Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    At least he wasn't literally a NELF Priest that you give plate armor to and magically turns into a Paladin.

TIL: Just give a Priest some plate armor and a sword and they automatically turn into holy warriors.
    In lore, night elf priests basically ARE paladins. They are trained to wear heavy armor and fight with melee weapons and bows, its just not shown in game really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    In lore, night elf priests basically ARE paladins. They are trained to wear heavy armor and fight with melee weapons and bows, its just not shown in game really.
    Imagine if it were true.

"Here Pope, wear this GI gear and become Rambo because your holy game is so high!"
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    In the same manner Paladins get no Dwarf followers despite them being one of the 2 original races that joined the Silver Hand...

Is that sarcasm or? Cuz from what I checked on the follower tab (my mage isn't levelled yet) he gives +40% success chance to everything?
    I should have written "IMHO".

Akazamzarak's ability will provide you with Lucky Rabbit's Foots, that's your typical +20% success buff, obv it's less than 40%, but you can stack it (up to +60%), and you can use these items on any mission.

+40% on one mission sounds cool, but that's a bit too much and quite restricted for my liking, I rarely get less than 180+% success chance on my gold, raid and rep missions.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-04-14 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for Thrall to show up at the Maelstrom with Magatha standing there. It's going to be one hell of a smack down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Demon Hunter was pretty boring for me. I now there's not a lot of established in-game lore for them, but we got a naga. I think she has a name but I'm not sure. I don't know if she existed in the game before this patch. The quest was really boring and very buggy.
    She was the Naga leader in the DH starting questline. Which makes sense as she was the only member from that sequence that hadn't been recruited or killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    How can you defend the paladin one? Yeah, the ghost of a night elf who betrayed his people for the Legion just SCREAMS paladin to me!

It's irredeemably fucking stupid. Kanrethad is up there with him.
    I wanted Dezco. T_T Also, I want Aponi to be a bodyguard.

When I did the demon hunter one and saw Vandel I got so excited. And then we just leave him on Mardum. Lady Sstheno is ok but why couldnt we have Vandel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck does Lillian Voss follow me, an undead, without a fucking word about it? She hates the undead. Including herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra View Post
    I really don't like Magatha. She's untrustworthy, sneaky, dishonorable. I don'T want her anywhere near my class hall. Also, the shaman class mount looks idiotic. I was hoping for something cool, and instead we get a stupid-looking elemental with a saddle on it's back. Ugh. Too bad that shaman is my current favourite class.

/end whine.
    I love the Tauren more than any other race in the game. Anything Tauren > anything not Tauren for me. Highmountain is my favorite Legion zone, Sunwalkers are my favorite Paladins and Priests, TB is my favorite city, etc... At least half of my toons are Tauren and I have every class + an extra Hunter. I'd probably have a Tauren Mage if I could. Though, if the lore goes the way I think it will, I suspect Warlocks will be available for them in the near future.

The point of all of that?

I love Magatha for every reason you don't like her; she defies the Tauren stereotype while also encompassing it. She's not evil; she just knows what she wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. She cares for her tribe as much as Baine cares for his, but she has a different set of standards that she expects them to meet. She's conniving, she's cutthroat, she's ambitious, she's ruthless, she's wicked, she's a mastermind, and she proves that you don't have to be some strong, young bull to be one of the most powerful people on the planet. And she's a much more wonderful character for all of it.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-04-14 at 06:12 AM.

Magatha is just awful and so is the whole killing your allies thing the DKs did again. Overall the whole thing seems to be hit and miss..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I dont understand why there isnt a Night Elf priest follower, one of the more iconic races for priests.
    Instead we get some Banshee that is Priest trainer in Undercity...

Much better champion than Magatha would be Torunscar. He was key factor in getting Therazane's favor, and he was the one who was negotiating with her, he was also master mind of Eathen Ring in Twilight Highlands, giving orders and managing people. Very competent minor NPC, also a Darkspear Troll.

The problem was that in Hour of Twilight he was shown to be kicked by either tentacklee or buried under avalanche. But it could be easily retconned considering that Vanessa Van Cleef made it. He was eathcaller, he could easily defend himself from avalanche, and if he was made flying, he is a troll, he could break his legs on the fall, but it regenerated itself.

It is a wonder that face of shamans is Nobundo when I can't even recall any big achievements he could possibly have, and not this guy. But I believe he would be much less cringe worthy choice for champion, because he proved to be truly a champ.

If not him, then his partner from Deepholme Norsala. She had unique voice actress too.

