Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    904 mm hunter
    Legendaries: Mk II gloves and Snow feather boots
    4set Night Hold

Save your lust, potions and CDS for phase 3 or make sure that they are lined up for phase 3.
    I found that ignoring the hands and only interrupting them in phase 3,having a concussive shot macro for the warrior to be by far the easiest method in completing the challenge. Switching target as MM with how mechanically broken class is takes a lot of dps away so dont bother dpsing any of the adds in phase 3, put everything on the mage brother. You should only have 1 hand up which gives you enought time to burst down the mage b4 the other spawns , worst case scenario you can dps the hand down if need be.

The idea is to put as much DPS on the mage brother as possible, especially in phase 3. Ignored the adds, keep the warrior slowed/trapped/stunned and silence the hand. You should at this point have enough time to burst through the 20million remaining HP at this point. You only have to kill him in order to get credit which is immediately awarded , after he dies the warrior/hands or adds killing you wont matter.
    Good luck

A video of my approach as Marksmanship, item level 903:

I would post my kill but mmochamp isnt letting me since I just registered my account. I did s2m zerg in first phase. Probably only doable if you have the ilvl but it was way easier and more fun than doing all the phases.. at least i felt that way after wiping 30+ times going to phase 3 I said fuck it and went zerg strat got it in 10 attempts. Had a few wipes where boss was at 1% then went immune again and a few wipes where I didn't transition well enough to the boss and lost my insanity.

youtube . com / watch?v=DWS3zKA6HVs

whelp , finaly beat the Aff challange, felt relieved instead of satisfied, the only satisfaction i got is that i cheesed the HELL out of it to beat it, without ring.

Problem is, at freakin 909 equiped 13.5k Mastery going WiA / AC / SL / SE, my dots by themselves will only do something like 3-400k dps, on a 60M HP mob... while if i could just stand still i can burst well over a million and sustain double the SE dps... multidot my !@#, Aff is for all intents and pourpouses an ARMS WARRIOR right now, just repalce collosus window with UA window and yeah... arms warrior.

Tip 1, skip phase 1. Fight is STILL not fixed, pet can tank him in phase 1 (cripple still only lasts 4 seconds).

Tip 2 Try, to do your best to blow the voidlings on top of karam, this REALY cuts down chase 2 and 3. When Raest is active and summon voidlings, agony / SL the big ones , throw a seed into the pack. Herd the 3 packs together. When karam is back up, try and kite him through the voidling pack. Cripple, spam Seed, this should blow up ~15 Voidlings with SF on his face.

Tip 3 Circle is useless , run Coil. Coil and Cripple are NOT for kiting. With BR and gateway you should be able to keep up to about 15 stacks easily so don't just randomly use your CC. Use them as a DPS cooldowns for the hands. Hand 1 you can pretty much dot up freely UA as he's still relatively slow, Hand 2 Coil, Hand 3 Cripple then just alternate. 90% of what i died to is grasp from beyond, either because i couldn't get UA into it to kill it (you'll need 2-3 UA + Dots to get it down) or because between kiting voids, kiting Karam, runes, maitaining 2-3-4 sets of dots a cast just... snuck it. I'd be like "this is going so go.... SPLAT - WTH killed me...?" I recomend an Airhorn Weak Aura

Tip 4 Controll your ti.. pet. The pet can Abosorb the runes if you command him to stand on them (Wich i'm pretty sure is another bug but hey...). Probably the most important part, if nothing else, remember this, as runes may spawn in a pack of voidlings or karam may just be to fast toward the end for you to park your fat $%^ for 3 seconds and soak.

