Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hasn't South Africa always had race issues like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Typically the slave trade argument is only really used in the US, largely because many Africans were complicit in it and they would be blaming themselves. Colonialism is the go to argument for sub-Saharan Africa.

I am not sure if colonialism is often used as an argument in South Africa though. It would be somewhat funny, as the Zulus themselves are a colonist group.
    Well, in South Africa it's the "evil" apartheid. So of course it is either slave trade, colonialism, apartheid or neocolonialism. There will always be some "reason" why their countries are absolute failures without acknowledging their own mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yes, they did. They hunt whiteys for sport since the evil apartheid is no longer there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Well, in South Africa it's the "evil" apartheid. So of course it is either slave trade, colonialism, apartheid or neocolonialism. There will always be some "reason" why their countries are absolute failures without acknowledging their own mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they did. They hunt whiteys for sport since the evil apartheid is no longer there.
    I don't think Madagascar has a reason, but then again it's basically the rain forest version of Australia rather than a desert
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

if the boers decide to fight back, this will be over in a month

dont fuck with the boers

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst the British Empire was a complete bastard in some ways, considering what has happened in Africa since we left, it is bloody amazing how we managed to control it - the groups there hate each other with a passion.

Ditto for the partition of India.

So you don't think that apartheid was evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Whilst the British Empire was a complete bastard in some ways, considering what has happened in Africa since we left, it is bloody amazing how we managed to control it - the groups there hate each other with a passion.

Ditto for the partition of India.
    Hatred for the British can unify any warring factions no matter how much they might hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Switch "South Africa" to any western civilization and "white" to "black" and you would get banned.
    Hypocrisy is not only allowed in this sense but seems to nearly be endorsed

Question is are these bandits living a life so desperate that they would end up doing stuff like this or is it because they are black and inherently violent towards good hardworking white folk? I think i know where op is heading with this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Hatred for the British can unify any warring factions no matter how much they might hate each other.
    Apart from that not happening, can you explain why hatred of the British would be a unifying cause?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean regardless of how bad South Africa was dealt with at least the Belgians didn't have control of SA, probably would have just tried to kill 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    So you don't think that apartheid was evil?
    It's amazing how the countries have gone to shit after colonialists lost control, don't you think? They kept the crazy in check.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    pretty much, I wouldn't want to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rox the sox View Post
    It's amazing how the countries have gone to shit after colonialists lost control, don't you think? They kept the crazy in check.
    Maybe if you completely ignore what life was like for black people during apartheid, then sure South Africa has gone to shit, but from any logical perspective it's always been a fucked up place to live. It's just that for a few decades a small minority of whites happened to enjoy relatively affluent lifestyles from exploiting resource wealth and cheap native labor while oppressing the shit out of everyone, a situation that was never sustainable and was bound to end sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It doesn't have a whole lot to do with racism. The old white couple probably hired a guy or two to do some work on the farm, put up a fence, paint the barn etc. The guys talked to their friends who talked to their friends who talked to the wrong guys. The wrong guys turned out to be bandits. Bandits are usually the poor people in the area who in this case happen to be black. If the poor people in the area happened to be white, the same thing could've happened.
    Poor people doesn't torture people with blowtorches...

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Poor people doesn't torture people with blowtorches...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What are you trying to convey with this visual adaptation of a fictional novel? That poor people torture people with blowtorches because they are poor?
    Last edited by mittacc; 2017-04-14 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo

B.. but slave trade!

It will work even 100 years from now, believe me.
    Well the slave trade did continue to the decline of many West African kingdoms. However Southern Africa is a different story as its always been primitive due to a lack of inter-continental and maritime trade.

With East Africa (Mogadishu, Swahili City-States) you had the Silk Road which connected it to the Mediterranean, India and China. With West Africa you had trade with the Berbers and Arabs.

And they say white people can't be victims of racism...

Holy shit that's raw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Question is are these bandits living a life so desperate that they would end up doing stuff like this or is it because they are black and inherently violent towards good hardworking white folk? I think i know where op is heading with this
    To be fair torture isn't something that helps keep you fed. While the reason isn't necessarily "OMG RACISM" it goes a long way to show that this isn't something that's motivated by not having food or a place to live, but rather hatred for those people regardless of the reason.

If it keeps up eventually it will go the way of Zimbabwe which wouldn't be pleasant for a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH NOES!!!!!!!!! WHITEY IS SCARED!!

Considering the history..... I guarantee you there is more violence against whites in Nigeria (Lagos) when compared to South Africa... there is just too much of it, that people have considered it normal. Wherever there is corruption and income inequality, and basic human needs are suppressed from the majority of the population....violence will occur. THIS IS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Everyone here should look into African Colonial History to understand the mental scar on the continent, perpetuated by upper class whites. So yeah....if I was south african in origin, I would'int give a shit what some colonizers were feeling. Especially some British couple.

For all those whiteys out there gasping at this story like it a personal violation into their sense of well being. Go suck on a lemon you pussy.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”