Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Currently in love my my Salarian Operator. Though I wish more players would recognize to focus Invasion'd targets. xD I wouldn't mind a tiny icon showing targets afflicted by a damage taken debuff.
    Makes me wonder how it stacks with things like Annihilation and offensive biotics weakness traits. Pull could also get tossed in, but anything you WANT a dmg boost against is immune to pull >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Who would win Reapers or Remnant?

I'm hoping some reapers followed them to Andromida as Kett don't really scream end of the galaxy like a reaper does :S
    Kett aren't supposed to represent 'end of the galaxy' nor is the stuff we're dealing with in Andromeda intended to be tonally similar to the original games. The big 'struggle' is finding homes for the 100k who made the trip, and the Kett aren't trying to maliciously exterminate everyone - they actually believe that Exaltation is a gift and a blessing to lesser races.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Who would win Reapers or Remnant?

I'm hoping some reapers followed them to Andromida as Kett don't really scream end of the galaxy like a reaper does :S
    It's stated pretty explicitly in the game that what we're dealing with is merely a vanguard research project of sorts deployed to exalt the cluster, with a pretty hands off approach from their senate, being content with occasional status reports. What the initiative is fighting isn't the full brunt force of the kett.

If the kett were to deploy a fleet of warships to assault the Nexus, like heavy cruisers and dreadnoughts, the initiative would be in some seriously hot water given that they seem to at least on par with the milky way species technologically
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-04-15 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Makes me wonder how it stacks with things like Annihilation and offensive biotics weakness traits. Pull could also get tossed in, but anything you WANT a dmg boost against is immune to pull >.<
    I'm sure it'd be additive. Currently, with my support systems at rank 6 for the weakness trait and Invasion together. I think it closes in on 50-60% damage taken increased.

It feels great melting Fiends, Hydra, Ascendants, etc.

Currently using a Hurricane. But considering other pistols.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind a tiny icon showing targets afflicted by a damage taken debuff.
    My Kinecticist wouldn't mind a tiny icon so I know I'm ready to hit Ascension rather than simply pressing the melee key and hoping.

Being in Ascension, you've got lightning and other dark energy (as it is in game, not scientifically) effects going on, so that's fine.
    Putin khuliyo

Beat the game for the first time this morning and it was great. I played on normal mode, but want to do some new game+ playthroughs on Insanity. Going to hold off though and wait for more patches and dlc. Hopefully the first dlc will be about the Quarians, the transmission from their ark at the end of the game sounds very interesting.

i missed the chest in the havarl vault because i didn't realize i needed to kill all the remnant in the other room for the middle door to open. Wasted too much time panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    My Kinecticist wouldn't mind a tiny icon so I know I'm ready to hit Ascension rather than simply pressing the melee key and hoping.

Being in Ascension, you've got lightning and other dark energy (as it is in game, not scientifically) effects going on, so that's fine.
    You should notice part of that effect showing up early, meaning you're ready for ascension. I notice less intense lightning around the kineticist when she is ready to use Ascension.

---------

I'm sure this will be considered poor taste. But would utilizing No-Clip be possible to return to vaults to grab any missed Remnant Cores? Or is it possible to return normally? I actually haven't tried yet. I believe that's all I'm missing at this point.

I'm sure it'd be additive. Currently, with my support systems at rank 6 for the weakness trait and Invasion together. I think it closes in on 50-60% damage taken increased.

It feels great melting Fiends, Hydra, Ascendants, etc.

Currently using a Hurricane. But considering other pistols.
    The big thing is that some of the effects state +% damage taken, and others say -% defense and all seem to say they augment damage in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the "building shaders" thing anyway? Every now and then, the game would be "building shaders" for ~5 minutes when loading a save, on a fast SSD at that. Is this something happening every time a new minor patch comes out?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What's with the "building shaders" thing anyway? Every now and then, the game would be "building shaders" for ~5 minutes when loading a save, on a fast SSD at that. Is this something happening every time a new minor patch comes out?
    Building Shaders apparently always happened prior to the patch, it was simply invisible. Loading times for me vary a bit too, mostly the first time going into a game it is long. Rest are super speedy. The load times can be tackled in some ways, depending on the graphics card. A few threads about it are on the ME:A Origin Support forums.

(A common fix was to repair the game through Origin. It did not solve everyone's issue.)
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-04-16 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Anointed's sync kill is way more BS than the Banshees sync kill...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Anointed's sync kill is way more BS than the Banshees sync kill...
    Anointed have sync kills? aren't those the guys with the mini-guns that are more or less just shielded normal grunts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Anointed have sync kills? aren't those the guys with the mini-guns that are more or less just shielded normal grunts?
    I mean Ascendant. They have 2 annoying enemies that start with an A. Anointed aren't bad as long as you an strip their shield. I've had Ascendants sync kill me from around corners.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized that, after all the experimentation and getting the wrong projectile types, I completely dismissed the idea of using projectile type augmentations. Watched this video, and it made me change my mind:

Most of the projectile types are wonky, but Heat Sink (for everything), Electric Conduits (for fast-firing weapons) and Plasma Charge System (for shotguns or slow-firing pistols) seem pretty powerful. After a bit of thinking, I think P.A.W. + Electric Conduit might be one of the best assault rifles in the game, Black Widow + Heat Sink could help a lot with hit-and-run tactics, and Dhan Shotgun with Plasma Charge would be awesome for close combat.

Might be just me, but I feel like pistols/SMGs are very underpowered in Andromeda. Could be useful as a backup weapon, in case all other weapons are out of ammo, but you do not even need one, if you have a weapon with a Heat Sink, or a Remnant weapon on you.

Building Shaders apparently always happened prior to the patch, it was simply invisible. Loading times for me vary a bit too, mostly the first time going into a game it is long. Rest are super speedy. The load times can be tackled in some ways, depending on the graphics card. A few threads about it are on the ME:A Origin Support forums.

(A common fix was to repair the game through Origin. It did not solve everyone's issue.)
    Yes, but it seems like now it happens more often. It is a bit annoying, although not really critical.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I mean Ascendant. They have 2 annoying enemies that start with an A. Anointed aren't bad as long as you an strip their shield. I've had Ascendants sync kill me from around corners.
    I've had an ascendant sync-kill me while I was firing on him from a balcony while he was on the floor below me. From where they're able to pull it off definitely seems a bit off.

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem with Ascendants here, they are only dangerous at close range, and they are not moving around that fast. The Anointed actually make my life much harder, since their DPS might just be the highest in the game among the multiplayer enemies, and they are almost immune to melee damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No problem with Ascendants here, they are only dangerous at close range, and they are not moving around that fast. The Anointed actually make my life much harder, since their DPS might just be the highest in the game among the multiplayer enemies, and they are almost immune to melee damage.
    Even so, they shouldn't be able to sync kill people not on the same floor as them or around corners.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Carnifex was so strong until I hit about 40. Then it's damage tapered off. I suspect they want you to start using +dmg mods and augments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did the Moshae rescue mission. The atmosphere was very similar to the Collector ship from ME2: a mix of mystery, fascination, horror and disgust. And the reveal about the Kett being transformed Angara was similar to the one about Collectors being descendants of the Protheans. So far I am really impressed with the story and its delivery.