Considering that Darkspeard were shafted really hard with killing of Vol'Jin, giving back Torunscar would by little margin compensate that loss. As at least we would have some decent minor competent NPC, similar to NAzgrim and Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

I love Magatha for every reason you don't like her; she defies the Tauren stereotype while also encompassing it. She's not evil; she just knows what she wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. She cares for her tribe as much as Baine cares for his, but she has a different set of standards that she expects them to meet. She's conniving, she's cutthroat, she's ambitious, she's ruthless, she's wicked, she's a mastermind, and she proves that you don't have to be some strong, young bull to be one of the most powerful people on the planet. And she's a much more wonderful character for all of it.
    Oh I agree with you, MAgatha is good character because of the reasons you wrote, but it's not a good figure for a champion for class hall, where are plenty of angry Bloodhoof Tauren who might want to setttle some unfinished business with her.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-04-14 at 09:34 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Oh I agree with you, MAgatha is good character because of the reasons you wrote, but it's not a good figure for a champion for class hall, where are plenty of angry Bloodhoof Tauren who might want to setttle some unfinished business with her.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. That's why I use her as my bodyguard; so she's never out of my sight. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I actually like Magatha. All shamans are goodie goodie guys, sometimes slightly savage or ruthless, but in the end good guys. Magatha is unlike any other shaman in the class hall, she is egoistic and bitchy. Feels fresh.

And I don't really care she killed Cairne because I play alliance :P Oh and I don't get why she is resto when she doesn't use a single healing spell and during the campaign says that water is the weakest of the elements.

Btw I thought mages get that goblin from the Dalaran plaza? Or is he a bonus follower or something?

Shes also a murderer that broke an honorable tradition. You dont have to play horde to hate Magatha. I play alliance too and i hate her because she literally set into motion everything we are dealing with. If she didnt poison Cairne via Garroshs weapon, he would have killed Garrosh and that would be the end. Instead, Garrosh lived and went off to commit henious crimes, he ended up going back to alternate Draenor where he set Gul'dans newfounded fate back into motion. Garrosh then came back to current azeroth to unleash the hell that he failed at the first time.

Magatha is quite certainly the sole reason for the last 3 expansions.

Deleted
    So far I have experienced Aethas and Kanrethad. I'm fine with both and the quests were quite enjoyable too.

Well, if we don't count the part where Aethas was so weak he let himself be imprisoned by a harpy and some random elven mage had to save him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Aethas is a traitor to his own people and a Kirin Tor bootlick. I'll be deactivating that twat and replacing him with the goblin.

As for the ones I've tried...

Made sense: Demon Hunter, Death Knight

Kinda made sense: Paladin (Both of them. Though Maximillian is clearly a joke follower), Hunter

Made no goddamn sense: Warrior (Crowley came out of nowhere, it's nice not to have a vrykul, I get it. But his sudden appearance felt so random).

Pissed me off: Kanrethad. All the wipes on this guy back in MoP made me quit my warlock, I hate him. Would rather have enslaved him in his demon form.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-04-14 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Made no goddamn sense: Warrior (Crowley came out of nowhere, it's nice not to have a vrykul, I get it. But his sudden appearance felt so random).
    I felt the same way when I got to it on my warrior. I was expecting someone dead or another vrykul or maybe even a val'kyr like Hyrja. Also, unless I'm mistaken, they changed Crowley's voice actor for Legion, and it saddens me.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Very disappointed with the Monk one. It's basically just another random nobody who never existed before the questline, just like the 3 other champions you rescue back in Stormheim. Who I would have prefered to see in her place would be the Hidden Master, the Jade Witch (or her husband), or even Brother Korloff (a fiery human monk from SM).

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer - Michael Corleone

Norbundo was right its better to have her around to keep an eye on her than to have her scuttling around getting up to god knows what and drinking the demons special brew like her bloodtotem cousins did!

I mean do we really want a fel infused Magatha and a fel infused grimtotem tribe?

All i say is when this is done and dusted i hope Thrall asks for his doomhammer back so he can smash her fucking brains in at the celebration party!
    Yeah, he's not taking my Doomhammer as long as I have anything to say about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I love the Tauren more than any other race in the game. Anything Tauren > anything not Tauren for me. Highmountain is my favorite Legion zone, Sunwalkers are my favorite Paladins and Priests, TB is my favorite city, etc... At least half of my toons are Tauren and I have every class + an extra Hunter. I'd probably have a Tauren Mage if I could. Though, if the lore goes the way I think it will, I suspect Warlocks will be available for them in the near future.

The point of all of that?

Ok, so, I don't hold the same reverence as you do to taurens, clearly. I don't have any problem with them, and will be the first one to admit that I like Cairne, Dezco, and Hamuul, but I am with the Draenei. That being said, I want to just examine what you're saying here a little.

