Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    A Suramar style zone filled with demon bases that Have elite mobs and rares that are quite. tough for an 890 to take down and are basically tuned for 920's
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Hahaha, no. I want it to feel like a planet with well, different zoned. Not just all fell and demons (eventhough it probably will be this)
    It can't have different zones it has to be 1 zone Argus is the legion's stronghold we. can't just stomp threw it and win maybe have a major loss or something.

Please no more bland grey/green zones.... Tanaan was bad enough, at least that place had some variation but it was still a boring fel themed zone. Broken Shore was more of the same but with even less variation. More grey/green fel themed lameness full of boring geography and annoying cliffs. I hope there will at least be some awesome Eredar architecture and shit like that, otherwise Argus will get old before it even begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    It can't have different zones it has to be 1 zone Argus is the legion's stronghold we. can't just stomp threw it and win maybe have a major loss or something.
    We already had a major loss, it was at the first Broken Shore battle. I doubt it will be easy in Argus.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We already had a major loss, it was at the first Broken Shore battle. I doubt it will be easy in Argus.
    I hope they don't make it easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been waiting to see this world for more than six years. It is, without a doubt, my most anticipated feature thus far to exist within the Warcraft universe.

Do I want this planet to become a chunk of charred shite full of the same old concepts recycled from 5.4, 6.2 and 7.2? I have two words for that:

FUCK NO!

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Your reading comprehension is awful.

There is no new formula, but ever since BrF they're trying to trick players into artificially expanded raiding/launch content and now they recently flat out said that the players seem to have a distorted view of a raid tier which implied to them suddenly EN was a raid tier even though all along it would never have been considered one.

- - - Updated - - -

They implied that players were crazy to think it wasn't.
    Oh really? It would seem you only hear what you want. Because I recall posts from Blizz saying they are not separate tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be one zone, hopefully bigger than Broken Shore. I doubt you will see anymore of Argus. It is a dead planet, there are no diverse ecosystems, no unique animal lifeforms, it is only Legion, and whatever is left of the Army of the Light. Unless you want 8 Shadowmoon Valleys as an expansion, and i certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    There's a reason we got flight at 68 vs 70 - the only time we got it before max level - in Wrath.
    Wrong, you must have not played at the start of WOTLK at all.

First of all, flying was obtainable at level 76, before in later patches they introduced a BOA tome that was available for lower level alts (full flying levelling experience) and in the end lifted the restriction altogether.

Second, Cataclysm was the only expansion where full levelling experience was tied to flying (minus Vash'ir because it was underwater), but you could fly in every other zone.

In WOTLK if you couldn't afford flying (it was a real problem for some people back then before the game started throwing gold at people left and right), you could "loan a gryphon" from a goblin in K3 in Storm Peaks, it was a white item taking a bag slot and allowing flying in Storm Peaks, Icecrown and Sholazar. That's a proof these zones were intended to be experienced with flying.

There was some other things that required it, for example to access Naxx, but you could cheese it with a quest item though if you didn't complete the quest (save the peasants from the villgage below while on a gryphon). It wasn't the first time when a raid required flying to enter (Tempest Keep) and not the last either (Mogushan Vaults).

Still remember when they announced a patch that would lower the cost of "cold weather flying" I was deliberately not buying it on my alt until the patch and had to be summoned to Naxx or rezzed after every wipe (pug life on alts lol) because I sadly finished the quest that allowed you to get there without flying.

At least these days pathfinder despite all the drawbacks has 1 advantage - no more shelling 5k per alt for flying anymore. WOD asked us to shell for tier3 garrison, but Legion didn't, so I'm happy (instead they made rep vendors ask for 3-4k for every small piece of rubbish, I don't agree with that but at least they aren't mandatory items).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I know i'm going to be disappointed, considering it's probably going to only look like the broken shore, and I doubt we'll be able to go every place possible on argus too.
    There's not much else Argus can have. It's been fucked up for 10 thousand years. I mean there's not much else that could be done.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I want Vashj'ir 2.0- a giant zone with three sub-zones that are close-ish, but display different biomes within the same region.

And yes, Argus WILL be a wasteland. But who says it has to be green? I'd hope that one of these subzones would be blasted red plains like Hellfire Peninsula. Other two could be Mac'aree, a massive Eredar city that would be full of color (Keep in mind that the Eredar, while demons, still like beauty and culture and all that) and some sort of uncorrupted area where the Army of the Light makes their base- lets us see what Argus was like before the Legion, enemies could just be animals or maybe even Lost Ones/Broken that were outcasts from Mac'aree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wrong, you must have not played at the start of WOTLK at all.

First of all, flying was obtainable at level 76, before in later patches they introduced a BOA tome that was available for lower level alts (full flying levelling experience) and in the end lifted the restriction altogether.
    Amusingly, I played LK the first hour it was released. And it was not available at 76 but 78 during the expansion ( I screwed up by 10 levels above... doh!). It dropped to 68 later (in Cata I think).

Second, Cataclysm was the only expansion where full levelling experience was tied to flying (minus Vash'ir because it was underwater), but you could fly in every other zone.
    But you didn't NEED to fly in the Cata zones. You could, yes, but the zones weren't designed around it.

