Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No, its not right, you SHOULD NEVER END LOWER IF YOU WIN MORE THEN YOU LOSE, ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED OR SOMETHING?

I have been stuck in silver for 3 seasons, I play a shit ton games, I have a shit ton of gold medals and a 4:1 KD ration on soldier, a "carry" hero, every win I'm top kills and usually top OBJ time, I carry the shit out of those games but no, I end up lower because the game thinks I belong there, what, cause of my QP MMR, from previous seasons? Why should my play a YEAR ago have any effect on my play now.

Oh case in point, my alt account is in high plat almost diamond, but I don't want all my shit over there so I stopped

The SR gain/loss in this game is fucking stupid and then they have people like you blowing smoke up their ass because its "working as intended"

It should NEVER adjust ratings based on where it "thinks" you should be.

I used to buy a lot of boxes, but it's clear the devs don't care, so I'll come back and play events but beyond that, nah, games dead.
    So if I go into some MMA, and my first 9 fights are against toddlers and the last fight is against a champion, I should be able to say I'm good because I lost one and won nine?

Because that's what you're saying, and it's wrong. A high-quality win is one where you're expected to lose, and pull through. A low-quality win is where you're facing pants-on-head retarded players, clearly it's going to award less for beating baddies.

Maybe it's time for you to stop and wonder, are you really as clever as you think you are? Are you truly as skilled as your parents told you you deserve to be as they handed you a participation trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    So if I go into some MMA, and my first 9 fights are against toddlers and the last fight is against a champion, I should be able to say I'm good because I lost one and won nine?

Because that's what you're saying, and it's wrong. A high-quality win is one where you're expected to lose, and pull through. A low-quality win is where you're facing pants-on-head retarded players, clearly it's going to award less for beating baddies.

Maybe it's time for you to stop and wonder, are you really as clever as you think you are? Are you truly as skilled as your parents told you you deserve to be as they handed you a participation trophy?
    Your analogy doesn't work based off the fact that matches in OW at that level are basically equal SR wise. They're like 1850 vs 1845. For it to work, you'd have to a Diamond facing Bronzes for 9 games and a team of top 500s for match ten.

Winning 9 games and losing one in OW is a good thing because the general SR is very close, at least come up with a better analogy next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I'm not sure what the purpose of these threads are. Blowing off steam? Of course it's possible. Many people have done so. I know people that have repeatedly climbed hundreds of SR when playing solo. No trick existed, they were just capable of doing so.
    ----
    It reminds me of, prior to seasons, pages of "Bastion is broken, literally impossible, nobody can kill him" were being made. I feel like people too easily convince themselves that some force out of their control is responsible for how good they are at the game.
    It's human nature. It's why we have superstion and stories about old gods messing with humans.

It's a coping mechanism that helps people perservere through adversity, something especially bad players need in truckloads to keep playing a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    There's always 6 slots in the enemy team for trolls and whatnot, while only 5 in your team, meaning most of the time in the long run you are the one facing said trolls, and it comes down to your own skill.
    Or, YOU are the one that's on the same team as those trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You're just completely delusional at this point and I doubt you'll ever learn so it's honestly not even worth discussing anything with you anymore.

You're not a Diamond level player, the end.

Regardless of what some moderator says in this thread ;

The griefers, trolls, leavers, smurfs or just "totally clueless new players" causing 9 out of 10 losses while solo-Queue'ing,
    make it so that the system will punish you more for their performance - than it reward you for your own.

When someone claims its mostly your own performance that matters, it only shows their lack of insight in how solo-queue plays out in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You're just completely delusional at this point and I doubt you'll ever learn so it's honestly not even worth discussing anything with you anymore.
    I'm not delusional. But you clearly don't understand how this game works whatsoever, so indeed, you're pointless arguments
    with me are going nowhere. Add to the fact you can't argue without insults either, yeah, I think it best you just move on.

You're not a Diamond level player, the end.
    To quote a line from Ana, *chuckle* "You know nothing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Regardless of what some moderator says in this thread ;

The griefers, trolls, leavers, smurfs or just "totally clueless new players" causing 9 out of 10 losses while solo-Queue'ing,
    make it so that the system will punish you more for their performance - than it reward you for your own.

