts a war.
    Bush should be tried for war crimes, so yeah he did something preeetty illegal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Liberals are such idiotic morons. Everything you touch turns to crap and you still can't let go of your blind irrational thinking. Amazing.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-04-14 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, they do not have thousands of MiGs. They have less than a thousand total aircraft (944), and that includes trainers, transports and helicopters. They only have 458 fighter/interceptors, and planes on the ground would be one of the first targets.
    They have about 40 MiG-29s and about 100 MiG-23s, everything else is so outclassed by the US it isnt even funny.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    To be clear, I still support shooting any missiles off the pad, since that is either a test, or a not test, and we can't trust which is which in advance due to the instability of the leader.

I don't think "America first" extends to letting yourself or your allies be nuked. I think it was more of a policy against regime change wars, ala Iraq. We don't need to spend 3 trillion dollars on anything that isn't a direct threat to us, or our allies. At least, that is how I took his message to be.
    If theyre actually shooting a short-range missile then responding by shooting it down is more reasonable, we can't know the target so better safe than sorry.
    If it's just another one of their possibly fake tests, then going to war over it would be fucking dumb.

A military strike against North Korea WILL reignite the war, a very very costly war at that which will cost untold lives and billions of dollars. Not to mention the humongous task of invading North Korea and taking charge of it, changing it from teh ground up after decades of indoctrination and poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So we should attack everyone who has nukes? Do we also attack ourselves?
    We have trust of the others that have nukes. Do you equate the Best Korean government and say, France, in level of trustworthiness?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I doubt the courts will ever step in and rule on the legality of how much Power is allowed to the President to command the operations of the Armed Forces.
    Well no, the courts dont do that. A case has to be brought to them, they cant go seeking it out. And as many people now in Congress have said, it's a waste of time for Republicans to investigate Republicans, because they wont find anything.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-