Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It is amazing to me that everyone criticizes someone for changing their stance. It is the year 2017, even robots can learn nowadays.........
    Congratulations.
    You've become part of the Establishment.
    Right where Hillary was all this time. Bravo!

Could have saved a lot of time flip-flopping changing stances had you simply voted for her.
    Because that's what you're stuck with...Orange haired Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Actually, you are totally wrong. Obama went from against gay marriage to pro in a week or two. I won't even get into the million other flip flops (if you like your doctor, you can keep your doc, your preminiums won't go up, etc, etc).

Just put aside your hate for a second and think about it.

Trump never held office. Just imagine the huge amount of information he was suddenly exposed to (in a matter of days); the way government works behind the scenes, classified information, deals in the work, etc- it must have been staggering.

If being exposed to all that information didn't make a person change their mind on some things, I would wonder about that person's intelligence.

It is amazing to me that everyone criticizes someone for changing their stance. It is the year 2017, even robots can learn nowadays.........
    I wonder what information he could have gotten to flip flop on propping up the middle class and instead fucking over the middle and lower classes.

But I guess Trumpets will point to whatever red herring they can find just to seem like they have an argument.

And no, evolving one's view to support gay marriage from gay civil unions, is largely different from flip flopping on one's promise to support struggling Americans and try to write in bills that fuck over the poor and give more money to the rich.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    But the Deplorable dupes have no problem with being lied to by Don The Con!
    So, why do you care? You didn't vote for him, REAL Americans did.

We will let you know when we are unhappy with our choice.

MAGA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Okay. You guys really confuse me.

Are you so deep in cognitive dissonance that Trump backing down on the things that most people hated the most about him, and he is now being a lot more centrist with his actions this is a bad thing because he's a flip flop?
    Well, Trump did paint himself into a corner. With orange paint.

Trump did promise to do a lot of things a lot of people wouldn't like, and now he's backing away from a fair number of those promises. But he was elected on those promises. The people who voted for him, because of those promises, should feel rightly cheated. Yes, other people might be happy with his new stances, but the people who voted for him, because of what he promised to do, which he is not doing, can and should feel betrayed.

But let's look at the real problem: the sheer number of promises broken and/or policy reversals, before his 100th day in office.
    a) ACA repealed and replaced with something that covered more people, with better coverage, for less money.
    b) Federal hiring freeze.
    c) China is a currency manipulator.
    d) Keeping the military at home, more specifically, out of Syria.
    e) WikiLeaks.
    f) Issuing a shitton of E.O.s
    g) Golfing.
    h) Term limits for Congress.
    i) A ban on White House officials working for foreign governments, while working with Flynn.
    j) Mexico will pay for the Wall.
    k) Keystone pipeline made of US steel.
    l) The travel ban. It's now been blocked, twice, and there's basically no action on it at all.
    m) Any of the 10 Acts he said he'd introduce to Congress in the first 100 days.
    n) Better relations with Russia. He now says, because of his own direct actions, they are the worst they've ever been.
    o) “So the first priority of my administration will be to preserve and protect our religious liberty."
    p) “Policy decisions will be public and very, very transparent."
    q) "President Obama refuses to answer question about Iran terror funding. I won't dodge questions as your President."
    r) Divesting from businesses.
    s) Imposing tariffs on goods made overseas.
    t) Steal some of the money illegal immigrants are wiring back to Mexico.
    u) Introduce his tax plan well before August.
    v) UN and NATO are obsolete.
    w) Lock Her Up.
    x) He said he would both cut, and not cut, SS and Medicare. He can't possibly keep both, so automatic promise broken.
    y) Buy the president of China "a McDonald's hamburger and say we've got to get down to work" rather than steak and chocolate cake from his own hotel.
    z) "Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama." Unless you say "well none were found unConstitutional" in which case it was a stupid promise in the first place.

Now, maybe he'll get to some of those things he said he'd do in the first 100 days but has made zero motion towards yet. Could be. But take a look up and down that alphabet. Some of those are now irrevocably broken, and the clock is ticking towards the rest.

Even attempts at "whataboutism" will not fly here. Did Trump promise he would do many things? Yes. Did Trump keep most of those promises? No. Did he reverse his stance on some of those promises, including some big ones? Yes. Is that a failure on his part? Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    You already have. Those poll numbers remain at historic lows.

Trump's military actions show departure from 'America first' campaign talk
    But that's good right? I mean the Establishment now loves Trump in much the same way they loved Clinton.

So much for being against the Establishment...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You already have. Those poll numbers remain at historic lows.
    Poll: Most see a Hillary Clinton victory and a fair count ahead

"Almost 7 in 10 voters nationwide say they think Hillary Clinton will win the presidency next month.... according to a new CNN/ORC poll."

Trump may find that he likes getting establishment praise, as the president has long sought the approval of elite opinion-makers.