Regarding Magatha:

1. "she defies the Tauren stereotype while also encompassing it." I think this requires a little elaboration on how one can be the antithesis of two opposing things at the same time.

2. "She's not evil;" I'm sorry. Poisoning someone is an act of evil. And she interfered with a Mak'Gorah. Remember the last shaman that cheated in a Mak'Gorah? I do. I have his hammer. See, what I don't understand, why does she still have powers at all? She should be as impotent as Thrall is right now, for the exact same reason.

3. "she just knows what she wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it." - Well, that would suggest she's Lawful Evil.

4. "She cares for her tribe as much as Baine cares for his" - You know, even a monster loves something. Josef Stalin was a monster, but he had a couple of nieces he treated like gold. They would not be of the same opinion.

5. "but she has a different set of standards that she expects them to meet" - Well, it seems the same is true of assassin guilds, the Sith rule of two, and tyrants in general. It is that whole "different set of standards" that tends to deviate from good.

6. "She's conniving" - def. given to or involved in conspiring to do something immoral, illegal, or harmful: So, you just said she isn't evil. Being a conspirator to any of those things makes her evil.

7. "she's cutthroat" this is a particular act that isn't even becoming of an antihero.

8. "she's ambitious" this only holds merit to hard work and good ethic, which seems to be a character flaw of Magatha.

9. "she's ruthless" so... evil. Got it.

10. "she's wicked" you just said she is not evil, and then describe her as wicked. How ironic....

11. "she's a mastermind" precisely why I don't want her in my class order hall, and if I could, I would challenge her to a Mak'gorah.

12. "and she proves that you don't have to be some strong, young bull to be one of the most powerful people on the planet." Magatha is not powerful. She's a tool. She derives her power from an object I confiscated from her. I can assure you, without that instrument, any shaman worth half a shit could destroy her.

13. "And she's a much more wonderful character for all of it" - A rather indefensible position. A wonderful villain, if not for the fact that everyone knows her game. I personally am not fond of the idea of my class hall harboring a fugitive of the tauren. As I said, I have no grievances against the Thunder Totem and Thunder Bluff Tauren. From a story position, this would not bode well with the taurens in general, though, and the very idea of keeping my friends close and my enemies closer is exactly why Cairne is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    Shes also a murderer that broke an honorable tradition. You dont have to play horde to hate Magatha. I play alliance too and i hate her because she literally set into motion everything we are dealing with. If she didnt poison Cairne via Garroshs weapon, he would have killed Garrosh and that would be the end. Instead, Garrosh lived and went off to commit henious crimes, he ended up going back to alternate Draenor where he set Gul'dans newfounded fate back into motion. Garrosh then came back to current azeroth to unleash the hell that he failed at the first time.

Magatha is quite certainly the sole reason for the last 3 expansions.
    To be perfectly honest, I was hoping the Alliance would have gotten Erunak. He would have been a resto shaman too, just like Magatha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Aethas is a traitor to his own people and a Kirin Tor bootlick. I'll be deactivating that twat and replacing him with the goblin.

As for the ones I've tried...

Made sense: Demon Hunter, Death Knight

Kinda made sense: Paladin (Both of them. Though Maximillian is clearly a joke follower), Hunter

Pissed me off: Kanrethad. All the wipes on this guy back in MoP made me quit my warlock, I hate him. Would rather have enslaved him in his demon form.
    Kanrethad is a perfect example of what happens when you crave too much power. Imagine for a moment being blamed for anything while you were under the control, the literal full motion control by some other force, and once that force was either defeated, exorcised, or driven out, how that might make you feel to be blamed for the occurrences, and not given a chance to set matters right? Jubeka could have just as easily let us kill him, but even she knew, he was possessed, and he made her promise, if things got too far out of hand, to banish him.

But now that he's here, what I don't understand is, why is he an Affliction Warlock. He's clearly Demonology.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the priest one is "meh". I enjoyed the quest, but, really... underwhelming.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I liked Maximilian but I hated Nerus.

Some random guy that betrayed his family to the legion and suddenly became a Paladin for reasons.

I was so happy to get an undead Nightelf Paladin .............not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Monk one isn't tied to any overarching storyline, except that Stormstout Brewery is now supplying Monks with Storm Brew. Stormstout Brewery gets invaded and the brew gets fel-tainted, and so you have to cleanse out the Brewery then stop demons from making Fel Storm Brew in Broken Shore.

Overall it was really corny (just like the Monk campaign in general) but good. Honestly the Legion seems more like Saturday morning cartoon villains where their entire goal is to keep Monks sober.

The follower herself isn't any famous Monk, she's just a Monk that shows up at the end to help you.
    Hahaha, I said the exact same thing. *Of all the places the Legion could be attacking they attack a Brewery"
    "