15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Space Soduko was a hell of a poor choice... better yet was not to add any mini-game of sorts at all, it annoys the hell out of me have to do multiple breaks from all the actions, just to sit down, drink my coffee and read about the weather and solve some god damn aliens Sudoku that may take over 10 minutes to solve the fucking thing >.<
    You can use a key, that you can buy from vendors for like 400 credits or get as loot, for 95% of all the puzzles if you don't want to solve them on your own or take the 30 seconds to look for the answer on the internet. To each their own though, I enjoyed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's why I said earlier that ME3 had the best mini game of them all . . . in that it didn't exist.
    The REAL Adam Jensen would relish a hacking challenge! Poor form, sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Started a second playthrough after the most recent patch. Those first initial conversations with Addison on the nexus is like night and day in difference after they fixed her makeup + eyes + made her body language more aggressive.
    Addison was the character most improved by that patch, for sure.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

My face is still tired of having to deal with Addison however. I insist that a renegade interrupt was BADLY needed for her. I've punched annoying reporters for far less.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Anyone else kinda bothered by the fact that the Salarians only live for like 50 years when they can uplift species, create bioweapons, and even dumb fuck humans have figured out how to live to the 150s?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Anyone else kinda bothered by the fact that the Salarians only live for like 50 years when they can uplift species, create bioweapons, and even dumb fuck humans have figured out how to live to the 150s?
    This has to do a lot with biology.

Salarians just live faster than other species. It takes them only like 3 years to reach adulthood (as opposed to like 20 for humans), they only need 1 hour of sleep (as opposed to 8-10 like humans), they have a simpler digestive system etc etc.

Being shortlived doesn't necessarily means being primitive, different races have different reasons for living longer. Turtles can live up to 150 years because they use and spend so little energy in their entire lives that their organs take longer to deteriorate and shut down entirely. Salarians on the other hand are like hamsters coked out of their mind in caffeine and crystal meth, so no shit they would live a third of what a human on average lives.

There are worse examples too, Vorcha live only 20 years after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The REAL Adam Jensen would relish a hacking challenge! Poor form, sir!
    I'd take DE:HR hacking over any of the ME hacking minigames across any of the 4 games.
    Putin khuliyo

I know the options, it's not the point =/
    Agreed. Specially when THE hardest puzzle in the whole game, is precisely the one that cannot be hacked with the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    This has to do a lot with biology.

Salarians just live faster than other species. It takes them only like 3 years to reach adulthood (as opposed to like 20 for humans), they only need 1 hour of sleep (as opposed to 8-10 like humans), they have a simpler digestive system etc etc.

Being shortlived doesn't necessarily means being primitive, different races have different reasons for living longer. Turtles can live up to 150 years because they use and spend so little energy in their entire lives that their organs take longer to deteriorate and shut down entirely. Salarians on the other hand are like hamsters coked out of their mind in caffeine and crystal meth, so no shit they would live a third of what a human on average lives.

There are worse examples too, Vorcha live only 20 years after all.
    Its just after Trying to decide if its worth saving a few Salarians that may live only a couple dozen more years or a couple Krogan who can live over 1k it got me thinking that its silly that in a race of scientists not one has tried to extend the lives of their people especially when you have Salarians with Asari daughters they will most likely not ever see "become adults". I can understand the Vorcha because they are primitive and kinda violent, but Salarians should have at least had one scientist attempt to make themselves immortal even if it was just thru cloning and synthetic organs which already exists in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vorcha are in a unique place. They heal from any wound they suffer. I would imagine that healing factor also contributes towards their death quicker. Where healthy cells start getting attacked. Genetic manipulation to increase their longevity might reduce their overall usefulness of being able to heal all wounds.

Edit: After reading, it seems they naturally possess an enhanced DNA manipulation. Allowing them to adapt to any environment. As a consequence, they are unable to evolve in the traditional sense.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2017-04-14 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Wondering if they will introduce the Quarians via DLC…
    That's almost given fact by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the profile system, rather than being locked into one "class" and trying to make it work.

For example, I just respecced my Ryder to be a Vanguard. Backlash/Charge/[Depends on what I'm fighting.] But against an Architect, being a Vanguard isn't very useful. So I can change. Went with a Soldier profile, picking up Backlash (to protect myself from the gatling laser if I was caught in the open,) Incinerate and Overload, the last two being for the Remnant waves (I kept getting Nullifiers so I made Incinerate a last minute pick.) I thought about picking up Turbocharge to burn the conduits down a bit faster, but I didn't know if it would work with a beam rifle like the PAW (which is AMAZING against Architects.)

Point is though, I love being able to switch things up for different fights.

