Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why no reaction from Malfurion and Tyrande?

Illidan is alive again. They're literally only a few miles away from him. And yet without fail, we haven't seen reaction from them yet, which was actually something I was looking forward to.
    change can't wait.

Busy crying in Val'Sharah being completly and utterly useless.

Blizzard is probably trying to keep them out of the fray for now. Maiev and Illidan are more than enough for now. Having all three ganging up on Illidan in conversations would be extremely annoying.

Because they are cut from content.

As I read the topic of the thread, I started getting flashbacks from val'shara questline when malfurion calls for tyrande. "Tyrandee! Where are you!"

As for why they dont do anything now, dunno.

I would guess there will be some book in the future to see that.

Malfurion should be bitch slapped by xera for how terrible brother he was and tyrande for not wanting to suck his holy dick

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They're at their holiday lodge in Val'sharah. Last we heard of them Malfurion desperately crying about how he needs Tyrande to find the mayonnaise for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard is probably trying to keep them out of the fray for now. Maiev and Illidan are more than enough for now. Having all three ganging up on Illidan in conversations would be extremely annoying.
    would be pretty funny to have them all gang up on him in an argument and then he just shuts them down "furion, remember the time i saved your life and tyrande's, then ate a demonic skull and flew away before miss twinkletoes warden caught me? i remember..."
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Because like Sylvanas and Graymane, they had their turn this expansion and will likely be forgotten for another few expansion.

I am kinda shocked at how many people don't get the obvious implication of Xavius's illusions. -_-" On the topic, I thnk both of them simply have no further role to play in this xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    would be pretty funny to have them all gang up on him in an argument and then he just shuts them down "furion, remember the time i saved your life and tyrande's, then ate a demonic skull and flew away before miss twinkletoes warden caught me? i remember..."
    Illidan has never saved his brother's life...

Illidan should of never got a redemption story like he's gotten in Legion. He's always been a character not shy of using unorthodox methods to try to stop the Legion, while being weighed down by his own (arguably selfish) inhibitions.

I mean I'm all for him having a redemption story, but to make him the new Thrall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidans story has been in the works since Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Because they are cut from content.
    More like cutting onions at Val'sharah...

Quote Originally Posted by Zerref View Post
    Illidans story has been in the works since Burning Crusade.
    Any proofs of that? Just because we have flashbacks we don't know if his story was in works since Burning Crusade.

Just as Blizzard said we're going to kill Garrosh in MoP and suddenly they changed their mind and went full "time-traveling".

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Busy crying in Val'Sharah being completly and utterly useless.
    That entire quest line was super cringe worthy. Malfurion reduced to a whiny little baby with awful voice acting and dialogue. Beyond terrible.

Hopefully not in 7.3...

I swear, the last thing we need is Malfurion getting captured by Sargeras, only to cry out for Tyrande again....

Next thing ya know, she gets captured, Illidan saves them, and then they both yell at Illidan, all because he "Oh ma gerd, gained some Fel powah"....

Fuck em...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    That entire quest line was super cringe worthy. Malfurion reduced to a whiny little baby with awful voice acting and dialogue. Beyond terrible.
    They were illusions to lure Tyrande, not actually Malfurion. You're an idiot if you haven't noticed that by now. Did you even pay attention to the end of Darkheart Thicket? Malfurion was sitting snug inside some roots so sure of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Illidan should of never got a redemption story like he's gotten in Legion. He's always been a character not shy of using unorthodox methods to try to stop the Legion, while being weighed down by his own (arguably selfish) inhibitions.

I mean I'm all for him having a redemption story, but to make him the new Thrall?
    To point out, his story was set in motion years ago before Legion came and in fact anything to do with Thrall in general having the ability to be the Earth Warder and so forth. Far as we know this was planned all along when Metzen was still in the driving seat for lore and most likely has been considering you had Wrathion foresee Legion as far back as Pandaria - even then planning before then would have to occur simply to allow all the developing team on the same page. If you really look at the dialogue and the general actions of Illidan really show that he was more interested in the bigger picture compared to our childish view of our planet only, Illidan was looking at a much bigger scope... The universe itself in which Sargeras has fun in.

Back in Burning Crusade he was amassing the army to fight Legion which is what we are doing now with the Class Halls, the only difference is players back then were led to believe he was doing it to cause bad juju to anyone who opposed him, automatically the players and so on, now we realise his agenda albeit at times was unethical it stands to reason it was all for the greater good. We just waded in and exacted justice, to which thanks to us, got him entombed and used as a puppet by Gul'dan in which we had to save him.
    It wouldn't feel like Legion is his redemption story if the game went down the Class Hall path where we align with him against the Legion rather than against him like originally when Burning Crusade was active.

As for Malfurion and Tyrande... I'm not even sure they've crossed paths yet. With the Emerald Nightmare I think they would be more concerned about Azeroth and meanwhile illidan would rather focus on the assault to Legion. Like any family that has children, siblings eventually get on with their own lives.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-04-15 at 06:40 PM.