Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Fake news. White people can't suffer racism.
    Except that in South Africa, white folks are a minority and black folks run the government and society.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hasn't South Africa always had race issues like this
    About all of African has race issues and it's mostly black on black of different ethnic groups. It just gets mostly ignored by the media because only white people can be racist in their world and showing black on black racism doesn't fit the narrative.

You don't want to be white or a foreign black in south africa either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It doesn't have a whole lot to do with racism. The old white couple probably hired a guy or two to do some work on the farm, put up a fence, paint the barn etc. The guys talked to their friends who talked to their friends who talked to the wrong guys. The wrong guys turned out to be bandits. Bandits are usually the poor people in the area who in this case happen to be black. If the poor people in the area happened to be white, the same thing could've happened.
    That's weird, because the article makes no mention of robbery. just torture and attempted murder. Almost like they didn't want what these people had, but just to make them suffer and die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    So you don't think that apartheid was evil?
    How about this?

Before:
    Max Coleman's authoritative book analyses all deaths due to political violence from 1948 to 1994 in South Africa and Namibia.
    According to the HRC statistics, 21,000 people died in political violence in South Africa during apartheid - of whom 14,000 people died during the six-year transition process from 1990 to 1994. The book lists the number of incidents, dates, and those involved.

This includes SA Defence Force actions, for instance the 600 deaths at Kassinga in Angola during the war in 1978.

Of those deaths, the vast majority, 92%, have been primarily due to Africans killing Africans -- such as the inter-tribal battles for territory: this book's detailed analyses of the period June 1990 to July 1993 indicates a total of 8580 (92%) of the 9,325 violent deaths during the period June 1990 to July 1993 were caused by Africans killing Africans, or as the news media often calls it, "Black on Black" violence - hostel killings, Inkatha Freedom Party versus ANC killlings, and taxi and turf war violence.

The activities of the Civil Cooperation Bureau as outlined by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, were also included in these figures.

The security forces caused 518 deaths (5.6%) throughout this period.
    After:
    And the SA Police reports this month -- access their website's statistics at http://www.saps.org.za -- that a total of 174,220 people died violent deaths, from crime-related violence, between 1994 and the year 2000.

Well its time the white people there fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    What are you trying to convey with this visual adaptation of a fictional novel? That poor people torture people with blowtorches because they are poor?
    Okay, true story then. Germany raised all kinds of Hell with the US because we executed two of their citizens. These citizens had hijacked an armor bank truck that was carrying a lot of money. The two, who were brothers, didn't believe the guard when he said he couldn't open the safe so they tortured him to death. This was a white on white crime.

I'm not saying the OP crime was non-racist I'm just saying it probably had more to do with money than race. They tortured those two old white people because they thought they had some money hidden.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Today I learned that if you look like people who oppressed a population it's fine if said population brutally tortures you. Thanks mmo-champion!

10+ Year Old Account
    My family was attacked in Nigeria numerous amounts of time. Not because we were white. Because we were considered rich.

The racism I experienced was when I was in a private beach and I ventured out into the fishing village nearby. I was spit upon by many of the kids in the village when I wanted to play soccer with them. I was naive.

I still love Africa and its people.

Now that I am an adult...I realize that if these people didint have this colonial past, and had the same privileged sense of worth as the whites do, I would have been dead a long time ago.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Okay, true story then. Germany raised all kinds of Hell with the US because we executed two of their citizens. These citizens had hijacked an armor bank truck that was carrying a lot of money. The two, who were brothers, didn't believe the guard when he said he couldn't open the safe so they tortured him to death. This was a white on white crime.

I'm not saying the OP crime was non-racist I'm just saying it probably had more to do with money than race. They tortured those two old white people because they thought they had some money hidden.
    I can give you tens of stories where babies are tortured for fun. Not sure how can you explain that, but I'm sure that you wound find something. You always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    OH NOES!!!!!!!!! WHITEY IS SCARED!!

Considering the history..... I guarantee you there is more violence against whites in Nigeria (Lagos) when compared to South Africa... there is just too much of it, that people have considered it normal. Wherever there is corruption and income inequality, and basic human needs are suppressed from the majority of the population....violence will occur. THIS IS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Everyone here should look into African Colonial History to understand the mental scar on the continent, perpetuated by upper class whites. So yeah....if I was south african in origin, I would'int give a shit what some colonizers were feeling. Especially some British couple.

For all those whiteys out there gasping at this story like it a personal violation into their sense of well being. Go suck on a lemon you pussy.
    The Zulus in South Africa are also colonisers. Would you be okay with the "whiteys" torturing black Zulus there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Zulus in South Africa are also colonisers. Would you be okay with the "whiteys" torturing black Zulus there?
    Kalis !!! If I remember right, you are from Malta right?

Zulu's from my small knowledge have always contested the northern regions of S Africa as they migrated towards the east coast, so what is your point?

Instigating a conversation is a politicians tactic.....
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I can give you tens of stories where babies are tortured for fun. Not sure how can you explain that, but I'm sure that you wound find something. You always do.
    Why is it so important to you that this is a racist incident and not just banditry?

Never mind, I read your posting history.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Kalis !!! If I remember right, you are from Malta right?
    Not from Malta, but how is it relevant?

Zulu's from my small knowledge have always contested the northern regions of S Africa as they migrated towards the east coast, so what is your point?
    The Zulus are colonisers in South Africa.

I can repeat it again if you want, it will not change the fact that they are colonisers in South Africa, just like the Boers and British.

Instigating a conversation is a politicians tactic.....
    Are you Paraclef? That sounds like the sort of thing they would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with family in the country, they shouldn't have exploited the poor indigenous population so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Doesn't seem like people are saying it's OK, so much as it's being presented as practically some sort of white genocide, when the reality is it's South Africa being a fucked up place to be as South Africa tends to be.
    Then why should we care about the plight of gays, women and religious minorities in countries like that? It's just a fucked up place like it tends to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    As someone with family in the country, they shouldn't have exploited the poor indigenous population so much.
    Most countries in the world today are guilty of exploiting populations at some point in their history. Does that mean it's justified to torture them based on what others did? It's kind of a ridiculous argument. While the thread as a whole is clearly intended to start arguments the OP has managed to bring out just the people he was aiming at: those that will try to reason away the atrocities committed against people who are white. You can take most every race in the world and find a situation where that group of people either is currently or has been the victim of heinous crimes simply for who they are. Racism exists in all forms and manifests around the world. No matter what people try to think it simply isn't going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Didnt this happen in Zimbabwe about 15 years ago as well?
    Yep, exactly the same thing almost to the same timescale from independence. I lived in South Africa for 20 years but left in the year 2000, I could see this coming a mile away. So glad I left but quite sad because South Africa was such a nice place to live, it gave me a great childhood, but now it's a shithole.

10+ Year Old Account
    More "Sins of the father" from the left wingers. How very Old Testament of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Except that in South Africa, white folks are a minority and black folks run the government and society.
    Technically, Caucasians are a minority as far as the world's population as a whole goes - which makes the whole 'White Privilege' thing even more idiotic. Even more stupid, though, is the idea that Caucasians should feel guilty and be punished for what their ancestors may or may not have done throughout history when pretty much every country on the planet has committed historical atrocities.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when the Bantu speaking people will be punished for also exploiting the poor indigenous population/exterminating them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.