Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I think I'm the only one here right now Graeham.
    I see.

No matter how I look at things I keep coming back to the conclusion that Celtic and/or Danner are scum. With that in mind, I am not going to risk casting a vote on anybody else beyond either of them. The only thing I struggle with is deciding which - Celtic has a claimed kill which can easily screw us over if left unchallenged but the pseudo depth to Danner's posts and willingness to support Celtic makes me suspicious of him. That's in addition to what you, Largehorn and Kryllian have pointed out as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I see.

No matter how I look at things I keep coming back to the conclusion that Celtic and/or Danner are scum. With that in mind, I am not going to risk casting a vote on anybody else beyond either of them. The only thing I struggle with is deciding which - Celtic has a claimed kill which can easily screw us over if left unchallenged but the pseudo depth to Danner's posts and willingness to support Celtic makes me suspicious of him. That's in addition to what you, Largehorn and Kryllian have pointed out as well.
    Yup. For me it is between you and Danner no matter how I see it. My thing is, we have no idea if that vote adding is a role that occurs at night or is one that applies by voting. I can easily see both sides for you guys. Main issue I see right now is only way to lynch Danner would be you, me, Virothe, and Tumppu voting him and none of us having the +1 vote. Otherwise you might be the only possible lynch today.

Yup. For me it is between you and Danner no matter how I see it. My thing is, we have no idea if that vote adding is a role that occurs at night or is one that applies by voting. I can easily see both sides for you guys. Main issue I see right now is only way to lynch Danner would be you, me, Virothe, and Tumppu voting him and none of us having the +1 vote. Otherwise you might be the only possible lynch today.
    In that case I will lean on Danner, then. Hopefully Virothe and Tumppu show up before the deadline and see our point of view. I am willing to switch over to Celtic if the opportunity arises to ensure a lynch but I am reluctant to vote on anybody else as I believe those two to be the primary candidates for scum.

Vote: Danner

Imma be honest I am pretty torn here between Graem and Danner but if I compare the two side by side I feel Danner is a bit better of a choice. I will

vote: Danner
    but depending what Tumpp/Listo decides I may change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Imma be honest I am pretty torn here between Graem and Danner but if I compare the two side by side I feel Danner is a bit better of a choice. I will

vote: Danner
    but depending what Tumpp/Listo decides I may change.
    How quick do you think you could get 30 more posts?

- - - Updated - - -

But besides that, that is almost exactly how I feel but everything is just so confusing. Like the vote trails show Graeham would be the one who adds votes, but a voice in my head is telling me something is off with Danner.

Well, he would have to go on quite the spamming crusade to hit that 100 mark in these few remaining hours.

What role do you lot think is the one to have the +1 vote thing? I can't really put it to anyone but a third party killer, for a way to have more say in who gets lynched.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Well, he would have to go on quite the spamming crusade to hit that 100 mark in these few remaining hours.

What role do you lot think is the one to have the +1 vote thing? I can't really put it to anyone but a third party killer, for a way to have more say in who gets lynched.
    The general consensus is its mafia.

Yep.

My guess is that the role is altered for this game and targets a specific player to gain the ability to cast more than one vote against their knowledge. This would allow someone to not only push suspicion on another player but also make it all the more likely that whoever that player votes on gets lynched as well. In the hands of a clever player, it makes for situations like this were doubt is cast at a critical point in the game.

It would have made sense as a GF power, but since it was not, it seems weird. And it's not consistently in use either, hence why I'm leaning to think it's the 3rd party. Though it's possible it only shows up in a succesful lynch.

Well, this is just nitpicking of course. In the end this comes down to whose claim I trust the least. And it's almost 7am so I'm not feeling the sharpest here (haven't slept).
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have made sense as a GF power, but since it was not, it seems weird. And it's not consistently in use either, hence why I'm leaning to think it's the 3rd party. Though it's possible it only shows up in a succesful lynch.

