Thread: Frost in 7.2.5

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost in 7.2.5

I made this thread in the class development.

Feel free to add your opinions to maybe get a dev response on the matter.

EDIT:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-2
    Last edited by Mcpenco1234; 2017-04-14 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    You didn't post anything, and I assume you're talking about a thread you posted on the official forums, but let me guess: Frost is dead and you're unsubbing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    You didn't post anything, and I assume you're talking about a thread you posted on the official forums, but let me guess: Frost is dead and you're unsubbing?
    No it's about the fact that Fire was the best at the start of the xpac and then everyone switched to frost and now they nerfed frost pretty harshly.

Try not to open conversations by being a jerk. Also save your time responding to me because I'm putting you on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    Lol, you don't even deserve a response, but I will do it anyways.

At the start of the expansion, blizzard forced all the mages the play fire. That being said, everyone was putting their AP in fire and farming leggos for that spec.

Since 7.1.5, frost is the only viable spec for mythic raiding, fire (even with BiS) and arcane are TERRIBLE. I have played fire since the start until about 1 month and a half ago, going all in frost and putting all AP in there. If blizzard is going to make frost the least viable spec by nerfing it and buffing the 2 other specs, they are just retarded.

After 8 legendaries, i finally have the BiS for 1 spec. Anyways, I already made a post on the forums, you are more than welcome to read it.

I don't really think I'd freak out yet but it is hilarious how before legion launched they specifically used the example of "If fire mage is the best we won't make it the worst we will just bring the other specs up to par" a few months later and the exact scenario of fire being the best mage spec and then getting nerfed while the other two get buffed until the other two specs are simply better has occurred. They did exactly what they said they wouldn't do. So yeah be scared. They're probably going to waste a lot of your farming efforts a few more times this expansion and cause you to need to reroll to another spec and farm more AP and oranges.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-04-14 at 01:16 AM.

Rip frost....remember how everyone said we shouldnt freak out about the fire nerfs? Yea fire mages are literally worst dps class in the game right now. On the bright side I dont have to worry about farming more frost legendaries since all 3 specs will be shit now!

what is even the point of playing a mage in this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    I ask myself that every day. The one xpac I give up my long-time Rogue and Rogues are blazing good.

I don't ever remember so many wild swings in optimal mage specs within an expansion before, much less in one with the most restriction in doing so.

im just curious as to how there is zero thing posted in regards to fire changes yet blizz is pretty harshly nerfing frost. Even with the buffs to spell damage i doubt it will even be competitive without the current TV build.

I guess there goal is to have all 3 mages specs at the same level on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I ask myself that every day. The one xpac I give up my long-time Rogue and Rogues are blazing good.
    So good 2 specs need major reworks mid expansion

Quote Originally Posted by benvr4 View Post
    im just curious as to how there is zero thing posted in regards to fire changes yet blizz is pretty harshly nerfing frost. Even with the buffs to spell damage i doubt it will even be competitive without the current TV build.

I guess there goal is to have all 3 mages specs at the same level on the bottom.
    Based on Blizzard's track record that is usually the case. Every expansion Mage starts strong, but then they start making bad design decisions and they don't understand how to properly balance Mage. One spec will be really good, Fire, then nerf it to make another spec good, Frost, then nerf that to make the other spec good, Arcane, then all three become mediocre.

For all the people who think Blizzard favors Mage class, the harsh reality is that Mage is the hardest class for them to balance cause EVERY FRIGGIN expansion they just can't balance the spec. It either does WAY too much damage or it has the absolute worst damage.

Class Fantasy is Blizzards MO this expansion. Class fantasy to me is the Mage is the strongest caster type class, able to cast powerful, and destructive spells, and yet Blizzard keeps making it harder and harder to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnork58 View Post

Class Fantasy is Blizzards MO this expansion. Class fantasy to me is the Mage is the strongest caster type class, able to cast powerful, and destructive spells, and yet Blizzard keeps making it harder and harder to do.
    You aint casting as a mage, instant spells should hit like a wet noodle as they do atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    You aint casting as a mage, instant spells should hit like a wet noodle as they do atm.
    so melee should hit like a wet noodle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    so melee should hit like a wet noodle as well?
    Builders/fillers yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    What are we if not slaves to this torment? (c)

Builders/fillers yes.
    Procs aren't the same as normal instant cast spells though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No it's about the fact that Fire was the best at the start of the xpac and then everyone switched to frost and now they nerfed frost pretty harshly.
    Ugh, the moment I got my bis Fire legendaries it got nerfed to the ground and know when I'm on my way of getting my Frost bis legendaries ( Got the hand already ) it is about to take the same treatment as Fire
    Don't even get me started on the amount of AP I got poured into it ever since 7.2 hit

;_______________________;

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Procs aren't the same as normal instant cast spells though.
    Yes but I think we all agree if I say that everyone will be happy if melee hit like a wet noodle also or well, their finishing moves hit like our pyro.

Deleted
    Yes but I think we all agree if I say that everyone will be happy if melee hit like a wet noodle also or well, their finishing moves hit like our pyro.
    tbh i would be more happy if all the encounters wasnt a loot pinhata for melee.