Thread: Next Aothg nerf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    And with it, comes a nerf to the Fury generated by DBlades. Yes, DBlades goes to 100%. So from 60% to 100%. And then the regen goes from 12-20 to 6-12, essentially a 50% nerf. And then the AotHG nerf. -_-

You're math is so insanely off, at most it's a 6% nerf to fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    DBlades 12-20 @ 60% = 9.6 per autoattack
    DBlades 6-12 @ 100% = 9 per autoattack (6.25% nerf)

AotHG 1-6 @ 60% = 2.1 per autoattack
    AoTHG 1-3 @ 100% = 2 per autoattack (4.7% nerf)

Combined 7.2 = 11.7
    Combined 7.2.5 = 11 (6% fury nerf)

I'll happy give 6% of my fury, for no more RNG.
    you forgot the dps nerf ....oh and the momentum playstyle buff. I honestly never managed to play momentum properly but even I managed to boost my dps on a dummy by 100k with momentum compared to DB. So yeah ..it's practictally dead. might work with t20 4 piece bonus but till then ...might as well get a macro to get VR and FR not making you move by animation cancelling. lawl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Well i bealive it will still be BIS!
    Let me expain, with a 1-3 extra fury on 100% DB it's not bad better then 1-6 on 60% IMO of course.
    err nope, mathwise it is worse than that. lemme do the math for you :P

((1+3)/2)*1 = 2
    ((1+6)/2)*.6 = 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    you forgot the dps nerf ....oh and the momentum playstyle buff. I honestly never managed to play momentum properly but even I managed to boost my dps on a dummy by 100k with momentum compared to DB. So yeah ..it's practictally dead. might work with t20 4 piece bonus but till then ...might as well get a macro to get VR and FR not making you move by animation cancelling. lawl.

- - - Updated - - -

err nope, mathwise it is worse than that. lemme do the math for you :P

((1+3)/2)*1 = 2
    ((1+6)/2)*.6 = 2.1.
    Stop using basic maths for this, those maths don't show what is better in a long run, you apply coefficient to something semantically false (60% of the fury gen ? what ?). You need simulation or at least considering best / worst case scenario considering probabilities of occuring.
    100% gen proba is eliminating all of the worst cases inherent to 60% proba, which is "unmathable" in a philosophical way because you'd arrive to Meta probabilities domain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Yeah and now Prepared is freaking good for Fury generation.

Scared of what they're trying to do, because if they bring Momo back to raiding, I'm gone. It doesn't work with how Blizzard designs bosses. Try using Momentum in Mythic Star Augur...

Also, even using Fel Rush is just not fun as a filler, because most of the time you end in Africa, fucking your AA uptime and probably eating damage you shouldn't eat (iceburst, hello)

And they should just remove the fucking ring.

1-20, 1-12, 1-8, 1-6 and now 1-3. FIVE nerfs. It's obvious that ring wasn't meant to exist.
    Someone on the Dh discord proposed a momentum change.

Instead of current, it would be: using fel rush or vengeful retreat boosts your next 4 abilities damage by 20%. Then stamp a 8sec duration or something along those lines.

I think it would make momentum less painful to use

Quote Originally Posted by Naeima View Post

Instead of current, it would be: using fel rush or vengeful retreat boosts your next 4 abilities damage by 20%. Then stamp a 8sec duration or something along those lines.

If you've to still Fel Rush in a straight line, I don't really care if its the next 4 skills or if you've 8 hours. Is not micro-managing burst windows what is bad about Momentum. Is moving with it in spaces that are so limited for movement and against enemies that have the hitbox size of a peanut.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeima View Post

That would have to be "next spending abilities". Imagine getting 20% on Demon's Bite hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    That would have to be "next spending abilities". Imagine getting 20% on Demon's Bite hehe.
    You can always pool fury then use it. If its only spending then TG doesnt work , rending bloodlet useless

Deleted
    DBlades 12-20 @ 60% = 9.6 per autoattack
    DBlades 6-12 @ 100% = 9 per autoattack (6.25% nerf)

AotHG 1-6 @ 60% = 2.1 per autoattack
    AoTHG 1-3 @ 100% = 2 per autoattack (4.7% nerf)

Combined 7.2 = 11.7
    Combined 7.2.5 = 11 (6% fury nerf)

This, plus the fact that fury gen from demon blades is only 50% of total fury regen for fellblades builds, and ~30% for demonic, so it's only a 3%/2% fury nerf in exchange of being much less fury starved or capped. I like this changes a lot, but let's see what's in the next PTR builds.

