Quote Originally Posted by Socce View Post
    First of all: How much haste do you currently have?
    Forgot to answer, I currently have 15% haste. But I dont have any tier sets as of now dinged 110 recently. I'm 884

- - - Updated - - -

I just got the cloak Whisper of the Nathrezim. How does this change my rotation/burst and stats? Is there any guide on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Forgot to answer, I currently have 15% haste. But I dont have any tier sets as of now dinged 110 recently. I'm 884

- - - Updated - - -

I just got the cloak Whisper of the Nathrezim. How does this change my rotation/burst and stats? Is there any guide on it?
    Well, to begin with, i think your haste is really low. I've got ring/cloak and i'm sitting at 23%. There's not really a trick i think when it comes to the usage of the cloak.

I myself set up a weak aura to track the 4 sec window in which i "must" use TV or DS. In order to use it that fast, u either need a lot of haste or need to be lucky with TFoJ procs (or ofc be bursting with crusade). Only certain thing is u go with TFoJ as the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by stelmat View Post
    Well, to begin with, i think your haste is really low. I've got ring/cloak and i'm sitting at 23%. There's not really a trick i think when it comes to the usage of the cloak.

I myself set up a weak aura to track the 4 sec window in which i "must" use TV or DS. In order to use it that fast, u either need a lot of haste or need to be lucky with TFoJ procs (or ofc be bursting with crusade). Only certain thing is u go with TFoJ as the talent.
    Alright so there actually is a proper way to use it. I just thought it was a niche leggy that you might use now and then.
    So it's used on both single target and AoE?

I thought the leggy was "Templars verdict increase your next divine storm" and DS increases next TV lol
    Last edited by Tyze; 2017-04-13 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Alright so there actually is a proper way to use it. I just thought it was a niche leggy that you might use now and then.
    So it's used on both single target and AoE?
    I'd argue that it's at least as good as the T19 2P by itself, and T19 2P is good. The way I have my setup in a single target fight, Templar's Verdict is literally half my damage.

It used to be important to track the cloak buff. Now there's not much wiggle-room with the 4 set bonus since we're dumping holy power earlier to avoid wasting it through procs. It's still useful but I rarely make any decisions based on it anymore. The importance of haste has gone down as well due to it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think outside of Crusade we need around 35% haste to get one more TV during a judgment window without procs? Which eats into our stat budget too much to even be worth going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It used to be important to track the cloak buff. Now there's not much wiggle-room with the 4 set bonus since we're dumping holy power earlier to avoid wasting it through procs. It's still useful but I rarely make any decisions based on it anymore. The importance of haste has gone down as well due to it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think outside of Crusade we need around 35% haste to get one more TV during a judgment window without procs? Which eats into our stat budget too much to even be worth going for.
    It's actually fine to "waste" it as long as you're not doing it too often, because the chance of it being a waste is not high anyway. If you know you're not going to extend cloak buff with your next finisher, better off banking to 4 or 5 anyway then using judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's actually fine to "waste" it as long as you're not doing it too often, because the chance of it being a waste is not high anyway. If you know you're not going to extend cloak buff with your next finisher, better off banking to 4 or 5 anyway then using judgment.
    I don't think you ever have to CS at 4 HoPo, though? I know I click DH at 3 HoPo a few times per fight, however. Holding on to Judgment to max HoPo doesn't feel worth it with 4 set unless you have low haste (below 20%). As long as you can TV the GCD after J, you should be good in most situations.

7+ Year Old Account
    OH BOY. Blessing of the Ashbringer nerf. Cheers Blizz, I just got that trait and now it's pretty shit. 2000 strength down to about 1280 for me.

Why do I still play this game. They can't balance anything and they obviously don't like Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    OH BOY. Blessing of the Ashbringer nerf. Cheers Blizz, I just got that trait and now it's pretty shit. 2000 strength down to about 1280 for me.

