Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Are you running over her during annihilation? That will usually kill her when it happens. At least i remember seeing the debuff on her in one of my wipe videos.
    Nope. She just stands in shit, that's all. She dies to Nether Storm most of the time. I'm getting so frustrated with this that I'm starting to have trouble in phase 1 again, so I won't continue.
    Last edited by mmoc37180e083c; 2017-04-14 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Typos.

Deleted
    I am starting to think that the whole phase 2 is bugged. I have analyzed some videos of mine and here is what keeps happening:

I get into phase 2, start tanking Kruul and attempt to keep moving him around the room. I noticed that he moves extremly slowly. I'm barely able to get him out of the green puddles. Sometimes I stand 20 yards or so away from him, waiting for him to catch up while he moves at a snail's pace. Sometimes, even when I'm far away from him, Kruul just STANDS there. This causes Kor'vas Bloodthorn to also just STAND there, because she always attacks Kruul. So when Kruul and Kor'vas Bloodthorn are stationary, Kor'vas Bloodthorn will obviously die every time, either because of the green puddle or because of Nether Storm.

So, I'm concluding that this encounter is too bugged and flawed to be fit for purpose. It's not worth spending Nethershards and time on in it's current state. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Edit: I have noticed another huge problem with this scenario in my video recordings. Sometimes when I mass grip mobs away from Velen, he follows them and attacks them in melee, dying shortly after due to Nether Storm. I was wondering how he kept dying. Jesus christ this scenario is broken.
    Last edited by mmoc37180e083c; 2017-04-14 at 02:48 AM.

This is the best content Blizzard has made in a long time. I have done it on both Vengeance and Guardian now, and I love it. The frustration of dying in P2 because you miss the orb by 1 or 2 yards right before you die or when you relax for just a second and poof you fly of the platform. The satisfaction of then completing it, just excellent.

It's not impossible, a lot of people have made it. It is hard. All the people here crying about it needs to take a step back and appreciate the challenge this provides. If you can't handle it, wait until Tomb releases and get better gear for an easier time. Stop the entitlement and excuses of why you can't make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    It's not impossible, a lot of people have made it. It is hard. All the people here crying about it needs to take a step back and appreciate the challenge this provides. If you can't handle it, wait until Tomb releases and get better gear for an easier time. Stop the entitlement and excuses of why you can't make it.
    I guess some people can pretend obtaining gear through RNG is hard and challenging, but the rest of us see through the entitlement and excuses from lucky players.

I'm more interested in seeing the lowest possible ilvl / AR than seeing top-gear with bis legendary people who have guilds to funnel them loot circlejerk themselves.

The tank challenge is still very buggy with despawning issues and the NPCs not functioning properly (mostly standing there doing nothing).

But seriously if a Prot War who managed to do it sub-900ilvl, 910 artifact, 42 AR can chime in on their success that'd be great. So far 5mil health, 500kdps (singletarget) with devastator seems like a softcap.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-04-14 at 03:51 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    General question for Druids attempting this:

Is it just me, or do the eyes, elementals, infernals and Variss/Kruul not take any damage whatsoever for a few seconds when Incap Roar is used from druids? Doesnt matter how much I swipe or trash for a couple of seconds after using Incap Roar. Nothing is being damaged. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshibear View Post

Is it just me, or do the eyes, elementals, infernals and Variss/Kruul not take any damage whatsoever for a few seconds when Incap Roar is used from druids? Doesnt matter how much I swipe or trash for a couple of seconds after using Incap Roar. Nothing is being damaged. Anyone experiencing the same problem?
    Yep, it's a known bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    Thanks for condescendingly ignoring all the problems that people have pointed out. Congrats on beating this challenge with the two tanks it is by far the easiest with.
    I'm doing BrM next, after that Warrior. Do you have any request?

Yep, it's a known bug.
    It's not a bug. It's to prevent tanks from being able to spam CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post the armory of the character(s) you completed it on instead of bragging and providing nothing useful.

There are no more useful blanket strategies for the fight as they're slightly different for each tank and the mechanics are not at all complicated (unless you count buggy NPCs). Completing the challenge with a gear/talent setup that isn't "BiS" is more useful than just parroting success.

At this point it's all data collection, with strategy involving non-standard gear/talent setups. Parroting the same known setup relies entirely RNG with no workarounds.

This goes for anyone. If you completed the fight and have a video and don't post your gear/ilvl/relic/etc setup or just armory link you're wasting everyone's time. This is not a mechanical skill fight, it's a gear-check.

Deleted
    Yep. BDK with item level 900. Keep me posted.

The eyes only take dmg from magic damage. For the arcane adds, ya it does happen everytime. I try to hold off on thrash if I have to incap their channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Post the armory of the character(s) you completed it on instead of bragging and providing nothing useful.
    I didn't come here to brag. I just want to break the attitude this community seems to have towards anything challenging.
    You can find my Vengeance DH video in the OP.
    Here's the Guardian one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCiUaOdOo_w

Yep. BDK with item level 900. Keep me posted.
    DK is the only tank I have that is under 850. However, I scrolled to read your previous posts, and you are dying to mechanics and calling them bugs. So you know, maybe you should spend less time on here crying, and more time improving your own play. Maybe looking at some of the Blood DK PoV videos and perhaps even asking those people for tips.

your right on that i had that problem numerous times

Deleted
    DK is the only tank I have that is under 850. However, I scrolled to read your previous posts, and you are dying to mechanics and calling them bugs. So you know, maybe you should spend less time on here crying, and more time improving your own play. Maybe looking at some of the Blood DK PoV videos and perhaps even asking those people for tips.
    So? "Stop the entitlement and excuses of why you can't make it."