We might be talking past one another here, though. By 'designed around it' I mean that you actively needed flying for some or all of the zone, not just that you could fly in the zone. If you are taking it to mean the latter then yes, Cata zones were designed with flight enabled.

In WOTLK if you couldn't afford flying (it was a real problem for some people back then before the game started throwing gold at people left and right), you could "loan a gryphon" from a goblin in K3 in Storm Peaks, it was a white item taking a bag slot and allowing flying in Storm Peaks, Icecrown and Sholazar. That's a proof these zones were intended to be experienced with flying.
    I'd actually forgotten about that loaner item since I had flight. We agree that SP and Icecrown were designed around flight. I'd argue that SHolozar wasn't, mostly, but thinking about it there were some quests that I think you needed to fly for... it was a smaller number, maybe only a few but I can see your point here.

There was some other things that required it, for example to access Naxx, but you could cheese it with a quest item though if you didn't complete the quest (save the peasants from the villgage below while on a gryphon). It wasn't the first time when a raid required flying to enter (Tempest Keep) and not the last either (Mogushan Vaults).

Still remember when they announced a patch that would lower the cost of "cold weather flying" I was deliberately not buying it on my alt until the patch and had to be summoned to Naxx or rezzed after every wipe (pug life on alts lol) because I sadly finished the quest that allowed you to get there without flying.
    Good point - I was deliberately commenting on zones but yes, there were a few non-zone things that required flight
    At least these days pathfinder despite all the drawbacks has 1 advantage - no more shelling 5k per alt for flying anymore. WOD asked us to shell for tier3 garrison, but Legion didn't, so I'm happy (instead they made rep vendors ask for 3-4k for every small piece of rubbish, I don't agree with that but at least they aren't mandatory items).
    Eh. gold is easy. I'd layout 50k without a second thought (I have ~300k atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Oh really? It would seem you only hear what you want. Because I recall posts from Blizz saying they are not separate tiers.
    Nope you still can't read clearly. They flat out made it ambiguous in stating when players were talking about tiers in a similar conversation to this something akin to "Who ever said it had to drop tier gear to make it a tier?" but you keep ignoring that fact. Learn to read.

Amusingly, I played LK the first hour it was released. And it was not available at 76 but 78 during the expansion ( I screwed up by 10 levels above... doh!). It dropped to 68 later (in Cata I think).
    Yeah, if that's the case it seems I undershoot it as well but generally you couldn't fly the moment you stepped foot into Northrend when expansion launched, but you could in Cata, if you picked Hyjal not Vash'ir, maybe Cata zones weren't "flying 100% mandatory" but that was the only time we actually had "levelling experience with flying".

Cold weather flying at 68 was first a BOA tome (similar like AK tomes for alts now), not sure when exactly they dropped the "flying for everyone at 68 in Northrend" but fairly late.

I'd actually forgotten about that loaner item since I had flight. We agree that SP and Icecrown were designed around flight. I'd argue that SHolozar wasn't, mostly, but thinking about it there were some quests that I think you needed to fly for... it was a smaller number, maybe only a few but I can see your point here.
    Yes, it was just a few quests requiring you to go up some terraces on the crater wall, only accessible through flying.

Eh. gold is easy. I'd layout 50k without a second thought (I have ~300k atm).
    Yes, now it is, back in tbc or wotlk paying for flying for every alt was actually effort, especially fast flying, and slow flying was horrible, not sure when they buffed it, think around ICC times, before that you were slower in air than on the ground (with second rank of ground mount), it was equivalent of the slow ground mount just allowing you to fly. I remember trying to get from Chillmaw to battle before citadel and it took ages with slow flying.

As we've seen in the images and trailer, Argus is a broken disintegrating world of lifeless rock and fire.

The exception will be Mac'Aree, the Eredar capitol, said to be more magnificent than even Suramar. A claim that is doubtful perhaps, but I'm sure Blizzard will put down something epic.

As for environments, I expect it'll be a little bit like the Cathedral and Tomb. We'll probably start off in a black and green ruin, join a bastion from the Army of Light, and besiege a demonic city that's a mix between glorious Draenei places like Karabor, Achinduon and Shattrath, and Legion technology.

Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Maybe the world is so broken & corrupted that only a small part of it supports "normal" life?
    Expect all X.3 zones to be Tanaan/Timeless

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it should be a massive planet. on the scale of azeroth itself.

full of content and WQ's. we should also level to 115 on it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus is probably gonna be twice the size of Broken Shore, maybe three times.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I have a feeling Argus will be a non-expansion expansion, complete with major class changes. A whole new world and somewhat leaving the Broken Isles for good once it's 'saved'. So 5 new zones, a Outland style continent area designed around flying from the beginning. Instead of leveling content, each zone will be a 15 chapter Suramar-like zone.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make it like Suramar.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Make it like Suramar.
    Suramar is kind of tedious and complicated ... so is Broken Isles. I would prefer if figuring out the cleverness didn't involve so many long, zizgagging corpse walks. Aside from that, I dunno.