Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The way many folks get around this apparently is to purchase the tokens/ coins on the MB (the ones commonly given out as quest rewards that sell for a specific gil amount) and then you have them in your inventory so it doesn't count as gil and then when transfer completes you just sell them and get back a majority of your gil. You'll lose some due to MB taking a cut and stuff but a few% loss when you have WAY more than 1 million is much better than losing everything over the cap.
    Yup. Would have to buy a crapload of them though, depending on how much gil you're trying to move. I do agree though; losing some is better than losing all of it (more or less).

I was productive today and peeled myself away from Persona 5 long enough to do some frontlines matches for light and achievement progress. 6/10 wins for the Garo mount and I snagged the full MNK set too (since SAM will share their gear and I like the look of the MNK Garo set when dyed dark grey).

Why are people arguing so aggressively about one of the easiest parts of the anima chain that has no cap and can be farmed in 6-8 hours of play time via easy spamable content? Like, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I was productive today and peeled myself away from Persona 5 long enough to do some frontlines matches for light and achievement progress. 6/10 wins for the Garo mount and I snagged the full MNK set too (since SAM will share their gear and I like the look of the MNK Garo set when dyed dark grey).
    I got 3 garo sets and then just got bored of the one shatter map on repeat. I might chase down the BLM one but its pretty similar to a set you can get elswhere compared to the rest so 'eh'. Healer, ranged physical and mnk are the best. The sentai ones are funny gag glamours but i leave that stuff for the characters with afros, hiterochromia and the rest of the "I AM TEH MUFFINS OF DOOOOOM XDDDDDDD" crowd playing Super 3D gaia avatar creator with glamour, not my bag

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What happened to just playing the game for fun? I do my regular activities and still get light at a decent pace. Is it as fast? No but does it matter? Again no because the relic is most of the time just a thing you get for glamour. If people want to get it faster that's their choice and more power to them.
    I agree. What happened to it? That's been my point. Systems get added that instead of being fun the idea of chasing a rare and unique weapon and empowering it over time into turn your brain off and push buttons for 6 hours. Or if you want, you can wait 5+ weeks to get yours done at a normal pace. If my goal is to acquire this weapon I want to do it in a meaningful fashion, the problem I had was that SQEX allowed enormous shortcuts thus saddling me with a fairly heft opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    I can't tell you how long each one took or the exact amount done, simply because I flat out refused to regard it as work on the clock. That was also the reason I refused to farm A1S: It sounded far to much like work and too little like fun. So I made a choice to take a bit longer and gain more in the process.
    In your other post you very clearly stated you can do the process without spamming A1S in 4-6 days (which doesn't not align with others testimony). Now you're stating that you can't corroborate that statement in any fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why would "doing all roulettes every day" be normal play? Oo
    If you only do them for the tomes you would do fewer of them. Esp if you look at the time where the cap was 450.

Watching CSI on a second monitor kept me sane but I was pretty braindead after those 4 hours. Was worth it, brought me up to 85% or so. Did the rest in the following days.
    Agreed, not my definition of "normal" play either lol.

Also, your explanation quite literally sounds like the epitome of fun.

Not

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Why are people arguing so aggressively about one of the easiest parts of the anima chain that has no cap and can be farmed in 6-8 hours of play time via easy spamable content? Like, what?
    Re-read your post and you'll see you answered your own question, and proved my entire argument. Thanks for the backup!

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Because they don't approve of such methods in a game they haven't played in over a year.

I farmed the light for for my bard in about 6 days doing mentor roulette. No I did not care to note down how many I did nor how many of those were light-yielding and no, I did not bother to use a stopwatch to time the runs as i was way too busy enjoying myself. If this lack of evidence means you discard my posts I'm pretty sure I can live with that

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Because they don't approve of such methods in a game they haven't played in over a year.
    Are you implying that my opinion or insight is worth less than yours? Or any else who has played recently? Especially considering the game hasn't changed in a year, hell, the process is identical from 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    I farmed the light for for my bard in about 6 days doing mentor roulette. No I did not care to note down how many I did nor how many of those were light-yielding and no, I did not bother to use a stopwatch to time the runs as i was way too busy enjoying myself. If this lack of evidence means you discard my posts I'm pretty sure I can live with that
    It's just that your posts directly contradict other data points I was given so I was curious if they were faulty or if your context was faulty. I already know based on your posts that you likely play every single day (nothing wrong with that, kudos to you for having that free time). The question is how much? I'm guessing roughly 8 hours a day. If we're counting weekends I'd say 10+ a day. Can you confirm? This guesstimate would plot ~50 hours to complete 120-160 runs of content, averaging ~3 pieces of content an hour. I could see people doing 50 hours over the course of a month. That's probably what I would play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Are you implying that my opinion or insight is worth less than yours? Or any else who has played recently? Especially considering the game hasn't changed in a year, hell, the process is identical from 2.0.
    It's statements like this that make it very difficult to take any discussion with you seriously (bold emphasis mine). You won't find me debating the finer points of Legion anywhere on this forum; I haven't played WoW in over a year, and any posts I dabble in on the WoW board(s) here generally pertain to previous xpacs or other non-Legion specific threads.