Of course it helps being high enough level to max out a few extra abilities.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2017-04-14 at 11:31 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Wow, I'm really enjoying this game after the initial couple of hours.

After 25+ hours of play time, I deem it a worthy successor to the original trilogy.
    Ryder definitely grows on you as do the other party members.

Still got so much to do.
    Also enjoying the profiles. Crating and augmenting feels rewarding too, especially when you get a decent synergy going.

I really like the profile system, rather than being locked into one "class" and trying to make it work.

For example, I just respecced my Ryder to be a Vanguard. Backlash/Charge/[Depends on what I'm fighting.] But against an Architect, being a Vanguard isn't very useful. So I can change. Went with a Soldier profile, picking up Backlash (to protect myself from the gatling laser if I was caught in the open,) Incinerate and Overload, the last two being for the Remnant waves (I kept getting Nullifiers so I made Incinerate a last minute pick.) I thought about picking up Turbocharge to burn the conduits down a bit faster, but I didn't know if it would work with a beam rifle like the PAW (which is AMAZING against Architects.)

Point is though, I love being able to switch things up for different fights.

Of course it helps being high enough level to max out a few extra abilities.
    I actually looked to infiltrator since architects seem to only be hurt by hitting weakpoints. I love how you can swap profile and skills mid fight... I wonder why swapping favorites incurs a cooldown though.

Wondering if they will introduce the Quarians via DLC…
    That's almost certainly going to be the case. Otherwise, the multiplayer will be severely lacking in races. In ME3, there were like 16 races to choose from, whereas here there's only 6. If the Quarian Ark is introduced in a sequel, it would leave andromeda with only 6 races to have in the multiplayer. Whereas if they're introduced in a DLC, it leaves the room open for adding Quarian, Drell, and Volus to multiplayer (maybe even Hanar if we're lucky)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's almost certainly going to be the case. Otherwise, the multiplayer will be severely lacking in races. In ME3, there were like 16 races to choose from, whereas here there's only 6. If the Quarian Ark is introduced in a sequel, it would leave andromeda with only 6 races to have in the multiplayer. Whereas if they're introduced in a DLC, it leaves the room open for adding Quarian, Drell, and Volus to multiplayer (maybe even Hanar if we're lucky)
    They'll never do Hanar because the lack of a human skeleton means they're difficult to animate for things like cover.
    Putin khuliyo

12 Races total after a year of free multiplayer content. One having a single class, the Collector instead of the usual 2-3+.

----

And yeah, we are somewhat limited currently in races. But they've expanded on Gender, which is nice.

Hopefully with Quarians we can get some additional races thrown in. There may even potentially be an entirely new race, depending on the size of the dlc content.

Or we end up having to wait for the next ME game to further expand.
    I'm pretty happy with multiplayer at the moment, though. But god do I miss the old melee from ME3. Having combos and heavy melee felt great. Especially when you played a race/class that was centered around it. I remember one shotting enemies for days as a Batarian Vanguard, charging and syncing straight into a heavy melee. That wonderful windup, the audio playing as it builds in strength, then release and boom.

Some more gun balance passes would be nice too. I'd like to avoid the Claymore/Harrier god-tier that dominated ME3 for so long.

They'll never do Hanar because the lack of a human skeleton means they're difficult to animate for things like cover.
    To be fair, when they first introduced Krogan for ME3 multiplayer, some couldn't use Cover as a trade off for being designed to take the hits instead. But the animation difficulties I can certainly agree with.

High metabolism species tend to have shorter lifespans. Compare mice to humans. Slower metabolism species have longer lifespans. Compare a 300 year old turtle to humans.

Salarians make the impression of genius ads kids on crack diluted in a tripple ristreto. Their speech kinda sounds like that, too. I think their lifespan is absolutely adequate.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Man, playing through the story again made me realize how easy Bioware could've made other races playable.

You could make an asari and then your mom could be asari and die another way . I wouldn't have a problem with an asari Pathfinder leading humans, since your dad is human and one of the most important people in the whole initiative.

Playing a turian might be trickier story-wise, but I wouldn't mind if Alec adopted one or whatever.

Other than that, they'd adjust couple of angarans to say asari/turian instead of human, and that's basically it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive learned that my game does not like being left on pause as i am at work or sleeping. it starts acting weird graphically and mechanically when i return. mostly my Ryders head imploded a bit when talking at SAM node. didnt get a picture
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, don't make me think about that one too hard.

They literally uplifted and then sterilized and entire race but can extend their own lives.

And you're right, humans are perhaps the most unremarkable species out of tyhe bunch except for being the "The Wildcard" species. And yet humans found a way to live longer...

Resident Cosplay Progressive