Overall the fight is buggy as hell and for warlock at least it was clearly designed to just go full Dot build and run around. Unfortunately affliction being the premium multidot spec in game.... does dot dps embarasing for ilvl 880, nwm 905+. It's doable but it's just a gear check / cheese fight.
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2017-04-14 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished it on my aff lock 902 equipped w/ both rings (sarcolash+sephuz), MG/AC/DC/StS/BR/GoSup/SC

Some tips that may help people:
    1) Frostweave nets work!!
    2) Fear for an early Sephuz proc (if you have it)
    3) Right before the adds come out you will see a circle on the ground this is where they will spawn, move so the boss is between you and the adds.
    4) If you miss a rune don't panic you can banish it.
    5) The macro provided by Qrtron is awesome since you want to switch asap I added a single line to it which provides an extremely useful benefit. Since our pet needs to be in range to interupt it, it will target the Hand and tell it to attack which will cause the pet to stop what its doing and run to range of the add if not already there. This way when the precious time comes to silence the add your pet doesn't have to run over it's already there.
    /target Karam
    /target [exists] Hand from Beyond
    /petattack

GL guys I did feel a sense of accomplishment when I finished this, reminded me of Dark Souls the first time I killed the 4 Kings

GL/HF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faytel View Post
    Just finished it on my aff lock 902 equipped w/ both rings (sarcolash+sephuz), MG/AC/DC/StS/BR/GoSup/SC

Some tips that may help people:
    1) Frostweave nets work!!
    2) Fear for an early Sephuz proc (if you have it)
    3) Right before the adds come out you will see a circle on the ground this is where they will spawn, move so the boss is between you and the adds.
    4) If you miss a rune don't panic you can banish it.
    5) The macro provided by Qrtron is awesome since you want to switch asap I added a single line to it which provides an extremely useful benefit. Since our pet needs to be in range to interupt it, it will target the Hand and tell it to attack which will cause the pet to stop what its doing and run to range of the add if not already there. This way when the precious time comes to silence the add your pet doesn't have to run over it's already there.
    /target Karam
    /target [exists] Hand from Beyond
    /petattack

GL guys I did feel a sense of accomplishment when I finished this, reminded me of Dark Souls the first time I killed the 4 Kings

GL/HF!!
    Frostweave nets? how long does the CC last? Does it work like CC abilities as in they count as PvP abilities?

I have completed the challenge as a 902 ilvl shadow priest today. Took 2 tries after I realized you can use drums (and around 20 before that).
    The build I used was ToF\BoS\MB\LI\AS\Misery\LoTV. Legendaries I used were Twins & Sephuz (mainly because of the crit they provide). Trinkets were Erratic Metronome and Chronoshard.

Some tips:
    1. Kite Karam on the outer ring as much as you can. Just make sure that by the time he is at around 45% you are kiting him back to the middle (you can actually bug the encounter and have arms spawning ahead of the big hole, which is a bad thing).
    2. Use drums after you beat up Karam the second time and focus the adds & Raest. Adds should die if you have drums up and this will make soaking runes much much easier.
    3. Hand timer is 30 seconds. Your mindbomb has a 30 seconds cooldown. Optimize this - you want to have some free time dpsing the hand by stunning everything so you can actually hit it.
    4. You can usually soak hand hits with shield and VT shield if you dont have silence or dispersion up. However, this sometimes 1shot me even though i had both up (as our VT shield is weaker nowadays). I had 3,5mil HP and took 40k overkills. Try to avoid having to do that (it is worth mentioning that the hand can be killed before the cast is finished if you have sephuz+drums).
    5. Try to time your voidbolt spam so you can use it on the hand, and void eruption to help out with aoe on adds a bit.

Good luck!

Deleted
    906 SP here, had about 10 tries with the LotV build, then 1-shot it with StM, you should really go for that, it´s so much easier! Basically you just have to kill 2 hands and then burn the hell out of the boss. P1 gets quite a bit harder without SL/LotV but I have Sephuz which makes it good to play. I recommend Viklunds guide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Frostweave nets? how long does the CC last? Does it work like CC abilities as in they count as PvP abilities?
    The root is for 3 seconds on a 1 min cooldown works like it does on mobs and in unrated pvp and does not trigger sephuz. Helped me w/ the last ~10 million of boss, net>>port plenty of distance between Karam n myself and I just nuked boss.

MM hunter equipped gear ilvl 897. 4 set + Ullr's and Zevrims. Artifact trait at 43.

Lone wolf, Lock and load, Posthaste, Patient Sniper, Binding Shot, A Murder of Crows, and Piercing Shot.

I used drums and popped all cool downs on p1. Burned Raest to 60 percent. Used the concussive macro to keep K slowed: /cast [target=focus] Concussive Shot (make sure to set as focus).

