Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Demonology ST Rotation

So, I recently got the fourth golden trait to my demo spec and had an idea.

The trait itself grants Demonic Powerment a 50% chance to cause all your pets to dish out shadow damage to their current targets when they recieved the buff.
    So thinking to myself if this damage was legit good enough to have you spam the spell, I decided to try out 1/2/1/2/2/2/3. Essentially buffing Demonic Empowerment as much as I could, using it as a filler and shadowbolt after everycast.

For me the numbers where greater than those of the traditional DPS rotation, and I am simply curious if anyone else has tried this with similiar success or found an even better way to approach this rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    People already tried this shit and consensus is that it is in fact less DPS.

Deleted
    So far, my results have yielded different result. Chances are most other people just mucked up the rotation.

If I am the only person to do a better rotation, I shall rejoice in my snowflake status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    So far, my results have yielded different result. Chances are most other people just mucked up the rotation.

If I am the only person to do a better rotation, I shall rejoice in my snowflake status.
    OR, which is quite a bit more plausible, you fucked up the default rotation and something that is much easier yields better results for you.

If this was a thing, it would have been long past cracked by theorycrafters, which took a shot at it and found it lacking.

But of course you are not wrong, the world is...
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-04-14 at 07:12 PM.

Lets see some logs then please.

Yes, obviously the theorycrafters, best players in the world, and SIMULATIONS are all just messing it up and you are the only one who can get it right.

Also, since you are the only person that can actually do it, and it's so much more dps it shouldn't be much trouble for you to run through and R1 everything.

I, for one, am grateful I was able to witness the start of this.

Deleted
    Everyone is just making assumptions that I am bad when I am 100% confident I am a better Demonology warlock that all of you who has just commented.
    Which basically means whatever you know is irrelevant, not to mention your ignorant bashing of my gameplay has nothing to do with the actual question. If none of you have tried and properly execute both rotations then you aren't qualified to answer as far as I am concerned.

Everyone is just making assumptions that I am bad when I am 100% confident I am a better Demonology warlock that all of you who has just commented.
    Which basically means whatever you know is irrelevant, not to mention your ignorant bashing of my gameplay has nothing to do with the actual question. If none of you have tried and properly execute both rotations then you aren't qualified to answer as far as I am concerned.
    Link some logs , otherwise this is a pointless discussion.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

If you were a "better demonology warlock" then you would know that your "new rotation" has already been tested, theorycrafted, and simulated to death because you would check the class discord. You've also been asked for logs twice and instead of providing any you're just doubling down that you just know it's good and everyone else is bad.

At this point, I'm convinced this was just a solid troll, and I'll give it a 6/10 based on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like you roll out with absolute outlandish claims and 0 proof. The burden of proof is on you, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    If you were a "better demonology warlock" then you would know that your "new rotation" has already been tested, theorycrafted, and simulated to death because you would check the class discord. You've also been asked for logs twice and instead of providing any you're just doubling down that you just know it's good and everyone else is bad.

At this point, I'm convinced this was just a solid troll, and I'll give it a 6/10 based on that.
    This basically. This shit already been checked, it's not some amazing new discovery nobody thought about before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Link some logs , otherwise this is a pointless discussion.
    You ignorant man.

I just said I got it and had experiemented with as well as stating I HAVN'T ACTUALLY TESTED IT ON BOSSES YET.
    That is why I asked for everyone elses opinon. But seeing as everyone seems to be a bunch of a-holes this supposed interessting discussion turned into a heated flame war.

You ignorant man.

I just said I got it and had experiemented with as well as stating I HAVN'T ACTUALLY TESTED IT ON BOSSES YET.
    That is why I asked for everyone elses opinon. But seeing as everyone seems to be a bunch of a-holes this supposed interessting discussion turned into a heated flame war.
    It turned into a flame war when you said you were the best warlock ever. To which, people disagreed. So it's your fault, not anyone elses. Take responsibility for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post

I don't really care what theorycrafters or the discord sais, if my experiences yield different result then I will go with what I have. Also, in my INITIAL POST I stated that I had yet an opportunity to test it on actual bosses in a proper raid enviorment yet seeing as I just got the trait so how the fuck would I have logs at this point. You are either ignorant or stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ignorant man.

What flame war? It's you vs the world. There is no discussion - the shit is not competitive - for more info go to Warlock Discord where actual theorycrafting happens.

Everyone worth their shit already left these forums because they are filled with trash.