He has repeatedly sought out New York Times reporters to give them interviews, even as he continued to criticize the newspaper as “failing.” Trump even visited the Times’ Manhattan newsroom two weeks after he was elected for a 75-minute discussion with reporters, editors and opinion columnists.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poll: Most see a Hillary Clinton victory and a fair count ahead

"Almost 7 in 10 voters nationwide say they think Hillary Clinton will win the presidency next month.... according to a new CNN/ORC poll."
    And the latest Rasmussen poll shows Trump's approval rating at 48% and rising. But they will say, "Rasmussen !!, you can not trust that poll. " It is only the polls which favor their opinion they want to consider accurate. The real truth will be revealed in 4 years when we see who is President then. And that is going to depend on how much Trump has been able to fulfill his campaign promises. But as a Trump supporter, he is doing well in my opinion when you consider all the opposition he has had to face and deal with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And the latest Rasmussen poll shows Trump's approval rating at 48% and rising. But they will say, "Rasmussen !!, you can not trust that poll. " It is only the polls which favor their opinion they want to consider accurate. The real truth will be revealed in 4 years when we see who is President then. And that is going to depend on how much Trump has been able to fulfill his campaign promises. But as a Trump supporter, he is doing well in my opinion when you consider all the opposition he has had to face and deal with.
    /like

MMO needs to ad a "like" button to their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Wow 48% approval rating oh so high. Oh wait, he was above 50% a month or two back.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

His approval is going up because the Establishment likes him.
    And the fact that he's gone back on every damn thing he's promised (so far) is even better since the Establishment didn't like any of it. (and more so the fact that they wouldn't let him "win" on his agenda anyway which has so far put him in his place)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And the fact that he's gone back on every damn thing he's promised (so far)...

No kidding.

I cannot believe he has not gotten Neil Gorsuch on the SCOTUS

I cannot believe he is not building the border wall.

I cannot believe he has not started cracking down on illegal immigrants.

I cannot believe he isn't helping to create jobs.

No kidding.

Border wall isn't going to happen...
    Illegal immigrants...nothing to see
    Create jobs? ROFL

You voted for the Anti-Establishment pick, and two months in...got Hillary Clinton with orange hair.
    Congrats! No wonder the Establishment is loving him now.

So, why do you care? You didn't vote for him, REAL Americans did.

MAGA!
    Define, "REAL Americans".
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

No kidding.

I cannot believe he has not gotten Neil Gorsuch on the SCOTUS
    He actually managed to pull this one off in a manner similar to his election. Despicable but sure

This hasn't even started and has already had a few lawsuits against it, don't expect to see this actually happen, aside from the fact that it's fucking stupid

Yea....http://www.brooklyneagle.com/article...al-immigration even his own city is against this and is rebelling

He's not: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/10...-job-creation/
    You're as blind as your are ignorant. You elected a boy into a mans job, who knee-jerks at everything that affects him that day. That we now have a president who's potentially starting 2 wars and escalating a 3rd is viewed as a good thing because....the intelligent world is still trying to figure this out.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

Hillary wasn't a bad candidate to begin with, though I wasn't enthusiastic about voting for her. Hillary's biggest problem is that she 1) didn't promise everyone a golden goose and 2) she doesn't come off as the sort of person people envision as their best friend. And I mean, that's it. Because the presidential election is treated more like a beauty pageant or something than a drawn out interview for the job of leading a country.
    I wouldnt say those are her only two problems or even her biggest one. Shes got alot of baggage. Its been 30 years of repucliban attacks against her.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    But you magically excluded Trump because it goes against your little anti-liberal narrative.
    Recall she was responding to a post where I called Trump and idiot. Notice another post I made earlier that I wanted Kasich. Since I can't have Kasich, I'd much rather have an idiot than a narcissistic, self-serving, rules-don't-apply-to-us-Clintons, animal like Hillary (and Bill).
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

Hillary wasn't a bad candidate to begin with, though I wasn't enthusiastic about voting for her. Hillary's biggest problem is that she 1) didn't promise everyone a golden goose and 2) she doesn't come off as the sort of person people envision as their best friend. And I mean, that's it. Because the presidential election is treated more like a beauty pageant or something than a drawn out interview for the job of leading a country.
    Hillary came with tons of baggage from her years of scandals, her irresponsible handling of national security data, pay to play with her foundation, Russian's releasing all of her dirty laundry (such as getting debate questions ahead of time), foreign policy failures with Benghazi, Russia, etc, plus her campaign messages were: "I am a woman", "It's my turn", and "I am not Donald Trump".

Not the best resume for a Presidential candidate.

Edit: and lastly, she ignored her husband's advice to campaign in the rust belt states and instead spent her time focusing on the East and West Coast.
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2017-04-15 at 05:24 PM.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Recall she was responding to a post where I called Trump and idiot. Notice another post I made earlier that I wanted Kasich. Since I can't have Kasich, I'd much rather have an idiot than a narcissistic, self-serving, rules-don't-apply-to-us-Clintons, animal like Hillary (and Bill).
    Narcissist: You mean like Trump who has to constantly be told how great he is and has to constantly remind people of all the great things he has done. I would go so far as to say that factually Trump is a bigger narcissist then Hillary.

Self-serving: You mean like Trump spending tax payer dollars to visit his own resort every weekend, having the secret service pay to stay inside his own tower to protect his wife&child. You mean the business contracts his organisation (because he never put in it a blind trust, or signed away any of the ownership) has gotten from foreign governments since he came to power? Again, factually Trump is worse then Hillary in this.

Rules: The constant lawsuits, the refusal to show his tax records (unlike every other presidential candidate before him) I boasting of sexually assaulting women. I don't see how Trump wins this one either.

So why again do you think that Trump is better then Hillary when he is objectively being worse on every single metric? (aside from oppressing population groups, he is better at that)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death