I used the outer pool to orbit on p1. Then the inner on p2. I had to stand in two total summoning runes. Towards the end it was cd management as I was taking damage.

As affliction you can cheese it, stand on top of the meelee add, and as he turns to hit you use a infernal to taunt him, then make sure to not rip aggro off of your infernal. Once he reaches 21.5 million hp he will start to phase, you can then deathcoil right before he starts his casting animation this will cause the boss to keep hitting your infernal, allowing you to skip phase two. Next blow up raest, and collect your reward, you wont have to deal with the portal things that one shot you as they wont spawn, and may have to just deal with the adds Raest summons, and the occasional summoning platform that you have to stand on. - found it on a reddit post though I cant link it as i'm a new member.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshoo View Post
    As affliction you can cheese it, stand on top of the meelee add, and as he turns to hit you use a infernal to taunt him, then make sure to not rip aggro off of your infernal. Once he reaches 21.5 million hp he will start to phase, you can then deathcoil right before he starts his casting animation this will cause the boss to keep hitting your infernal, allowing you to skip phase two. Next blow up raest, and collect your reward, you wont have to deal with the portal things that one shot you as they wont spawn, and may have to just deal with the adds Raest summons, and the occasional summoning platform that you have to stand on. - found it on a reddit post though I cant link it as i'm a new member.
    He seems to just break deathcoil everytime to cast purgatory. Can you paste the reddit link with spaces or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    He seems to just break deathcoil everytime to cast purgatory. Can you paste the reddit link with spaces or something?
    .reddit.com/r/wow/comments/65blec/for_afflicion_lock_who_dont_have_sacrolashbaston/

- - - Updated - - -

.twitch.tv/videos/133751229

I beat this earlier as a warlock without the legendary rings or portal pants. 902 ilvl with the Hood of Disdain and Prydaz, and the Nighthold 4 set. I have the new golden trait + another rank in perdition.

I took Writhe in Agony, AC, Mortal Coil, Siphon Life, Burning Rush, Supremacy, and Soul Effigy.

I used Bear Tartare for food.

I made macros to slow and fear Karam with mortal coil/my doomguard without manually targeting him.

On pull, I prepotted with Deadly Grace as the burst damage while the boss is slow is very valuable to beat the DPS check of phase 1 with no adds to kill for stacks of consumption. I started out using drums to get past this part, but as I got more familiar with the fight, I realized I didn't need to anymore.

You want to maintain all your dots on both the boss and your effigy and stay in range of both. Use your macros for mortal coil and Cripple when they come up and dump UAs into him. On my successful kill, I used my healthstone here to heal through the burning rush damage. The slow pools don't matter for a warlock, as I found. Just let them drop anywhere.

In the intermission, I spammed agony and siphon life on everything and used seed once after all the adds were grouped up. When the timer for purgatory got to zero, I immediately switched to Karam and unloaded all my UAs, then instant cast dots on him and my effigy. Adds started to die and procced Wrath and Bear Tartare, and I really want to town on him here and got only one hand. I slowed him with my doomguard and unloaded 3 UAs into the hand, and it melted, then I phased the boss again shortly after.

Same strategy for 2nd intermission. I ignored the caster boss and focused on dotting adds and standing on runes.

When Karam became active again, I used drums and Prolonged Power. Adds died and gave me stacks, and I burned him down with only 1 hand and 1 rune spawning. I used mortal coil and cripple to keep him off me while I dealt with those.

After Karam died, the other adds and the caster brother were pushovers. Raest barely did any damage. He spawned one more set of adds and a couple more runes, and I don't think my health pool moved for the entire final phase even with him having an enrage buff. Focus everything on killing hands and Karam and you will have this in the bag.