Why do I still play this game. They can't balance anything and they obviously don't like Paladins.
    It's early in PTR. They're probably just undertuning it atm and seeing how far it goes with Tomb gear. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 5% by the end, or compensated us in some other way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I don't think you ever have to CS at 4 HoPo, though? I know I click DH at 3 HoPo a few times per fight, however. Holding on to Judgment to max HoPo doesn't feel worth it with 4 set unless you have low haste (below 20%). As long as you can TV the GCD after J, you should be good in most situations.
    Sometimes you won't be able to get a finisher off after the judgment, so if the buff is gonna fall off anyway, it's better to use all the HP generators you have available up to 4 or 5 (if possible), then judgment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post

Uhh, looks like they're balancing things pretty well if they're adjusting it.
    Bear in mind that the PTR is subject to change, they're likely looking for the sweet spot.

Why DO you still play this game?
    You obviously don't know very much about how things are done, all you seem to want to do is whine about things you scarcely understand.

Ret has been Blizzard's golden child for years now. It is one of the specs by which other specs are tuned. To say they "obviously don't like paladins" reads more to me like, "you obviously don't play a Paladin well".

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Bear in mind that the PTR is subject to change, they're likely looking for the sweet spot.

You obviously don't know very much about how things are done, all you seem to want to do is whine about things you scarcely understand.

Ret has been Blizzard's golden child for years now. It is one of the specs by which other specs are tuned. To say they "obviously don't like paladins" reads more to me like, "you obviously don't play a Paladin well".
    just f lol where is storm when you need him.. you obviously started playing ret like 2 months ago

Deleted
    Well, we got new sources of legendaries (legionfall turn in, Broken Shore Rares, Invasions, Paragon chests, etc.), so we not only have a higher chance naturally, our bad luck protection also stacks up faster.

Sadly for me, still neither cloak nor belt, but I got bracers and boots this patch, as if blizz wants me to play holy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

Do not mistake dirt and feces for gold, would you please kindly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    just f lol where is storm when you need him.. you obviously started playing ret like 2 months ago
    Have no fear, Storm is here!~

- - - Updated - - -

An incredibly fine point was mentioned on bnet forums and so I want to bring it forth here.

Judge unlogical and slightly Greater judgement.
    What's the point of the latter as a talent when literally everyone will have the former as a passive trait?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    An incredibly fine point was mentioned on bnet forums and so I want to bring it forth here.

Judge unlogical and slightly Greater judgement.
    What's the point of the latter as a talent when literally everyone will have the former as a passive trait?
    Pretty much what I was thinking. It needs a change now more than ever lol. Zeal's also not that great either tbh, at least for me with the legendary cloak and as a result finishers are so much of my damage, I don't even consider Zeal anymore either. I'm not sure if that's the case for non-cloak users, but for me, there's only one good choice.

Retribution
    Blessing of the Ashbringer now grants 4% strength (was 2000 strength).
    Because ret is really in dire need of a nerf...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Because ret is really in dire need of a nerf...?
    To be fair it's only a ~500 str nerf right now but once you get concorance and ToS gear it will be a buff. It also helps so it won't fall behind later on due to not scaling with gear. It's a good change tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    To be fair it's only a ~500 str nerf right now but once you get concorance and ToS gear it will be a buff. It also helps so it won't fall behind later on due to not scaling with gear. It's a good change tbh.
    Unbuffed I have 32k or so strength, so it's nearly a 800 str loss for me.
    To make it even with current version, we have to accumulate at least 50k str in ToS gear.
    Do you find it feasible?And as for non-mythic Dragonslayers?

What's good to it?
    The fact that it scales?
    Yes, the idea is good. But fine tuning is crucial as to not make this change obsolete, and, in the end, more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Unbuffed I have 32k or so strength, so it's nearly a 800 str loss for me.
    To make it even with current version, we have to accumulate at least 50k str in ToS gear.
    Do you find it feasible?And as for non-mythic Dragonslayers?

What's good to it?
    The fact that it scales?
    Yes, the idea is good. But fine tuning is crucial as to not make this change obsolete, and, in the end, more harm than good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's early in PTR. They're probably just undertuning it atm and seeing how far it goes with Tomb gear. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 5% by the end, or compensated us in some other way.
    To add onto this, it also gives strength on gear more value, with one problem being that secondary stats are so powerful atm. They probably felt this helped that as well.

Still a huge huge huge PvP nerf where ret already isn't exactly shining.

As far as getting more legendaries, it's because your BLP is stacking super fast now. Every skull mob killed on broken shore counts, every chest looted on broken shore counts, every legionfall turn in is the equivalent of an emissary cache (large amount of BLP), etc.