Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Affixes made harder, wtf is up with 50% explosive orb damage lol.
    Most affixes have been nerfed considerably (necrotic, bolstering, tyrannical, fortified, volcanic - just to name a few). Explosive is easy to deal with if you have a quick clicking tank, and if you want to pull more agressively, one fast clicking melee.
    It slows 3+ runs down a bit, but not pushing for high keys (15+) where you don't pull that many mobs anyways.

Stunned or otherwise cc'ed mobs don't spawn explosive btw.

Random schedule on Invasions (i work and have family, have seen only two so far!).
    They are always exactly 12.5h apart, not random. You can look up where the next few ill be beforehand.

Sick of 10 minute fights, as Raid bosses don't go down noticably quicker as we get more powerful.
    There is only one 10m+ fight in NH, namely Gul'dan on nhc und hc. Even on Mythic, very few bosses approach 10m+. And yes, they go down significantly faster if people can utlizise their gear.

It shouldn't be that easy for late bloomers to catch up/exceed the majority of people who have played since the start.
    Yes it should# In fact it should be even easier. Gearing alts/ gearing late starters has never been so difficult and its actually a detriment to the game. you literally have to play your main and have to play one role or you fall behind. The current catch-ups are only band-aid fixes to a horribly broken system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    First off, delusional? Are you kidding? Let's keep the ad-hominem to a minimum, if you can manage.

I've played WoW more or less happily for over a decade, so it's tough to argue the game isn't for me.
    I can care about the game while still voicing my concerns for the direction it's been heading in.

Me and the millions of other players who never raided, or did so sparingly, back in Vanilla/BC/WOTLK were perfectly happy with the game and its content because the rest of the game wasn't completely trivialized by the developers. Back then the game still had a tier content system. Quest to max level. Do heroics for the occasional upgrade and for the currency that guaranteed you a decent upgrade eventually. Once you've farmed a decent set from that content, then you tried your luck at raiding. I was still farming Karazan happily when Sunwell was out, and once I geared in Karazan I went to SSC/Gruuls Lair/Tempest Keep. I eventually made my way up to Black Temple and didn't even have enough time to see Sunwell before Wrath of the Lich King dropped. This was back before the "raiding for all" ideology flooded the Blizzard dev team. Now as soon as the new raid is out, there are catch up mechanics that render all previous raids obsolete. No reason to farm EN for 860s when I can get 900+ from a few world quests/bosses.

Endgame used to be just that: Endgame. What you did at the end of the game when you beat everything else. Raiding was still endgame when it took longer than a weekend to be raid-ready. The problem is that now you beat everything else in a matter of a few days and naturally get burnt out after doing the same raid for months on end. Obviously it's necessary for content to be repetitive, but that needs to be spread out over more content.
    This guy speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    First off, delusional? Are you kidding? Let's keep the ad-hominem to a minimum, if you can manage.

I've played WoW more or less happily for over a decade, so it's tough to argue the game isn't for me.
    I can care about the game while still voicing my concerns for the direction it's been heading in.

Me and the millions of other players who never raided, or did so sparingly, back in Vanilla/BC/WOTLK were perfectly happy with the game and its content because the rest of the game wasn't completely trivialized by the developers. Back then the game still had a tier content system. Quest to max level. Do heroics for the occasional upgrade and for the currency that guaranteed you a decent upgrade eventually. Once you've farmed a decent set from that content, then you tried your luck at raiding. I was still farming Karazan happily when Sunwell was out, and once I geared in Karazan I went to SSC/Gruuls Lair/Tempest Keep. I eventually made my way up to Black Temple and didn't even have enough time to see Sunwell before Wrath of the Lich King dropped. This was back before the "raiding for all" ideology flooded the Blizzard dev team. Now as soon as the new raid is out, there are catch up mechanics that render all previous raids obsolete. No reason to farm EN for 860s when I can get 900+ from a few world quests/bosses.

Endgame used to be just that: Endgame. What you did at the end of the game when you beat everything else. Raiding was still endgame when it took longer than a weekend to be raid-ready. The problem is that now you beat everything else in a matter of a few days and naturally get burnt out after doing the same raid for months on end. Obviously it's necessary for content to be repetitive, but that needs to be spread out over more content.
    I agree with this to a certain extent.

Back in vanilla, i was happy grinding dungeons for my Dungeon set, i eventually got them except for the chest piece from UBRS, then a 10man raid. I was leading raids into UBRS til the end of vanilla, i never saw BWL/AQ/Onyxia/Naxx but as i got my dungeon set, my dps got better.

Eventually i was working to get them upgraded to Tier 0.5 when BC came out. BC is where there are differing opinions on the raids, on one hand, raids were accessible, more people started raiding as gear was relatively easier to farm. On the other hand, there were no catch up mechanics, you had to run new raiders or alts through Kara, then work your way up to SSC/TK and BT. Keeping raids relevant is fine but there needs to be a catch up for newly levelled toons.

Which is where WoTLK came in, you can get raid ready by doing the rep grinds that gave you gear and enchants, heroics also made you raid ready for Naxx, which was very very accessible in the expac. Then you had relevant achievements like Undying, keeping it "fresh" while ensuring new toons were geared fast. You also had the token system instead of BC's tier gear drop system where you had to wait for your class tier loot. WoTLK had a good balance of dungeon difficulty, replayability and gearing.

WoTLK was easier to gear and the raids/dungeons weren't super complicated, coining the term Wrath Babies. Then came Cata, they wanted to make dungeons harder again like in BC, we all know how that turned out. I skipped the latter part of Cata, completely skipped MoP due to burn out and came back for WoD, that was a mistake.

Right now, they made gearing faster at the expense of raids and with mythic keystones, but the bigger problem is the AP grind. Previous expacs, if they made class balance shifts, no problem, simply equip your alternate gear and continue on, the weapons were already there, maybe you can upgrade them but that was it, switching specs was as easy as clicking a button.

Now, when they make class balance shifts, good luck to you, first you have to pray that you have the relevant legendaries AND grind enough AP to make your weapon relevant AND have the appropriate relics to get your trait and ilvl up. That's the real problem, someone starting the game today would have no problem getting to 860-ish ilvl but they would be forever behind everyone else who started the AK research early and was farming AP since launch.

End game being accessible and relevant for the whole expac is up for debate, but this AP style grind is not fun, especially if they make sudden shifts in balance. The legendary system has been beaten to death so i won't bother about that, suffice to say, it sucks donkey balls.

I love Legion, its good but the AP/Legendary system is so annoying. I play a fire mage, then a frost mage, and right now, its not looking good for us come 7.2.5, i've been casually farming AP because I just don't enjoy it and it's a chore. Ever since they added the Diablo 3 devs to the WoW team, it's becoming World of Diablo.