Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A true collector would have per-ordered.

I am lucky to have one - gf has been able to snatch one when it released. Now i'm goign to keep it religiously.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Sort of glad I still have my new NES model laying around still.

Between emulators, existing NES systems on Ebay, and all the misc knock offs, not sure why people are sad over this. As if there's no other way to play NES games, especially for much less money than it takes to buy one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Sort of glad I still have my new NES model laying around still.

Between emulators, existing NES systems on Ebay, and all the misc knock offs, not sure why people are sad over this. As if there's no other way to play NES games, especially for much less money than it takes to buy one of these.
    Besides pirating, It was the cheapest way to play all these games and IMO a cool collector item.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Nintendo literally hates money.
    I just don't get it.
    after how many decades, you haven't figured it out yet?

They're going to seal this away in readying another piece of plastic and circuitry for you to buy later!

Trust me, this will be back in another 10 years... cuz Nintendo is the new Apple. They know they can slap their name on their most basic shit and people will buy it regardless...

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to buy one as well but these things are so rare and scalpers were all over that in no time seriously fuck scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    after how many decades, you haven't figured it out yet?

They're going to seal this away in readying another piece of plastic and circuitry for you to buy later!

Trust me, this will be back in another 10 years... cuz Nintendo is the new Apple. They know they can slap their name on their most basic shit and people will buy it regardless...
    this cant be discounted at all. Nintendo is literally the new apple or the video game = of it. People literally buy anything branded nintendo regardless of features reviews or specs and eat it up. If playstation or xbox released a console with as limited features as the switch with ONE major title they would laugh and say outright it wasnt worth it. But if its nintendo OMG GOTA HAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    this cant be discounted at all. Nintendo is literally the new apple or the video game = of it. People literally buy anything branded nintendo regardless of features reviews or specs and eat it up. If playstation or xbox released a console with as limited features as the switch with ONE major title they would laugh and say outright it wasnt worth it. But if its nintendo OMG GOTA HAVE.
    Erm...the 3DS at launch and the entirety of the Wii U say sup.

Let's try not to be shitty to fans of other consoles, shall we?

Deleted
    I dont get it. Why do nintendo hate money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    A true collector would have per-ordered.
    This is an awesome joke right?

Funny if so. If serious I would remind you that Nintendo infamously DID NOT allow preorders for the NES classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Erm...the 3DS at launch and the entirety of the Wii U say sup.

Let's try not to be shitty to fans of other consoles, shall we?
    i own all of thier consoles including a virtual boy except for the switch right now. Im a fan of thier consoles, im not a fan of thier buisness practices. And all the people i know that have goten a switch mimic the reasons i get from apple product buyers i know.

i own all of thier consoles including a virtual boy except for the switch right now. Im a fan of thier consoles, im not a fan of thier buisness practices. And all the people i know that have goten a switch mimic the reasons i get from apple product buyers i know.
    People really like apple products so they buy the new iphone?

People really like Zelda so they bought the new system to play it on?

Amazing logic.

Zeta really likes Halo, he bought an Xbox to play it on. Seems you're just like an apple consumer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People really like apple products so they buy the new iphone?

People really like Zelda so they bought the new system to play it on?

Amazing logic.

Zeta really likes Halo, he bought an Xbox to play it on. Seems you're just like an apple consumer as well.
    and yet if sony or microsoft had released a console with as few features and as little of a lineup as nintendo did they would get crucified.

This is an awesome joke right?

Funny if so. If serious I would remind you that Nintendo infamously DID NOT allow preorders for the NES classic.
    Regardless there is still the clear fact that they only supplied like 1/10th of the demand (random number but it's obviously still sought after). Nintendo seems to favor scalpers over consumers.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    IMO it's more of a novelty item. The true collector has a working NES with cartridges that have had their batteries replaced. Absolutely nothing like the original hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget that this was always a limited time item as they want people to buy these same games on their Switch VC.
    and yet we dont have even a mention from them of thier VC or if thier VC will continue the shity fucking practices and rules it has in the past.

and yet if sony or microsoft had released a console with as few features and as little of a lineup as nintendo did they would get crucified.
    Oh yea, those launch lineups of the Xbox One and PS4 where fucking balls out amazing

In case you didn't get the sarcasm, they both sucked ass. Last gen port jobs galore, mediocre exclusives. The only reason I owned both at launch was 1) I'm a Dead Rising fan boy(or was at the time, 2 games later I'm not any longer) and 2) Sports games. NBA2k14 was pretty much the only true next gen experience that was a good game on both platforms at launch.

I can point out flaws in Nintendo for days, and I don't even own a Switch. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of your statements where you think one person's shallow reasons for early adopting are worse then your own.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-15 at 08:41 AM.

Oh yea, those launch lineups of the Xbox One and PS4 where fucking balls out amazing

In case you didn't get the sarcasm, they both sucked ass. Last gen port jobs galore, mediocre exclusives. The only reason I owned both at launch was 1) I'm a Dead Rising fan boy(or was at the time, 2 games later I'm not any longer) and 2) Sports games. NBA2k14 was pretty much the only true next gen experience that was a good game on both platforms at launch.

I can point out flaws in Nintendo for days, and I don't even own a Switch. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of your statements where you think one person's shallow reasons for early adopting are worse then your own.
    I dont agree with the reasons but i never said they were worse than mine. I just commented that i see the same brand loyalty with nintendo nowadays that i see with apple regardless of the products quality.

I dont agree with the reasons but i never said they were worse than mine. I just commented that i see the same brand loyalty with nintendo nowadays that i see with apple regardless of the products quality.
    Yes, but you have no brand loyalty right?

Brand loyalty only applies to apple and Nintendo, because then it doesn't apply to you

The sooner you realize everyone has their own bias and stop acting like you're better then anyone else because they purchased a product you don't see value in, the sooner you can get back to enjoying your own gaming.

It's one thing to criticize Nintendo. It's one thing to point out flaws in a system.

It's an entirely different matter to act like you're better then someone because "lul dumb brand loyalist bought this shit product".

Yes, but you have no brand loyalty right?

Brand loyalty only applies to apple and Nintendo, because then it doesn't apply to you

The sooner you realize everyone has their own bias and stop acting like you're better then anyone else because they purchased a product you don't see value in, the sooner you can get back to enjoying your own gaming.
    did i ever say that i dont have brand loyalty? And did i say that im better than everyone else?

Deleted
    I still got about 4 real NES systems just lying around... every once in a while I test them (and my other old consoles) and they go back in the box for another two years or so