I haven't described any working mechanic as a bug. Please try to be less dishonest in the future. I have watched the BDK video in the OP. The only reason he killed the boss is because he got lucky 5 times in a row in phase 2. The mechanics aren't the problem, they are extremly simplistic in fact. The problems are bugs, inept NPC AI, RNG, poor class balance and an unnecessary gear check.

You will start noticing these problems as you as you start playing a tanking class that doesn't have easy mode enabled in this scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't come here to brag. I just want to break the attitude this community seems to have towards anything challenging.
    Congratulations on doing exactly what I fucking said is a waste of time.

Post armory links or what flask/pots/food you used (etc), not advertising your crappy youtube channel. I don't even care if you put crap in the comments, you're just fishing for views.

The only challenge in gear-checks is doing them with non-standard gear. Unless the gear can be obtained without RNG, there is no skill involved. By telling others they're not good enough because you got lucky is enforcing the attitude, not breaking it.

So, I tried doing the tank challenge the second time the mage tower is up and in p2 I am getting a debuf that heals the boss for 5% of his health if I take damage. This is healing the boss for a ton. Is this new or did I miss it from other guides?? Guardian Druid btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trimon View Post
    So, I tried doing the tank challenge the second time the mage tower is up and in p2 I am getting a debuf that heals the boss for 5% of his health if I take damage. This is healing the boss for a ton. Is this new or did I miss it from other guides?? Guardian Druid btw.
    It's an interruptable spell cast by Kruul that applies this debuff.

Alright, I've had enough. I will stop wasting Nethershards until this mess of a "challenge" gets improved. The stupid NPC Kor'vas Bloodthorn continually keeps dying, ruining all my attempts of phase 2. I am done.
    Kor'Vas follows and damages Kruul. If you place adds on top of Kruul and they do their cast without being interupted, she will die. As a blood dk, the adds stop moving while they cast their stuff, so all you have to do is move the boss. Mechanics.

Nope. She just stands in shit, that's all. She dies to Nether Storm most of the time. I'm getting so frustrated with this that I'm starting to have trouble in phase 1 again, so I won't continue.
    Yup, mechanics.

I am starting to think that the whole phase 2 is bugged. I have analyzed some videos of mine and here is what keeps happening:

I get into phase 2, start tanking Kruul and attempt to keep moving him around the room. I noticed that he moves extremly slowly. I'm barely able to get him out of the green puddles. Sometimes I stand 20 yards or so away from him, waiting for him to catch up while he moves at a snail's pace. Sometimes, even when I'm far away from him, Kruul just STANDS there.
    Call it what you want, all tanks have to deal with this.

This causes Kor'vas Bloodthorn to also just STAND there, because she always attacks Kruul. So when Kruul and Kor'vas Bloodthorn are stationary, Kor'vas Bloodthorn will obviously die every time, either because of the green puddle or because of Nether Storm.
    Kor'vas can't take damage from puddles or infernals, so no. If adds does netherstorm on top of boss that's your fault. Mechanics.

So, I'm concluding that this encounter is too bugged and flawed to be fit for purpose. It's not worth spending Nethershards and time on in it's current state. Very frustrating and disappointing.
    Buhuhu bugs... Actually mechanics.

Edit: I have noticed another huge problem with this scenario in my video recordings. Sometimes when I mass grip mobs away from Velen, he follows them and attacks them in melee, dying shortly after due to Nether Storm. I was wondering how he kept dying. Jesus christ this scenario is broken.
    Now here is the first interesting thing you ever wrote in this thread, I haven't actually seen this happen. However I use orbs and other CC in order to make sure adds dont get to cast their shit. If this problem is actually real, which I doubt(I'd like to see that recording) then you can probably solve it by not letting the adds reach velen to autoattack him, because then he wouldnt attack them back.

Yep, it's a known bug.
    bugs bugs bugs, actually, Mechanics.

Deleted
    Call it what you want, all tanks have to deal with this.
    Exactly, ALL tanks have to deal with these bugs, inept NPC AI, etc. That's why only tanks who had enough luck managed to complete it. You just agreed with me that this encounter is in fact bugged, making all your previous and future statements redundant. Thanks for making my point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trimon View Post
    interrupt it when he casts it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it's a failure of mechanics on part of the player doesn't mean the tank challenge isn't badly designed.

The mechanics disproportionally effect some tanks. Just as an example -

Boss HP isn't scaled to relative tank damage, aka DKs and Druids have to spend way longer doing the fight and have a lower margin for error since there will be more infernals and they have a harder time killing adds (and Paladins did, though I hear rumors that it's been lowered)
    DKs and Paladins have no gap closers so a knockback is generally immediately fatal (since most of the causes of knockbacks is trying to apply damage to eyes which typically spawn on the edges of the room)
    Some tanks are vastly better at dealing with annihilate then other

The tank challenge isn't balanced, it's arbitrarily hard for some tanks. Take the magical damage only flag off the eyes for DK and DH, scale the HP of the adds and both bosses to each tanks damage levels and make the knockback distance reduced for classes who can't just leap back onto the platform instantly. Tweak the damage sources from the boss to reflect each tank's toolkit because some can't appropriately reduce the right amounts of physical/magical damage and thus rely on gear/legendaries more then other tanks.

Again, I'm not saying it's impossible, it quite clearly is but the errors of margin for each tank spec are vastly different due to tank mechanics/balancing (which is pretty much the worst balanced third of the holy trinity) and don't really reflect what tanking is about.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.