Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Alright, you got me there. Though Iran and Iraq fighting benefited everyone else. And I dont think they'd nuke the kurds in their own country nor nuke land they wanted to conquer for their own use.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think China would bother defending North Korea, it just isn't worth it for them, at all.
    Tensions between China and the United States over interests in the South China Sea are very large

I dont think China would bother defending North Korea, it just isn't worth it for them, at all.
    Don't be to sure. North-Korea provides a buffer between werstern ally South-Korea and China. Furthermore China is actively trying to expand in the South China Sea. Making a knee-fall for Trump would mean problems with that expansion later on, since Trump would definitely try to stop China there too.

The only thing we don't know is what Trump talked about with Xi Jinping on their meeting last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The sooner we deal with North Korea the better.
    The question remains "how" North Korea should be dealt with. The US hopefully learned by now that "bombing the shit out of them" doesn't work on the mid/long term, see the Middle-East for reference.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

What is more interesting is that it seems China is seemingly confirming that they wont bother defending NK (with the addition that a denuclearized NK would be defended) - even if they have a mutual defense treaty.

When looking for that I also found: http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/1...an-up-or-else/
    I don't know if trustworthy, but China threating to bomb North Korea seems a bit more than the usual sabre-rattling - even if retracted.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    What is more interesting is that it seems China is seemingly confirming that they wont bother defending NK (with the addition that a denuclearized NK would be defended) - even if they have a mutual defense treaty.

When looking for that I also found: http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/1...an-up-or-else/
    I don't know if trustworthy, but China threating to bomb North Korea seems a bit more than the usual sabre-rattling - even if retracted.
    China is sick of North Koreas bullshit. THey will not defend them. There is no money or value in North Korea anymore and China has no monetary interest in a conventional war or occupation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Tensions between China and the United States over interests in the South China Sea are very large
    But not over North Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    South Korea happy with what?
    If the United states would take down North Korea, they could unit the countries and Korea again. The people in South Korea send ballons over the border with phones to show the people there what has changed and what they're missing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Donald Trump is giving his generals almost any and all freedom to do whatever. So it would not surprise me if an attack is launched.

If that is a good thing, time will tell. Generals in charge will be a smarter bet than an impulsive president in charge, a president desperate to score wins. Quite a big turn on his statement of not being the world police. Generals however are trained to see mostly one type of solution to a problem, a military solution and that won't always be a good thing.
    Do not get the Missile strikes on Assad's airfield and the MOAB dropped in Afghanistan lumped together, as if both had the same type of handling. One was a strike on another country and ordered by Trump. The other was a bomb dropped by order of a general of US forces helping a government fight the Taliban. The Military off the coast of N. Korea will not do a strike without approval from the President. They can always however, defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If the United states would take down North Korea, they could unit the countries and Korea again. The people in South Korea send ballons over the border with phones to show the people there what has changed and what they're missing.
    That would devastate the Korean economy though. Same thing happened when East Germany returned to Germany. Except this will be worse because North Korea is so much further behind in technology, education, infrastructure, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Did you read to what i responded? Read again, click the link i provided in earlier post, count and then come back.
    I do not have to read again. I responded to your post. You claimed NK has "thousands of MiGs:. They do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Korea will never be reunited. China will not allow a US ally to border them. China would simply help rebuild NK, and install a more moderate leader, most likely a puppet of China.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The sooner we deal with North Korea the better.
    What do statements like this even mean?

The only way I see china not interfering is if they get to manage NK (whats left of it) after its removal, NK to them is a buffer zone between them and the US (since SK is really good allies and have US troops on the demilitarized zone) I don't see them giving up all that territory back to SK and them cozying up to the chinese border.

While they may not defend NK, I dont see them allowing a unification of korea.

Is this the domino that leads to the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Is this the domino that leads to the end of the world?

No, that will be the chess game of Syria. That depends on how much the US is willing to put vs how much Russia is willing to put. NK is trying to make itself a big deal, but China knows its not worth the time, as long as the outcome doesn't mean that US will have stuff on their border. They will interfere just enough to have a say in the outcome of NK, that way they protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    No, that will be the chess game of Syria. That depends on how much the US is willing to put vs how much Russia is willing to put. NK is trying to make itself a big deal, but China knows its not worth the time, as long as the outcome doesn't mean that US will have stuff on their border. They will interfere just enough to have a say in the outcome of NK, that way they protect themselves.
    Never understood why Russia is prepared to go to war over such a shitty country that is syria but i guess that is for another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the very few benefits of having Trump as president is that a lot of dictators are going to be in tears. About time the Kims dropped some weight! The first president in many decades who doesn't respond to bullying with soft talk.

On the other hand, literally any other president would handle the actual war better than this clown. It's not like collateral damage is a red light for him, and I doubt he cares about human rights much more than Kim Jung Un does, so... I doubt he was joking when saying, "Why don't we just nuke them?" If that's what he is going to do, then, perhaps, it's time to eliminate the worldwide nuclear arsenal by natural means and hop into the real life version of Fallout?

---

Where are all the "At least Trump is not a warmonger" folks, by the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I do not think that have this reach and i doubt that this 100% operative but some pages show that the taepodong-2 can reach all the west coast

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Typical GI Joe, America first response.
    Yea because diplomacy is so effecrive with NK..go cry in your safe space

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan is making a plan for evacuation of 60,000 South Koreans should the situation warrant it.

So, we could go Fallout, or we could go Ghost in the Shell. Hard call.

yall do know if we strike NK it would be a HUGE assault all at once that would decimate their military so the dmg done to seoul would not be nearly as bad yea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    yall do know if we strike NK it would be a HUGE assault all at once that would decimate their military so the dmg done to seoul would not be nearly as bad yea?
    Most of North Korea's military power is well dug in and would require bunker busters to destroy when not actively in use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Japan is making a plan for evacuation of 60,000 South Koreans should the situation warrant it.

So, we could go Fallout, or we could go Ghost in the Shell. Hard call.
    To where exactly? And there are some 50 MILLION South Koreans (in SK). This is like saving 40 dogs when there are 17000 in dog farms in SK alone.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.