Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I dont blame them. How else are they going to get legit kills if every group requires them to have AOTC?
    It is not "every group." You can still find a raid in LFG for progressing. As long as you get your first legit kill, it is not an requirement for you. It is protecting you from further wipes.

Who pugs freakin Gul'dan HC anyway? It's a death sentence.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Who pugs freakin Gul'dan HC anyway? It's a death sentence.
    well. maybe too many fake AotC players in your PUG. You need kick them first.

Lol, I've gotten a few AotC that way, helps to actually be a good player though then no one calls you out on it....

Shit, that's how I got AotC for imp back in HM, and I tanked that, it was kind of funny when I linked my fake achieve, got in, tanked it perfectly (monk tank, did the transcendence thing to negate the explosion root) and then no one say anything when AotC pops up after we one shot it...

But you do get a lot of people who can't even read who link fake ones.

mythic plus helper is the best addon for pug leading or joining m+/raids, i have had 0 bad groups ever since i installed it.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/26...ic-plus-helper

When I want to kill Heroic Gul'dan as an ilvl 903:

RL: BE ILVL 900+ WITH ATOC! THIS IS A FAST RUN! I HAVE WORK TOMORROW, SO MAKE IT QUICK!

Me: What? But...I want to kill heroic Gul'dan! I've killed all the other Bosses on heroic..and I have no time for this until ToS pops...

RL: NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! Killing Heroic Bosses on NH Up to Gul'dan, While Knowing this fight doesn't give you a Launch day ATOC! LINK IT OR GET DENIED!

Me: WHAT!?!

RL: The Vanilla Veteran HAS SPOKEN!

OT: Oh please. Let them spam those Fake links. Pisses me off that EVERYONE needs an ATOC to kill Gul'dan, even if you know the Fight and are Experienced...

7+ Year Old Account
    love faking achievements.
    good thing is that i know all the fights and am a good healer, so no one suspects anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    well. maybe too many fake AotC players in your PUG. You need kick them first.
    this is why people fake achievements in the first place.
    "hurr durr! no curve! hurr durr! knows nothing and is brainless!"

Formerly known as Arafal

People who paid to get carried for the real achievement are not somehow a better player than those who don't have it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

As someone who manage his own NH HC Pug weekly: check everyone on wowprogress/armory for multiple kills, put the min ilvl higher as possible(I usually make a full 2/4/16 905ilvl+ group in 30 minutes on Wednesday), and if someone does like 100k less dps than all other people or dies more than 1 time kick him. If you do that you will hardly get bad people and it's impossible that someone fakes you a curve. You will look like an elitist jerk? Sure. You will do NH hc the first day of the save and in less than 2 Hours? Yes, and that's all what I care.

905+ for a raid that drops 895 as the highest ilvl before warforge kicks in?

LOL, elitist isn't the word I would use

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post

I prefer groups that have the highest ilvl possible that I can join (905+ ideally), since they ARE the fastest groups. You're not going to join such groups to gear up from the start - people are obviously trying to get fast clears/kills when they already have decent gear and just want legendaries/TF procs or that odd trinket/relic that they still have at shittier ilvl than the boss drops. Not exactly a rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

1. if you don't have AOTC, create your own group instead of whining on some forum about it.
    2. if you feel there are too many fake achievements in your pugs, do as people have said and check armory/logs/wowprogress.

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever I create pugs, I have the minimum ilvl 5 ilvls behind mine. Doesn't matter if it is above the ilvl that drops in the raid. I wan't people at my gear level to make the run as smooth as possible. Don't like it? Create your own pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If I can fill up a group fast with that ilvl as minimum why I should ask for less? Since the moment i'm raiding in pug and not with guilds i'm not looking to make friends, i want to make fast ap/chance on TF gear and don't come back untill next save.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Casuals gather ohter Casuals with stuff like "900+ FAST RUN NO NOOB ONLY CURVE" A normal Human would look up logs and inv
    lol looking up logs for pugs

My suggestion is to do this.

- Have a drop down for your players in your party/raid
    - Have a drop down for achievements you care to track
    - Click selected player will give copy/pasteable text that works like the following: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...8:15255:a10839 <-- Guldan

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...1:15271:a11195 <--- Heroic Guldan AoTC

It's not the fastest thing but it's the only out of the game method to prove it.

Problem? Armory can be flakey. Blizzard isn't know for making good websites and being stable about it. When the armory stops working it's usually months before those bus are fixed and they will tell you "tough, this isn't a guaranteed thing". At which point there isn't much you can do.

Alternatively you can attach something to the API to use something outside of WoW but they prefer way too much control for my preference. I'd rather scrape their website than use their API.

I have my own personal addons that I don't share. I'm not paid enough to deal with people.

I don't even ask for AoTC when I PUG my H Gul'dan's on my alt. Armory is unreliable due to the prevalence of bought runs. However, logs take no time at all to look up and you're ideally running a 2/4/9 sized comp (making it quick to manual check everyone) if you're trying to pug something like heroic Gul'dan. Scaling in non mythic is real and every extra body that you add lengthens the fight if they aren't pulling their own weight.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Casuals gather ohter Casuals with stuff like "900+ FAST RUN NO NOOB ONLY CURVE" A normal Human would look up logs and inv
    What's a normal human

10+ Year Old Account
    people have been faking achievements for years. this is not new.

you have to check each pug individually either on armory or as you inspect them.
    Hi

You should thank anyone joining a raid at this point. The games bleeding players and you wanna discourage people trying to play with you haha.
    Why waste valuable korok seed hunting time anyway?

why is there a new thread about idiots whining about this every week