Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I took it but on further review its not worthy of a gold trait. Giving us a gold trait that helps aoe is just stupid. How about one that pumps Single target which would be way better for our class. Its like people that dont play ele make these traits. FFS In fact I can go further - Its like people that hate Elemental made this golden.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Take Healing Surge traits first.
    Its pretty mediocre as far as gold traits go, that being said it can be a significant increase on fights like tich if you're using the legendary shoulders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Its pretty mediocre as far as gold traits go, that being said it can be a significant increase on fights like tich if you're using the legendary shoulders.
    Compared to other Elemental golden traits, this is a god-sent. No reason not to take it, especially because you go up there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    tich u rarely EQ, probably just bats
    botanist no EQ
    augur no EQ
    elisande no EQ
    gul'dan no EQ

so if you're 4/10 you're already no need of seismic storm unless u wanna try do more dps on farm and less on progress.
    With the gold, wouldn't EQ be worth using on botanist/elisande and maybe guldan? I think I recall seeing some information that indicated that since EQ scales with haste and ES doesn't there could be times where EQ with Seismic was better than ES. And on 2+ targets I think EQ w/Seismic would be worth using over ES.

Though I'm not that familiar with M Elisande but on heroic I use EQ when I can land it on her and 1 or both of the adds. I guess on Mythic Bot the lashers might not live long enough to get value.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    tich u rarely EQ, probably just bats
    botanist no EQ
    augur no EQ
    elisande no EQ
    gul'dan no EQ

so if you're 4/10 you're already no need of seismic storm unless u wanna try do more dps on farm and less on progress.
    Reminds me of EN,

Blizz:"Guys, ele is really good on aoe."
    Ele Shams: "Great theres little to no AOE in the raid."

Quote Originally Posted by Targom View Post
    With the gold, wouldn't EQ be worth using on botanist/elisande and maybe guldan? I think I recall seeing some information that indicated that since EQ scales with haste and ES doesn't there could be times where EQ with Seismic was better than ES. And on 2+ targets I think EQ w/Seismic would be worth using over ES.

Though I'm not that familiar with M Elisande but on heroic I use EQ when I can land it on her and 1 or both of the adds. I guess on Mythic Bot the lashers might not live long enough to get value.
    I drop it on bot occasionally when all 3 bosses are stacked and i have to move or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I drop it on bot occasionally when all 3 bosses are stacked and i have to move or something.
    yeh thats heroic, but you still get completely dumpstered by dot classes there. if you mean mythic....whoops.

Haven't got to the bastard on Mythic yet, my least favourite fight in the raid, not looking forward to mythic.

Deleted
    Actually you use EQ on 2 targets+ now in any build (with Seismic Storm). There's even a build which lets you replace ES for EQ as spender.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2017-04-16 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    Its totally subjective to what your main end game content is focused upon.

If you raid and you know that the instance is not going to be very aoe heavy then yes its well worth taking another point in another trait no doubt.

For me however, i am now only focusing on Mythic+ content, this trait is literally the second best trait of the whole artifact for doing high level M+ where the trash is the hard part of the dungeons not the boss. Earthquake is one of the best talents period for mythic plus because of the knockdown it comes with, which can disrupt casters and other abilities and make life a hell of a lot easier for healers so you want to cast it as much as possible. Now that it has this proc attached to it, it makes it even better as on packs it will proc with regularity and do a lot of damage since you can stack EQ on top of itself.

3xEQ running on 4+ mobs is going to proc like fucking crazy.

Like i said subjective, amazing trait for some, crap for others purely content dependent.

Just be thankful that Elemental Destabilization is not a golden trait as it could quite easily be and locked at 20% instead of having the ability to get extra points with relics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    I took it but on further review its not worthy of a gold trait. Giving us a gold trait that helps aoe is just stupid. How about one that pumps Single target which would be way better for our class. Its like people that dont play ele make these traits. FFS In fact I can go further - Its like people that hate Elemental made this golden.
    Fire mages get a gold trait that makes Pheonix Flames spread to more targets...

Sounds like Shamans got an amazing gold trait, if we are going to sit here and debate on what "worthiness" a gold trait is.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-04-16 at 09:26 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Its totally subjective to what your main end game content is focused upon.
    No, max. DPS is not subjective to anything other than your primary talent build. As good Elemental you should be playing all talents anyways, depending on your needs. This topic is about wether its worth putting your point in Seismic Storm or Lava Imbued, T20 sims tell us that SS > LI here. Nothing subjective about numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Actually you use EQ on 2 targets+ now in any build (with Seismic Storm). There's even a build which lets you replace ES for EQ as spender.
    Do you know at how many targets you replace ES with EQ with legendary shoulders? havent been able to find any info on that

Quote Originally Posted by Tjamen View Post
    Do you know at how many targets you replace ES with EQ with legendary shoulders? havent been able to find any info on that
    What i had read was you always use ES with legendary shoulders. I dont know how the new gold trait effects that tho. I would hope that legendary shoulders would increase its dmg if it procs but i doubt blizz thought of that.

If you only do raids, and only do single target bosses, then of course it doesn't really do much. But for basically any other content that gives you gear, that gold trait will be worth it. Especially in Mythic+, where I get most of my upgrades these days.

But if you've done about 10 M+ since 7.2 and completed most AP WQs, you should be at or above 46 traits now, and the 47th trait is the last one to offer any sizeable DPS increase on single-target.