Well, this is just nitpicking of course. In the end this comes down to whose claim I trust the least. And it's almost 7am so I'm not feeling the sharpest here (haven't slept).
    Really both of their claims seem sound but they also both seem to be missing a clear drawback. Like Danner was only bulletproof N1? That seems so odd compared to other roles this game. Graeham I feel is truthful in his role but I can't think of a drawback for that either. Only plus side I have on Graeham is why would a role like that be mafia? Downside for Graeham is obviously him being on all the +1s in the game so far.

Heh. I know the feeling, it's almost 5am here and I haven't slept yet either. Nor do I want to, since I'm going to do everything I can to avoid a lynch before the deadline because I cannot highlight how much of a mistake lynching me would be. Celtic has a claimed kill and Danner has been both evasive and suspicious.

I do not mean to suggest that I have been perfect by comparison, but multiple TPR's cast doubt on Danner and Celtic's main contribution to the game so far has been a self vote earlier on and him trying to get me lynched today. In fairness, he claims to have been distracted by more important matters. He's clearly been keeping up with his night actions, though - and I would have thought a 'vigilante' would have made more of an effort to eliminate problematic players. Heck, if his self vote was due to being unable to commit then he could have claimed outright and baited a night kill in an attempt to buy other, more active TPR's more breathing room. That is exactly what I would expect from a town aligned Celtic.

Really both of their claims seem sound but they also both seem to be missing a clear drawback. Like Danner was only bulletproof N1? That seems so odd compared to other roles this game. Graeham I feel is truthful in his role but I can't think of a drawback for that either. Only plus side I have on Graeham is why would a role like that be mafia? Downside for Graeham is obviously him being on all the +1s in the game so far.
    I'm not actually buying that he had one night immunity and afterwards is a VT. But I'm not straight buying a couple of these other roles either. All those revolving around chance seem just odd to me, but that is probably just my inexperience showing.

I'm not actually buying that he had one night immunity and afterwards is a VT. But I'm not straight buying a couple of these other roles either. All those revolving around chance seem just odd to me, but that is probably just my inexperience showing.
    Well, bear in mind that Monkz is on record stating that he wanted more sign ups for the sake of game balance. Specific roles being mitigated in strength by percentage based chance isn't unusual in a role heavy game such as this, especially with unusual roles floating around that are rather rare in terms of standard games. I'd never even heard of my own role or Largehorn's role before the game started, for instance.

Well, bear in mind that Monkz is on record stating that he wanted more sign ups for the sake of game balance. Specific roles being mitigated in strength by percentage based chance isn't unusual in a role heavy game such as this, especially with unusual roles floating around that are rather rare in terms of standard games. I'd never even heard of my own role or Largehorn's role before the game started, for instance.
    Well that's understandable then.

I do remember a role in one game which had like 4 or 5 different actions which were all one shot, but did not have to be fished out of a pond though. Was not my role, though, and can't remember the game.

Well that's understandable then.

I do remember a role in one game which had like 4 or 5 different actions which were all one shot, but did not have to be fished out of a pond though. Was not my role, though, and can't remember the game.
    Hm. That sounds like a JOAT, to me. In terms of rarity I'd say they're semi-rare and tend to show up more often in larger games.

Hm. That sounds like a JOAT, to me. In terms of rarity I'd say they're semi-rare and tend to show up more often in larger games.
    Jacks used to be fairly common but their use in games dropped off like a year ago so now they are a once every few games type role.

- - - Updated - - -

And I could get the posts before day ends if I pushed it but I get annoyed with spamming the thread not really adding anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Jacks used to be fairly common but their use in games dropped off like a year ago so now they are a once every few games type role.

- - - Updated - - -

And I could get the posts before day ends if I pushed it but I get annoyed with spamming the thread not really adding anything
    Yeah but you probably wouldn't get an answer until tonight if that happened and by that point it might be to late.

Yeah but you probably wouldn't get an answer until tonight if that happened and by that point it might be to late.
    Yeah, there's just a little over three hours left until the deadline as of this post. It's possible, but it'd result in a lot of spam so I'm guessing it may be best to just see if it happens naturally at this point.

Ya i generally havent been getting my answers till day end or morning anyway, but i havent really had a quota quest yet so i was unsure if i would get it on completion or not

Votes are 2 each, right? Me and listo have not voted?