Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I personally think it should only be available to people who get or have gotten it it from the original raid. its meant to be rare and exclusive, Why do many of you expect it to be a handout? 5% drop rate per glaive and the TW raid should drop the same ones at the same drop rate if they're going to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    The whole special snowflake syndrome is out of the game for like 10 years anyway, who cares how many demon hunters are gonna have it.
    it devalues the original legendary immensely if every demon hunter and his mother can go get it easier than relinquished tokens from the broken shore, i dont think blizz would invalidate such a iconic weapon like that so easily

I don't think it's gonna be related to having farmed the original warglaives. While I hope it wouldn't be something as simple as a handout, this also wouldn't make sense. They class restricted it to Demon Hunters, for obvious reasons. Making the arsenal item tied to the acquisition of the original warglaives would mean a DH would have to repeatedly go and kill their leader every week. Something completely askew lore wise, yet they very obviously only want DHs to have these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I really want to know if this will be an updated version or if it'll be the old model from BT. I really really hope it's updated a bit. I also hope the weapon sheaths the right way on our backs.
    This, ENTIRELY. Couldn't agree more.

As one of the players who farmed so long and finally get the warglaives set. I personally hope Blizzard can do something for rewarding players who have got the achievement of collecting the warglaives, at least another way for getting the transmog I really don't want to see if the transmog is only simply a RNG drop.

Would hope it's a low af drop rate and they add a color variation of say "requires original warglaives to unlock this color"

They're not going to have a restriction related to the original item on a class that did not exist when the original item dropped. That's pretty much guaranteed - I do hope, however, that it's the same style of rare drop and not a guaranteed item or high drop chance for DH. Some legendaries should stay relatively legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    The whole special snowflake syndrome is out of the game for like 10 years anyway, who cares how many demon hunters are gonna have it.
    Considering it's not an item from a limited-time event -- and still obtainable in the game -- there's nothing wrong with a droprate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkaaa View Post
    It seems it's only for DH too which is awesome.
    This is actually something I'm extremely disappointed with, my Rogue has had the Warglaives for years, they were originally meant for Rogues and Fury Warriors too, why should she not also be able to use the appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    its cool but wait for the rampage of angry other classes -.-
    I'm here now, you can stop waiting (but I do also have DH that I play regularly, so, yeah).

I hope this starts a trend for letting other legendaries be used as apperances, my Hunter has Thori'dal, The Stars' Fury, which is the most beautiful damn bow in the game, and assuming they fix it's auto shot animation at some point (they broke it when Legion launched, it now shares the silly lightning bolt animation with Titanstrike, the BM artifact gun), also has amazing effects, and I would LOVE for her to be able to transmog it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-15 at 06:43 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Will be using it as a Tank and Challenging as a DPS.

However it will be kinda sad if Black Temple Timewalking is temporary like other timewalking dungeons. it will mean we will havelike 1 chance per month or so of gettin the glaives D:
    The PTR notes mention that it will active with Burning Crusade timewalking, so even less often than that, maybe every 8-10 weeks?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This is actually something I'm extremely disappointed with, my Rogue has had the Warglaives for years, they were originally meant for Rogues and Fury Warriors too, why should she not also be able to use the appearance?

I'm here now, you can stop waiting (but I do also have DH that I play regularly, so, yeah).

I hope this starts a trend for letting other legendaries be used as apperances, my Hunter has Thori'dal, The Stars' Fury, which is the most beautiful damn bow in the game, and assuming they fix it's auto shot animation at some point (they broke it when Legion launched, it now shares the silly lightning bolt animation with Titanstrike, the BM artifact gun), also has amazing effects, and I would LOVE for her to be able to transmog it.
    Rogues get thunderfury already.. why should they get warglaives? Also, warglaives are a demon hunter only weapon type now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewall View Post
    Rogues get thunderfury already...
    They got a very meh reskin of it that looks only vaguely like Thunderfury.

why should they get warglaives?
    1. Fury warriors also should too.

2. Because they were originally wielded by Rogues and Warriors, they have just as much right to a skin for them as DH do.

Also, warglaives are a demon hunter only weapon type now.
    Good for them, the Warglaives of Azzinoth were and are still classified as swords in game and can still be equipped by Warriors and Rogues.

