Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    With how timewalking turned into? Nah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I saw it was queue able with a pre-made group from the blue text. From the front page and official patch notes:

Bolded the important part here.
    It seems not to be on the LFD/LFR queue, but instead requires a pre-made group and going to a special NPC in Shat.

Here's hoping this means they learned from the MC event.
    I suspect Timewalking raids will be harder than LFR...maybe something approximating normal difficulty.

What I find interesting though is that the intent seems to be one Timewalking raid per event IF this is a success.

Wrath of the Lich King: This is a tough choice, bring back Icecrown Citadel and the fight against the Lich King or the eternal favorite that is Ulduar? I'd bet ICC.

Cataclysm: If they are wise they'd bring back Firelands, but Dragon Soul has the bigger story beats and a linear progression they may be attracted to.

Mists of Pandaria: Either Throne of Thunder or Siege of Orgrimmar. And it's an immensely tough choice either way.

Don't care about another rehashed content.

The raid currently requires a pre-made, so I expect some difficulty.

Deleted
    So its not an lfr raid after all. Kinda makes sense, since lfr is tourist mode (blizz words (kinda)) to see the raids and if u just want to see BT u might as well solo it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I suspect Timewalking raids will be harder than LFR...maybe something approximating normal difficulty.

What I find interesting though is that the intent seems to be one Timewalking raid per event IF this is a success.

Wrath of the Lich King: This is a tough choice, bring back Icecrown Citadel and the fight against the Lich King or the eternal favorite that is Ulduar? I'd bet ICC.

Cataclysm: If they are wise they'd bring back Firelands, but Dragon Soul has the bigger story beats and a linear progression they may be attracted to.

Mists of Pandaria: Either Throne of Thunder or Siege of Orgrimmar. And it's an immensely tough choice either way.
    I'd suspect this just being a big test.
    IF succesful it may extend to more raids per Expansion "tier". But to start with one is fine.
    Wotlk definitely will be ICC, even though Ulduar is so immensely popular. The Lich King is what that entire expansion is about. Just how it makes sense to do BT in Legion with Illidan being the chosen one and all that shit.

I hope this is a succes and will have atleast some difficulty, so that it's justified to drop gear that's worth going back for. It will absolutely be 100% impossible to recapture what it was. Classes changed, design changed, new classes are in the mix. Tanks can live trough much more now with AM, healers and casters can go on for much longer(while mana conservation was a big part of the tuning back then.) Melee has more survivability and mobility in general.

Even though I really shouldn't given Blizz' track record the last few years, I remain hopeful.

I am so glad it will require a premade group. That gives me hope that it won't just be LFR training dummies with a BT skin.

I'm looking forward to stomping Shade of Akama, Evasion tanking Essence of Suffering, killing Constructs as a ghost on Gorefiend, and once again taking down Illidan in his heyday. I hope it's as true to the original encounters as possible. I know they would still be easy by modern Mythic standards, but I just want all the mechanics to be there and to be tuned hard enough that if you fail, you wipe.

When they first announced that TW raids will probably be a thing in the future, I posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I think the best case scenario for Timewalking raids would be non-queueable flexible raids tuned about as hard as heroic raids are today with the gear scaling tech that is already applied to TW dungeons. Anything less would have to remove or trivialize too many mechanics to give a good experience of the raid when it was current and betray the nostalgia of those who raided it in its time.

However, given how much QQ the lack of a queue for Mythic Dungeons has generated this expansion as well as the constant suggestion that normal/heroic raids be queueable, I highly doubt that TW raids will not be queueable. Because they will likely be queueable, they will also likely be extremely easy. Therefore, TW raids will likely just be LFR set in an old raid; no mechanics, shitty players, and bad gear. I'm not very excited for that. It'll probably be fun in the same kind of way that having your grandpa come back as a zombie would be fun. It'll be great to hang out for a little while, but you want to get out of there before he tries to eat your brains and it ruins your memories together.

I also don't think they'd take the time to make an LFR version and a Heroic version just for the fun little side content that TW is. I hope I'm wrong, though. I think really good TW raids would satiate much of the hunger for legacy servers.

Additionally, I don't think the MC anniversary event is a very good analog for TW raids for a number of reasons:

• It was created as a one-off, throw-away event; I doubt much time or effort went into it. That's why it had to be hotfixed so many times.
    • It was 40 people. Raids don't work well with that many people. That's why we haven't had 40-man raids since Vanilla.
    • MC is a terrible raid by today's standard and they stayed true to it for the most part (albeit with heavy nerfs).

