Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Good thing we almost started a war over a parade.
    I'll accept "almost". Considering the other options Trump dumped on the table before hitting the golf course and tweeting. At least for now, the threat of war has dropped from three fronts (North Koera and China, Syria/Iran and Russia, and within the US) down to two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That is because people ignore the cases that worked - Japan, Germany, Grenada to name a few.
    You call that smooth regime changes? Anyway, what else could you name, you know since you named just a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

It was just a parade! All that bluster, those threats of pre-emptive strikes, moving fleets of ships, and the big show was just a big show.

North Korea wins this round. Bigly.
    It wasn't about the parade at all, it was about the planned nuclear test - for which the plans, for all we know, haven't changed a single bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    And how will you feel if attacking them leads to them launching a nuke and killing millions of people?
    A single nuclear weapon would not kill millions of people, plus it would have to survive several ABM systems in the region.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    Okay, so cheeto walked back away from his threats to strike after test. Though I've got some thoughts.

That's new. Looks like it's two-stage mobile ICBM. Though, the missile represents a real design, but as far as we know has not yet been test-launched. And they got into mass production without test-launching. Thaaaat alwaaays woooorks weeeell.

@Skroe, sorry to tag you in, but what about the possibility of deploying missile defense in Japan and South Korea? Your thoughts? That should effectively void NK's threats to launch ICBM rockets.
    In theory current ABM systems positioned close enough to the launch point that are fully prepared to initiate snap intercepts can hit ICBMs in the boost phase. Its not something easy to do long term though.

The thing is .. North Korea is getting stronger every year
    At some stage the USA and its Allies will have to tackle the issue of a dangerous getting highly dangerous NK

Maybe diplomatically they can be tamed, but I cannot see that happening unless the US sends over Dennis Rodman (one of Kims Mates),
    to maybe talk some sense with him.. I know Dennis Rodman is a Trump fan..so it might just work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You call that smooth regime changes? Anyway, what else could you name, you know since you named just a few.
    Yes, I don't see how US could have made it significantly smoother for the same (or better) outcome, and in a thread about Korea I could name S. Korea.

The point is that there is almost always outside interference in countries - and some thrive and some don't; to then blame the failures on the US (and the west) is to give the US too much credit - and the locals too little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I do not think that have this reach and i doubt that this 100% operative but some pages show that the taepodong-2 can reach all the west coast
    One can hope so as America will be all the better after losing a few states in that region for it's imperialistic warmongering.

All hail glorious dear leader!!

North Korea displays submarine-based missiles

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It wasn't about the parade at all, it was about the planned nuclear test - for which the plans, for all we know, haven't changed a single bit.
    Exactly. They can parade and strut around like a fat turkey all they want. But the nuclear tests is what is the real concern. Developing a hydrogen bomb is a grave concern. China has taken some good steps by turning back the coal tankers and also temporarily halting shipment of oil to N. Korea. This is the non military action that will work. Economic pressure from China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guys

Its Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well guys

Its Saturday
    Parade of some sort over there, but no nukes, or testing of nukes.
    I guess China's little admonition to drop the aggressive shit sunk in.

NK submarine missile launch

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    The thing is .. North Korea is getting stronger every year
    At some stage the USA and its Allies will have to tackle the issue of a dangerous getting highly dangerous NK

Maybe diplomatically they can be tamed, but I cannot see that happening unless the US sends over Dennis Rodman (one of Kims Mates),
    to maybe talk some sense with him.. I know Dennis Rodman is a Trump fan..so it might just work.

Thats always been the most major issue.

N Korea refuses to take part in any sort of diplomacy outside of "Give us shit or get out"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    And the Supreme Leader Kim Jong un will be smiling all the way

Aww, how could a face like that start a nuclear apocalypse?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So I guess the combination of:

Syrian Tomahawk Strike
    Afghanistan MOAB
    Chinese threats + Coal Ban
    US+Japanese Armada
    US threat to redeploy nukes in South Korea + Threat of Striking if North Korea does another test.

They had the desired impact. North Korea backed down, for the moment.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-04-15 at 02:54 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    More like fat boy is still manipulating the spray tan off Don Cheeto. Distractions on top of distraction
    S

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Donny is doing this all while looking at his poll numbers. Johnson had a bad habit of looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    When did North Korea say there would be a nuclear test, again? I'll be honest, I missed it. All I saw was announcement about a "big story".

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    battlegroup Carl Vinson will not stay in vicinity forever ? Kim will troll you bigly.