Moral is, the relationship between how much fury you produce with the ring vs how much fury you produce without the ring stays mostly the same. Which I'm sure is what they were going for.

I rate this nerf: Not a nerf.

Deleted
    Tried it on the PTR and it feels pretty good. Not gamebreaking, but you feel the difference. Probably not needed with the new 2pc though.

While I'm not a fan of the change made on live, the change for 7.2.5 doesn't seem like a big deal considering the parallel change to Demon Blades.

I just don't understand the justification for the constant nerfs - was it not Blizzard who said (several times, I might add) that they want to buff the lower performing legendaries and not nerf the better ones, because that's "not fun for anyone" or something similar? They've nerfed this ring into the ground to the point that many people are transitioning to other legendaries for a majority of current content. It just seems like such a waste.

20% extra fury is a "nerf into the ground"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakkiki View Post
    I think this is what most of DH asked for... a solid 100% fury gain from demon blades. I hope you didnt expect to just boost the proc chance to 100 % without lowering the damage and the fury gain from the ability it self.
    Not at all. I've often been a proponent for making DBlades 100% and reducing the fury/damage per proc.

What I'm NOT ok with is their 4th nerf of the ring. It's like they just want to completely remove it, but don't have the balls so they're just going to keep nerfing it until people don't use it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
    Not at all. I've often been a proponent for making DBlades 100% and reducing the fury/damage per proc.

What I'm NOT ok with is their 4th nerf of the ring. It's like they just want to completely remove it, but don't have the balls so they're just going to keep nerfing it until people don't use it anymore.
    If they didn't "nerf" the ring it'd have been effectively a MASSIVE buff to it.
    1-6 would be ~55% buff
    1-5 would've been ~35% buff
    1-4 would've been ~15% buff
    1-3 is about the same, a very minor nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post

So heres the rub. People keep trying to point this out and a new person comes in and misses the point every day.

If you look at the ring as a static fury generator, it did get an extrreeeeemly minor nerf from 2.1 fury per autoattack to 2.0 fury per auto attack. However, this is not the way you should look at it, and nor has it ever been.

The way you *should* look at the ring is as a fury modifier from baseline. How much fury do you get without the ring vs how much do you get with the ring. This is obviously just looking at demonblades/demons bite baseline fury generation, *NOT* fury generation from felblade, chaos strike crits, and consume magic. In other words, the ring gives you about 20% extra fury from demon blades, just like it did before. In comparison to demon blades, it actually gives MORE fury than it did before.

As of live, the ring gives you about 8-11% more fury than baseline accounting for interrupts, felblades, and crits. Which honestly is a pretty fucking good place for it. It's still BiS, but its not quite as make or break as it used to be. There are other good legendaries out there, and you might want to switch to bracers or kjc or helm or sephuz or any number of other legendary items based on a fight now, which is, again, how it should be.

The nerf doesn't affect us, we wouldn't have used it in ToS anyway because of the T20 bonus.

Is there a list of best legendaries once you have that 2 piece?

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Is there a list of best legendaries once you have that 2 piece?
    I'm guessing shoulders / Mo'arg or Belt or Raddon's (Demonic) or Anchor or Prydaz

What this man said!

I predict that the legendary that gives an extra 8-11% total fury over the course of a fight, and makes your passive fury gen produce 22% more fury will be really good.

And since were a class that relies on burst, the belt will also be top notch.

So basically, same leggos as always, just now the other ones aren't quite as shitty.