Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    He should appeal the ruling. This man should be free.
    Not according to the Irish.

Maybe I just think our sentences are overkill in general, but 4.5 years still seems like plenty. Hell, by the time he gets out of prison, if the girl wanted, she'd be old enough to consent by that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Maybe I just think our sentences are overkill in general, but 4.5 years still seems like plenty. Hell, by the time he gets out of prison, if the girl wanted, she'd be old enough to consent by that point.
    Agreed, I'm not disputing the conviction but it does seem a little harsh. Remember, only a few short centuries ago 14 yo girls were being married off and having babies.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Agreed, I'm not disputing the conviction but it does seem a little harsh. Remember, only a few short centuries ago 14 yo girls were being married off and having babies.
    They were also treated like shit. Considered property. Did not even have the right to vote. :P

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Still happens today.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    And if he had just waited that 4.5 years beforehand...he wouldn't be going to prison now.

Though...since this all happened back in 2013 when she was 14...she will be old enough to consent sometime this year...if she isn't already.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-04-14 at 05:21 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The law says a person of that age is incapable of admitting consent, therefore the sex wasn't consensual.
    Legally consensual and realistically consensual are different things. Claiming all 14 years don't have the mental capacity to consent is naive; just as claiming that all 18 year olds do. Legally we need a line, of course, but trying to claim that because the law says she can't consent it means that in reality she can't, is a pedantic and short sighted argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Sounds like it was mutual. Dont see the outrage.
    if any dude should be free /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    You are saying yes to circular reason. That's bad!
    Any Age of Consent laws are going to be somewhat arbitrary by nature. Just like Voting Age, Drinking Age, Enlistment Age, etc.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

He should've gotten a harsher sentence.

I'm 35 myself, and can't fathom the degree of degeneration required for a man near my age to want to sleep with a girl he knows is still a minor.

"I can't imagine myself doing that" is not a good legal argument.
    Not saying it is. Just saying I don't understand how degenerates think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The law says a person of that age is incapable of admitting consent, therefore the sex wasn't consensual.
    wait... that wasn't in the Tea video... so now someone else can decide whether or not I want tea?

"I can't imagine myself doing that" is not a good legal argument.
    Neither is "Yeah but she wanted it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    wait... that wasn't in the Tea video... so now someone else can decide whether or not I want tea?
    No, you can decide you want tea...but legally nobody can serve you tea.

a god damn pedophile is in prison, whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    From the exact link you posted:

The guy lied about his age and then he lied about ceasing contact with the girl, beyond the fact that she is unable to give legal consent due to her age the man was clearly being dishonest to both the girl and her father.
    Isn't that saying he lied to the father? Which obviously he would. I don't know how he could lie to the daughter, you can see from the picture he's not passing for anything under 30.

The fact that they continued the relationship obviously implies she's still participating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I will go with what the law is in the US States. Good enough for me. 14 is certainly too young. In some states, I think as young as 16 can be the legal age of sexual penetration. Some states it is 18. But no way is 14. But I have not looked those up for while, so my memory may be foggy.

But I guess personally if we decide a person is not a adult until age 18, then that is the age it should be. But some states I know have laws which have exceptions if the two involved are also under age. As in two 17 year olds having sex. But in none is a 34 year old fart having sex with a 14 year old going to be ok. :P
    So if you have consensual sex with a 16 year old girl in Massachusetts where the age is 16, then move to California where it's 18... were you retroactively sexually abusing her?

P.S. In the US the range is 16-18 generally, but many states have exceptions which Americans seem to refer to as "Romeo and Juliet laws" (based on a popular misconception about them) which can lower the age below that based on the age gap between participants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well, that can be a good argument.
    Not with statutory rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alberta...case-1.3367070

Seriously? Only 4.5 years for this?
    What's going on with these short sentences!
    If it was a woman there would have been no sentence...
    Or maybe a few months probation.
    If she got pregnant while raping a boy, he would have had to pay alimony too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So if you have consensual sex with a 16 year old girl in Massachusetts where the age is 16, then move to California where it's 18... were you retroactively sexually abusing her?
    Did you not know that consensual sex can be turned into rape years later by a woman, if she wants...
    Funny how that goes.
    (oh and when you are both drunk it is always the male that raped the woman, not the other way around, just so we're clear)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

P.S. In the US the range is 16-18 generally, but many states have exceptions which Americans seem to refer to as "Romeo and Juliet laws" (based on a popular misconception about them) which can lower the age below that based on the age gap between participants.
    No, because I would have committed the act while in Mass. duh.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot say for sure. Has it worked for him?

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly disagree with setting the age of consent so high. Sometimes i think degenerates have made the law, but, i remind myself we are all human.
    He was sentenced to 4.5 years in prison. I would say it did not work for him. :P

You can disagree until your face turns red, not going to change what the law is. And why would degenerates set the law what you think is too high? If anything, they would want to lower it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    a god damn pedophile is in prison, whats the problem?
    Pedophilia cuts off at 13.
    Just to make this part a bit clear, what we looking at would be likely a case of Hebephilia. There's a difference, a significant one.

People wondering about the sentencing.
    Yeah, well, understandable for one thing.. But then, on the other hand.
    Rehabilitation is the primary goal in most modern countries, and I would think Canada being one of them.
    We simply don't approach crimes with the mindset of retribution and incapacitating being the most important parts.
    We instead try to correct the person that wronged, try to rehabilitate them to become normal members of the society again.
    Against narrow minded belief, people do not repeat crimes if handled properly.
    Locking someone up forever is the sure path to a lifelong career as criminal and a costly one for the society on top.
    So, 4.5 years might sound low, but might just be enough to get the guy back on the right track. I assume he will receive psychological support as well while imprisoned.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    No, you can decide you want tea...but legally nobody can serve you tea.
    Not entirely true. She could have been served tea by another person her age. Granted I may be rusty on my AoC laws, but typically two minors can fuck their brains out when they're both under the AoC and its perfectly legal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.