Help for fellow Affliction without legendary Ring

You can add this video of my kill for my fellow Affliciton warlocks without the corruption ring !!
    youtu.be/4P-5BJhULFI

"This is my kill of the Affliction Warlock artifact challenge without the legendary ring Sacrolash's Dark Strike which make this fight so much easier.
    Item level: 900
    Talents: Writhe in Agony, Absolute Corruption, Mortal Coil, Siphon Life, Burning Rush, Grimoire of Supremacy, Soul Effigy 2221211
    Legendaries: Sephuz's Secret, Pillars of the Dark Portal

P1: Refresh dots when you're running and try to stay around your effigy don't go too far away. Use Cripple (Doomguard slow) when you can dump some Unstable Afflictions, Use your Mortal coil for the same reason or in case he reaches you. If you don't have the pants, place your gateway before pulling. The goal here is too burn him as fast as you can otherwise he will just outrun you.

P2: Try to kite the little adds the farther you can from Karam and focus on putting your Corruption on all of em with Seed of corruption, save your reap souls and shards for p3.

P3: you want to burn Karam as fast as possible and keep your Cripples and Mortal coil just before the Hand from beyond spawns. By doing that it gives you free time to cast UA's on the eye and on Karam. Kite Karam like you did in P1, make good use of your gateway to drop more UA's on Karam.

P4: Same thing as P2 but you can put your pet on the runes that spawn, you will see a blue explosion when the rune is fully soaked, watch out here because for some reasons I lost my pet a couple times while doing this, so if you can soak by yourself do it, it's just safer.

P5: Same thing as other phases you want to burn Karam as fast as possible so use Lust 2nd pot here, keep your cripples and Mortal coils just before a Hand spawn so you can dump your UA's safely, dont forget to place your pet on the runes that spawn.

When Karam dies it's basicly GG just kill every adds left and don't forget to soak runes and GG."

Deleted
    still extremely buggy with Raest teleporting to you randomly and falling under terrain. Will not attempt for the third time until fixed. 7.2 is one hell of a mess.

Deleted

Balance Druid Artifact Challenge Guide

I made a quick challenge guide for Boomkins, I used the chest and neck legendaries as this is my offspec and I have no boomkin specific ones but the chest paired with feral affinity made this much easier for me as kiting the adds became less troublesome!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshoo View Post
    .reddit.com/r/wow/comments/65blec/for_afflicion_lock_who_dont_have_sacrolashbaston/

- - - Updated - - -

.twitch.tv/videos/133751229
    Thanks, it worked out nicely.

Deleted
    How do you deal with hands as boomkin? The first is easy but the 2nd seem to spawn out of range plenty of times so i need to find it and then kill it within 6 seconds.
    When I have no starsurge procs and have to spend starfall on kiting it just oneshots me.

Deleted
    Did this as MM last reset with 896, 2 set and maybe 38/39 traits.

went with lone wolf - LNL - post haste - binding shot - veteran Sniper - AMoC - Trick Shot.

Legs were belt + helm ( you can FD, it heals but doesn't reset aggro on anything or alter encounter ).

P1 id kite him around narnia and the outside to make sure all the slow pools are of no issue later on, about 17.5/18 million he transitions so id normally get him to this phase around the water area.

P2 pop drums , TS and go nuts on the mage guy, burn as hard as possible, binding shot the adds so they stay near the boss and you should be able to drop the first 2 packs without having to move much keeping aimed spam on the mage.

Next phase dps and kite as usual keeping AMoC for the hands, with bad RNG it keeps the dmg on them high so you can aimed/marked them down easy.

orbs you need to position well for, remember you need to be in it for the END of the cast not the entire duration so if adds are not too close you can run out then disengage onto it, soak it then run away. Binding and frost trap is extremely helpful in keeping the main guy and adds away from melee range, with bursting as a last resort if something escapes.

Turtle will get you through it as well though usually the 2nd more hectic one needed this, try and save it if you can. With the gear i had and only the 2 set i HAD to take 2 arcanes. Ignore dmg on anything other than hands and the mage during this phase. If adds are near boss then its great as you get some crazy high aimed shots due to belt ( if you have ) and cleave to help reset exhil.

After 2nd arcane i just went hard on mage, interrupted the hand, nuked like a king and hoped for the best.

Had a few 2-3% tries with piercing shot but RNG made it so you either got some super nice crits with piercing or i didnt feel like i had enough dps.

Will say though - 2 set and convergence makes a massive difference due to the TS cooldown resets you get, along with leggo belt for AOE. Boots would also be sick but yet to get them.

More gear and art traits will make it much easier though.