And you can bet your sweet ass once this expansion ends and Artifact weapons are left behind, warglaives as a weapon type will be opened up to all Agi classes or just be made as swords... They aren't going to have weapon drops in game that only 1 class can use.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-15 at 07:21 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    They got a very meh reskin of it that looks only vaguely like Thunderfury.

1. Fury warriors also should too.

2. Because they were originally wielded by Rogues and Warriors, they have just as much right to a skin for them as DH do.

Good for them, the Warglaives of Azzinoth were and are still classified as swords in game and can still be equipped by Warriors and Rogues.

And you can bet your sweet ass once this expansion ends and Artifact weapons are left behind, Warglaives as a weapon type will be opened up to all Agi classes or just be made as swords... They arent going to have weapon drops in game that only 1 class can use.
    A rogue and warrior using glaives wouldn't look right, they don't have the animations to support it nor does it make any sense lore wise. They can continue using the ones from TBC so i don't see the problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    A rogue and warrior using glaives wouldn't look right, they don't have the animations to support it
    They have had animations that worked perfectly fine with them since the game launched, the same ones they used in TBC.

nor does it make any sense lore wise.
    Are you trying to tell me that the lore doesn't support people learning how to use new weapons? LOL

Also, they have known how to use them since they got them in BC, so it DOES make perfect sense lore wise.

Rogues and warriors can continue using the ones from TBC so i don't see the problem here.
    And yet they aren't allowed to transmog them, and you don't see a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, dataminining indicates that timewalking BT is not LFR. Which very well means it may be a massive pain
    The datamined drops are ilvl 850, so it can't very well be hard to do. I do hope though that it isn't some super rare drop simply because of the rotation of timewalking. All in all, this should have been the challenge skin.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have had animations that worked perfectly fine with them since the game launched, the same ones they used in TBC.

Are you trying to tell me that the lore doesn't support people learning how to use new weapons? LOL

Also, they have known how to use them since they got them in BC, so it DOES make perfect sense lore wise.

And yet they aren't allowed to transmog them, and you don't see a problem with that?
    With the new animations i wouldnt say that they work fine anymore. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/80654423?t=33m21s <-- maybe this will help?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new animations i wouldnt say that they work fine anymore.
    I have them, they work fine.

Also, this is like saying DH don't have the animations to use swords and axes, so they shouldn't be able to transmog them over their glaives... They can, they still use the glaive animations with said swords and axes, and it looks perfectly fine, just like the current sword animations look fine with glaives.

It doesn't, if the old ones can still be equipped and used as swords, they should be able to be transmogged over swords.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-15 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    And you can bet your sweet ass once this expansion ends and Artifact weapons are left behind, warglaives as a weapon type will be opened up to all Agi classes or just be made as swords... They aren't going to have weapon drops in game that only 1 class can use.
    What about Hunters?

Could all the rogues and warr GET THE FUCK OUT ? Warglaives are made for Demon Hunters not for you , Rogues got a FREE Thunderfury , Waglaives WILL BE WITH HIGH DROP CHANCE , AND ALL ROGUE AND WARRS GTFO ASAP FROM HERE .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    Could all the rogues and warr GET THE FUCK OUT ? Warglaives are made for Demon Hunters not for you , Rogues got a FREE Thunderfury , Waglaives WILL BE WITH HIGH DROP CHANCE , AND ALL ROGUE AND WARRS GTFO ASAP FROM HERE .
    In the official forum all classes, which can equip WoA are complaining about only DH use

I got them with my DH. I did run every single week in BT to loot them and it happened. I don't care if I can't raid with them but I can wear them every single minute in the rest time of the game :P.
    If this will be a very low droprate in Timewalking BT - f**k you Blizzard!
    Behind this glaives should be a big story when DH get them but this will not happen .
    Last edited by mmoc3a30ab9f73; 2017-04-15 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it will be a specific Order Hall quest for DH's to go to Black Temple and get the Warglaives from Illidian.

Could be kinda cool, though I do not know why they would want to go back and kill their master.

The whole Timewalking Black Temple as a Demon Hunter makes my head hurt...

Hope those who actually have the 2 legendaries from BT get this instead of having to farm it again...Because if you can transmog one and not the other one, then I guess spending all that time farming the ones from BT was for nothing then?
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"