And yes, what you say amounts to feelscraft, you got no logs - no discussion. Might as well told that you auto-attack in between instants for increased DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    It turned into a flame war when you said you were the best warlock ever. To which, people disagreed. So it's your fault, not anyone elses. Take responsibility for yourself.
    I said I was better than all the people that were criticizing me since I know how good I am and I noticed how ignorant all the people that commented were. It's not a hard conclussion to make. I am willing to compete against anyone btw if they want to prove me wrong in that regard.

The flame war started because people were making ignorant comments without truely understanding the post. The responsability lies with them, not me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What flame war? It's you vs the world. There is no discussion - the shit is not competitive - for more info go to Warlock Discord where actual theorycrafting happens.

Everyone worth their shit already left these forums because they are filled with trash.

And yes, what you say amounts to feelscraft, you got no logs - no discussion. Might as well told that you auto-attack in between instants for increased DPS.
    Did you know it took Diablo 3 players over a month to find some cookie cutter builds for certain classes? Why am I to believe people on Discord when they have repeatedly shown me that they aren't better than anyone else. Too many times have I asked them theoretical questions and their responses have contradicted eachother. It's a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said I was better than all the people that were criticizing me since I know how good I am and I noticed how ignorant all the people that commented were. It's not a hard conclussion to make. I am willing to compete against anyone btw if they want to prove me wrong in that regard.

The flame war started because people were making ignorant comments without truely understanding the post. The responsability lies with them, not me.
    Or just maybe... you know... maybe... you are the one who is ignorant? People tell you straight - this was already theoricrafted, there IS data about it and every simulation and test ended up showing this as no go.

The data is there in Discord.

But you have no proof of how good you are. So. Until you do, it's your word vs EVERYONE else's. Hell, since you said you are so good, I want to see you post any kind of log.
    Last edited by talwynn; 2017-04-14 at 09:03 PM.

You ignorant man.

It's not a flame war, you just have multiple people telling you that it's already been thought of and thoroughly checked and found to not be a viable choice. It is not a dps increase, and in fact, is a loss. This is something you could see for yourself on the class discord, which is a very valuable resource for all things warlock with channels devoted to each spec. If you truly wish to be a "better demonology warlock" then I highly suggest you check it out.

You were upset that something you thought you discovered was dismissed. In reality, it was thought of weeks ago, and tested ad nauseam. This is not a bad thing, although you are taking it as an attack. It just means that what you thought you discovered was also thought to be potentially viable by a larger part of the community and then actually checked to determine the reality. It wasn't viable, but if it had been we would have told you "yeah, that's the new rotation, we've been using it for weeks" and you still would have been in the dark for not checking the resource yourself.

You came in with an attitude, dismissed valid advice, and had no proof to back up your claim. You proceeded to insult those who disagreed with you. It didn't have to go that way. Check out the discord, you might learn something.
    Last edited by Teroch; 2017-04-14 at 09:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I said I was better than all the people that were criticizing me since I know how good I am
    Then prove how good you are. Again, post some logs. You say you haven't tested the build on bosses. What's stopping you from testing right now?

Why am I to believe people on Discord when they have repeatedly shown me that they aren't better than anyone else. Too many times have I asked them theoretical questions and their responses have contradicted eachother.
    Because it is a DISCUSSION DISCORD. Not a guide. They talk to each other to determine better builds. When someone provides a theory, they and others test/sim them, and if it isn't up to snuff, they move on to others.

It's a waste of time.
    Yes, this has been.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

I don't really care what theorycrafters or the discord sais, if my experiences yield different result then I will go with what I have. Also, in my INITIAL POST I stated that I had yet an opportunity to test it on actual bosses in a proper raid enviorment yet seeing as I just got the trait so how the fuck would I have logs at this point. You are either ignorant or stupid.
    Your 'INITIAL POST':

Colactic
    New Demonology ST Rotation
    So, I recently got the fourth golden trait to my demo spec and had an idea.

The trait itself grants Demonic Powerment a 50% chance to cause all your pets to dish out shadow damage to their current targets when they recieved the buff.
    So thinking to myself if this damage was legit good enough to have you spam the spell, I decided to try out 1/2/1/2/2/2/3. Essentially buffing Demonic Empowerment as much as I could, using it as a filler and shadowbolt after everycast.

For me the numbers where greater than those of the traditional DPS rotation, and I am simply curious if anyone else has tried this with similiar success or found an even better way to approach this rotation.

Where does it say you have yet to try it?

"For me the numbers where greater than those of the traditional DPS rotation" - Everyone based their assumption on this that says you tried it and it produced better numbers.

Do you even know what you are saying when you type things?