Does the 3.x patch series mimic a lot of the process of 2.x? Yeah, I see it, even though I joined this game at the tail end of ARR. To claim the game is no different than 2.0, though, is silly. Would I be a bit concerned if 4.x mimics prior expansions? Yeah, if they don't add any additional new systems and/or things to do. They've done a fairly decent job adding new stuff to go in with the carryover structure; PotD, Aquapolis, and even the somewhat-maligned Diadem are all examples of what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's statements like this that make it very difficult to take any discussion with you seriously (bold emphasis mine). You won't find me debating the finer points of Legion anywhere on this forum; I haven't played WoW in over a year, and any posts I dabble in on the WoW board(s) here generally pertain to previous xpacs or other non-Legion specific threads.

Does the 3.x patch series mimic a lot of the process of 2.x? Yeah, I see it, even though I joined this game at the tail end of ARR. To claim the game is no different than 2.0, though, is silly. Would I be a bit concerned if 4.x mimics prior expansions? Yeah, if they don't add any additional new systems and/or things to do. They've done a fairly decent job adding new stuff to go in with the carryover structure; PotD, Aquapolis, and even the somewhat-maligned Diadem are all examples of what I'm talking about.
    If you wanted to debate the finer points of legion you'd be well within your rights to do so. Even more so if you do it with clear headed and logical discussion points. Trying to marginalize my analysis based strictly on the length of time I played the game rather than the content of my posts is disheartening.

That said, I could have worded my last response a bit better. I meant that the game structure hasn't changed at all. It's still the same old structure that you don't even need patchnotes for half the time because you know what is coming. You're getting story quests, a dungeon, a primal, beast tribes, and either a 24m raid or a 8m raid. It never changes. It gets boring.

Most of the time they add new systems content it's dead on arrival (i.e. rewards are non-relevant, or you already have considerably better) or they're flat out flops that aren't fun.

POTD was arguably the only really new system I saw worth its weight, and even then it could have been better IMO.

I agree. What happened to it? That's been my point. Systems get added that instead of being fun the idea of chasing a rare and unique weapon and empowering it over time into turn your brain off and push buttons for 6 hours. Or if you want, you can wait 5+ weeks to get yours done at a normal pace. If my goal is to acquire this weapon I want to do it in a meaningful fashion, the problem I had was that SQEX allowed enormous shortcuts thus saddling me with a fairly heft opportunity cost.!
    Another way to look at is if you do go down that route then in the long run you're actually doing more work. Think about it. Would you be normally doing A1S? Probably not at this point as there's nothing to be gained from there if you don't want the glamour. On the other hand doing something like a Zurvan EX or Sophia EX if you don't have the mounts gives you a good chunk of light and a chance at a mount. Yes its slower but you're also working towards two goals at the same time which in return saves you time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, your explanation quite literally sounds like the epitome of fun.
    Not
    Not really, but MMOs sometimes do that to you.
    You forget it's a game that's supposed to entertain and push through it in a focused manner as if processing a task at work.

Oftentimes I shake my head at myself and ask me "why did I do that?"

Frontlines is really doing my head in atm. Every team I get matched with ignores tomes or just has 0 awareness. All I want is the 10 goddamn wins mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Frontlines is really doing my head in atm. Every team I get matched with ignores tomes or just has 0 awareness. All I want is the 10 goddamn wins mount.
    Luckily I've already gotten all three mounts out of it, so it's just grinding for remaining sets.

Finally had enough energy to get rest of sands for Anima.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats. just curious: how much PvP is required for one set? I quite like the healer one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats. just curious: how much PvP is required for one set? I quite like the healer one.
    18,000 Wolf Marks to get weapon/head/chest/gloves/legs/boots.

Doing daily Frontline roulette gives 1000 + 1st (1000)/2nd (750)/3rd (500). If you are just going for Marks, it's a lot faster to spam Wolves' Den; win (500) and loss (250).

As posted 18k Wolf Marks and the sanity to keep going.

I rarely drink alcohol.

I found myself drinking a glass of wine last night after waiting in a queue for ages only to lose three shatter matches in a row. Worse yet, Adders almost always losers when I queue as Adders. When I pick the 'Freelancer' option, though, and get thrown into another team Adders wins more often.

>.>

10+ Year Old Account
    As posted 18k Wolf Marks and the sanity to keep going.
    Hmm. I have no clue how PvP would feel in this game. Is it worse than BGs in WoW?

Hmm 6K Wolf marks for the 2 items I'd want. Should be able to suffer through that.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-04-16 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I have no clue how PvP would feel in this game. Is it worse than BGs in WoW?
    I find frontlines "easier" than BG's, but then again I don't really care if I win or not since Wolf Mark difference isn't that big.

Wolves' Den on other hand.. felt like I was only one actually trying to do something in there. Couple FC members went there alone, and shortly after started to ask me to join them since (random) teammates weren't ideal.