When someone claims its mostly your own performance that matters, it only shows their lack of insight in how solo-queue plays out in real life.
    Do you think the system is deliberately slotting those "bad" players in only your teams, and not the teams you're facing? Because it has some weird computer grudge against you, or something?

Because otherwise, if we assume there's an equal chance of any given player being useless/bad/whatever, and assuming you aren't one of them, the enemy team has 6 chances to have one or more of them on their team. Your team only has 5 chances. Meaning it's somewhat more likely you'll get easy wins against teams with someone being useless than you are to lose for the same reason. That's how math works.

And your own performance, in those circumstances, can significantly reduce the amount of rank you lose in those losses. Giving up and contributing to the problem rather than fighting through it and trying to win anyway will mean your point loss is greater.

I also don't get why you'd ever willingly solo queue in the first place if you want to climb.

Just find a friend and duo and you won't get nearly as many of these problems you guys claim you have.

Deleted
    I don't know why you guys think you can't gain rating as solo. I find it easiest to gain rating as solo lol

I climbed to plat before i bored, its easy just make sure your team has at least 2 tanks and 2 healers. the will most likely require you to fill ino one of those roles, you can't go around playing only genji and climb, at least not easly.

Also pick tanks and healers that are good for the maps/meta. you cant constantly play mercy every time. they have a reaper 76 or anyone else you need to stop from ulting fast pick Ana. Lucio is good on attack zen is good if you need extra damage for killing phara or tanks he can also help you live through Dot ults with his ult. i really dont play mercy on attack, atleast not untill we hit a choke point, most of the time the team is too spread for you to ult properly and you get the shit focuesed out of you

- - - Updated - - -

Also remeber mercy cna only heall one target at a time, i always having at least one aoe healer like Lucio or ana
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-16 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I climbed to plat before i bored, its easy just make sure your team has at least 2 tanks and 2 healers. the will most likely require you to fill ino one of those roles, you can't go around playing only genji and climb, at least not easly.

Also pick tanks and healers that are good for the maps/meta. you cant constantly play mercy every time. they have a reaper 76 or anyone else you need to stop from ulting fast pick Ana. Lucio is good on attack zen is good if you need extra damage for killing phara or tanks he can also help you live through Dot ults with his ult. i really dont play mercy on attack, atleast not untill we hit a choke point, most of the time the team is too spread for you to ult properly and you get the shit focuesed out of you

- - - Updated - - -

Also remeber mercy cna only heall one target at a time, i always having at least one aoe healer like Lucio or ana
    I climbed to Master from Platinum playing nothing but Mercy entirely through solo queue, gold healing every game regardless whether I competed against an Ana or Lucio, so you most definitely can. The whole "Mercy can only heal one at a time" goes for all healers except Lucio, and don't underestimate Mercy's ability to keep multiple people alive, she can switch target instantaneously and doesn't have any form of reload time, doesn't really need to aim and her beam can be used through walls for about a second before it breaks (which means you can maintain it by running in and out of cover).

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I climbed to Master from Platinum playing nothing but Mercy entirely through solo queue, gold healing every game regardless whether I competed against an Ana or Lucio, so you most definitely can. The whole "Mercy can only heal one at a time" goes for all healers except Lucio, and don't underestimate Mercy's ability to keep multiple people alive, she can switch target instantaneously and doesn't have any form of reload time, doesn't really need to aim and her beam can be used through walls for about a second before it breaks (which means you can maintain it by running in and out of cover).
    Not saying its not possible but as mercy you have to rely on your team not being garbo. Players in plat are significantly less garbo than those in bronze. Ana can sleep use aoe heal grande and her gun lets her soot rapid hots Lucio can aoe heal over extending idiots and run away, Zen can kill just about anything that comes for him with discord and a headshot or two. Mercy is the most team dependant. Granted i did the climb moths ago in 2 days so idk how much the meta has changed. All i know is being a flex pick worked well for before i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I climbed to plat before i bored, its easy just make sure your team has at least 2 tanks and 2 healers.