It can be done so much better with more effort, less people, and a better raid (TK, Uld, ICC, ToT, etc.).
    It appears (for now) that Blizzard listened.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I am so glad it will require a premade group. That gives me hope that it won't just be LFR training dummies with a BT skin.

I'm looking forward to stomping Shade of Akama, Evasion tanking Essence of Suffering, killing Constructs as a ghost on Gorefiend, and once again taking down Illidan in his heyday. I hope it's as true to the original encounters as possible. I know they would still be easy by modern Mythic standards, but I just want all the mechanics to be there and to be tuned hard enough that if you fail, you wipe.
    I really doubt Timewalking Raids are going to be any more difficult then a mythic 5-man or a Normal Raid at most when they're implemented. These aren't Raids that are going to be readily accessible, but rather available once for a week every two months. Making the content as difficult as it was back during BC wouldn't really do much in the way of getting this content into people's hands.

There's also taking into consideration that I doubt the mechanics are going to be changed, at all, since it's original inception. If it's anything like current Timewalking is, only major mechanics are going to be a thing, everything else will likely be brute-force able. This isn't going to be some kind of difficult content designed for raiders, nor is it going to be something that's going to be designed to keep people's interests for super long.

It's going to serve the same function as current Timewalking is most likely - A trip down nostalgia lane that rewards (likely) normal ilvl gear with a Heroic ilvl box for completing the weekly quest for it.

It's still a cool idea though, and I'm really looking forward to jumping back into old raid content like that. Let's just hope that when we ineivitably get Catalcysm, it's Blackwing Descent, not Firelands or god forbid, Dragonsoul.

The best thing they could possibly do would be to add a bonus Seal on completion of a wing + bring back a current ilevel of a trinket for each role from the raids as a drop from the last boss. Everything else can be M0 ilevel and transmog with the capability of titanforge. I hated HFC, but I'd go back in a heartbeat to get a Soul Capacitor. Who wouldn't want a Rune of Re-origination?

**This is if it's premade

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Timewalking naxx pls... <3
    It's only a matter of time, I can see this coming back easily. Especially since T3 is available through the BMAH, so its not like old schoolers can complain everyone will have access to their cherished possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    only if its old school with corrupted Ashbringer
    I wouldn't be shocked when it does release, if this is taken off the loot table, purely because the pallies have a corrupted version now

Ulduar is obvious choice for next TW raid, if BT will be successful. Imagine not having to deal with alts for Herald of the Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    only if its old school with corrupted Ashbringer
    nahhhhhhhhhh
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will be a disgrace for those who raided original BT and complete false experience for those who don't.
    Just like TW dungeons are. Completely boring and pointless up to the point of insult.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Expectation:
    - multiple difficulties
    - rewarding loot
    - redesigned encounters with additional raid mechanics to deal with

Reality:
    - lfr only
    - terrible rewards
    - 0 changes to the raid, only player scaling

Anyone who wishes for it to have any kind of higher difficulty should realize, that would cut into current content with higher difficulty.

There are only so many hours in the day. Let's say it had a HC difficulty which is what I raid current content 2 nights a week. There is a reason I (and my guild because I chose them for it) only raid two nights a week. A third raid night will never happen, and cutting a night current content for a raid we already did 10 years ago neither.

I want timewalking raids to be piss easy and not reward current gear. It should be fully optional.

The only way higher difficulty could work would be to make a 5man dungeon out of it like they did with Karazhan.

I can't wait for it

I absolutely hated MC's anniversary thing... it was a complete clusterfuck with a ton of moronic players, nevermind the insane amounts of AFK'ers making an already long raid hell of a lot longer.

It being for pre-mades is a much better solution. Get people to learn, and best of all no AFK'ers.

Though can't say I'd be keen if they decide to add in more 1% vanity drops there, unless they are tradeable.

15+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably end up being like the Molten Core anniversary event.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Is there really any lasting reason to do this? Ilvl scaling will be low (maybe LFR levels at best) judging from current TW values and there's much easier ways to farm xmog (just solo it in original state and get more loot drops with higher chance for piece you're looking for than personal loot usually allows). I can't imagine that there would be BC tier that drops from it that then scales up as that would seem like a balancing issue nightmare. Unless this gives a buttload of AP or there's a new TWing mount that will drop, there's no point in doing this at all except for a nostalgic feel. I understand some people will do it for that reason, but for my personal tastes that is not enough for me to spend the time running it.

it wont success. timewalking is always garbage and shit.