Invasions should have been more over-the-top and not autowin

The Legion is a huge inter-dimensional army. Why can't they spare something more impressive than a few measly wyrmtongues to assault a zone? Why can't there be a huge fleet of spaceships that we have to fight, an even bigger command ship with a fully fleshed out interior that we have to fight through to get to the commander of the invasion? Why can't all the invading mobs be elite with Timeless Isle style 1 shot abilities that have to be dodged or interrupted? Why can't the Legion actually occupy towns and strongholds so that we have to liberate them? Why can't there be a zone-wide tug of war between the players and the Legion with the latter actually having a chance of winning and occupying the zone so that we have to liberate it later?

These so-called "invasions" are a massive step down from pre-event invasions. Why is Blizzard afraid to innovate? Why is Blizzard afraid to give us fun gameplay?

So, about these "over the top invasions". What kind of reward are you supposed to receive? A legendary?
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    So, about these "over the top invasions". What kind of reward are you supposed to receive? A legendary?
    Took one whole post to move on to "WHATS MY REWARD!?!?!?!"

Jesus. How about something fun and different being its own reward.

I'd like it if we could LOSE on one of the invasions.

Maybe we'd lose on Azsuna and parts of it would be completely overrun, with different world quests\stories going forward for the next few months.

It's really not exciting to 'always win'. Hell, destroy Thunder Totem for some impact on the world and story.

I don't care about the rewards, just having the story unfold in a more surprising and dynamic way.

They take over lvl'ing zones so they can't be too hard given the wide array of lvls and gear that participate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Casual players had cried for new content for years. Turned out all they wanted was free gear and loot, not fun.
    It's sad that playerbase embraced gear as the only measure to content being good. I would rather see more vanity items\achievements\titles\transmog as a rewards for casual gameplay. But hey, its too late now.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

It's like player incentive isn't a thing.

OP's idea is a cool one, but people in WoW currently don't just do content without a reward, ie new gear,legendary or ap.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

I wish people would be happy with that. Unfortunately they wouldn't. If they made stuff "to hard" people would complain about it. Make it too easy, people complain about it. Put it somewhere in the middle, people would still complain about it. I like the ideas I'm seeing about maybe losing the zones and such or at least for a while and having more of a interactive gameplay. New quests, command hubs to try and take back the zones, etc. But guess what, people would complain about that too. WoW literally has got to have one of the worst communities when it comes to complaints, what they actually want, etc.

How the heck is blizzard just going to turn off a zone and stop a player from leveling their 100-109 in said zone.
    There's a lot of problems with OP's idea..

Deleted
    How the heck is blizzard just going to turn off a zone and stop a player from leveling their 100-109 in said zone.
    There's a lot of problems with OP's idea..
    Yeah, phasing is a unknown thingy....

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Yeah, phasing is a unknown thingy....
    So how would I be able to help my lvl 106 friend?

i got a titanforged 895 with socket from the last boss in invasion scenario so its chilly

If they threw the actual number of demons the Legion could probably muster at us, the servers would die a horrible death.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    If they threw the actual number of demons the Legion could probably muster at us, the servers would die a horrible death.
    Did you play back when they first released Oondasta, the server crasher? Good times.

It's like player incentive isn't a thing.

OP's idea is a cool one, but people in WoW currently don't just do content without a reward, ie new gear,legendary or ap.
    That's not true. A lot of us do it for the story and to see how things fan out. The problem is REPEAT content needs a reward for doing exactly the same thing. Once I have seen the story, why should I do it again? If LFR didn't give legendary chance and AP/Gold, why the hell would I ever run it?