I get paired with trolls so consistently I could almost bet my life on the games I'm going to win or lose just by what my teammates pick. I play tank, healer or dps based on what the team needs, and I play my damned hardest trying to play the point and support the team and communicate when needed. And yet, I still get matched subpar players who autolock into sniper roles on non sniper maps, and then proceed to do poorly. 2 Losses in a row with a widow that couldn't take out pharah, both losses had a hanzo to go with that widow with a 3rd player locking into a dps instead of a much needed second tank or second healer. The third game before I gave up were a pair of Diamonds that queued together that picked bastion and torb on defense (really not that bad right?) but instead of setting up on point, they sat outside offensive spawn and died instantly then proceeded to not play the points the rest of the match. And somehow this "system" thinks I belong at this rating? With players like this? If that's the case then apparently it chooses me to get fucked every game or I'm the most unlucky person in the universe. I would take unskilled players choosing heros that support a good comp that want to work together over mediocre players who choose to do the opposite. At least the unskilled players are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    i literally almost cry when i play mercy in comp. my teammates keep dying and i keep ressing but when they get ressed, they start chasing the enemy for vengence, leaving the point or payload until they die 1 by 1 again. or sometimes an enemy genji focuses on me and our winston is busy killing their support to no avail because the enemy healers are well protected.

Deleted
    A lot of people make excuses in this thread. If you are stuck at a certain rating, you probably belong there. I reached Masters in S2. Never played S1. I just started playing in S2 and it took me around 70 hours to reach Masters. I think I got placed at around 2200. Lost all incentive for S3 since I already got my golden Pharah gun.

Tried this season again. Won 8 out of 10 placement matches and got placed at 3250. I'm now at 3550 and have an 87% winrate as Pharah in around 4 hours of playtime (Compared to my ~70h in S2). My total Pharah playtime is around 400h now.

It basicly comes down to 'get good' because I totally carried. Enemy team can't win if their healers are dead. And the hitscans in this skill rating I have no issues with. Was a breeze for me.

Deleted
    Well, yea, if YOU (which I actually don't even doubt) are one of those trolls, then it's already a lost cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    A lot of people make excuses in this thread. If you are stuck at a certain rating, you probably belong there. I reached Masters in S2. Never played S1. I just started playing in S2 and it took me around 70 hours to reach Masters. I think I got placed at around 2200. Lost all incentive for S3 since I already got my golden Pharah gun.

Tried this season again. Won 8 out of 10 placement matches and got placed at 3250. I'm now at 3550 and have an 87% winrate as Pharah in around 4 hours of playtime (Compared to my ~70h in S2). My total Pharah playtime is around 400h now.

It basicly comes down to 'get good' because I totally carried. Enemy team can't win if their healers are dead. And the hitscans in this skill rating I have no issues with. Was a breeze for me.
    Yea, that seems to be especially the case on lower ranks. For some reason most people playing gold/plat seem to think they belong to Master or something.

- - - Updated - - -

But you clearly don't understand how this game works whatsoever
    It's actually very simple how it works. You play better than your current rank, you get higher. It really is that simple in the end, no matter how many excuses you make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yea, if YOU (which I actually don't even doubt) are one of those trolls, then it's already a lost cause.
    Oh look, yet another baseless assumption and personal attack. May want to look into "growing up". Just a bit?

I mean I just came from a game where we had a Symmetra on attack, and despite being asked to swap,
    said person refused (not to mention, was a toxic fucker on top of that), so that absolutely cost us the game.

Trolls can absolutely cost people games. Its not that uncommon.

Yea, that seems to be especially the case on lower ranks. For some reason most people playing gold/plat seem to think they belong to Master or something.
    Maybe they do? I know, what an absurd thought.

It's actually very simple how it works. You play better than your current rank, you get higher. It really is that simple in the end, no matter how many excuses you make.
    Yes, because the playing of the other 5 people have no effect.

Oh wait.

Deleted
    Maybe they do? I know, what an absurd thought.
    If they did, they'd be there. That's not an absurd though at all. People who can't get out of that gold/plat level just tend to belong there, no matter how much they cry on forums.

If they did, they'd be there. That's not an absurd though at all. People who can't get out of that gold/plat level just tend to belong there, no matter how much they cry on forums.
    does having a win rate of > 50% enough for you too climb if you played enough games? i think it would take a lot more than > 50% because of the variability of SR points on wins and losses on your matches. maybe at least 60%?