Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    The RBGs point is true, but RBGs are irrelevant, they are still casual PVP content. Meanwhile Druids have had outside of certain comps and brief periods been the defacto PVP healer. There were times where Druids were the ONLY viable PVP healer, in all content, period for many months.

Again MW isn't allowed to be good at anything. Other healers dominating is simply not seen as a problem, MW dominating is. MW were broken in one fringe case and historically irrelevant in most PVP content that mattered. Oh well. MW are simply evaluated at a different standard than other healers.
    Arena sucks. don't care it. Arena ruins world of Warcraft.

I really hope there are many more changes to come. If that's their big MW balancing I'll laugh my a** off. It can't be everything...

_________

We've got so many useless talents (I think we're the healer with the most useless talents in game):

- Chi Wave
    - Zen Pulse (except in some cases in dungeons)
    - Spirit of the Crane
    - Statue / Jade Wind (although I like playing with RJW but the EF change is a RJW nerf as well)
    - Rising Thunder

etc. if Blizzard is really done with MW after their EF / Vivify changes I finally surrender when it comes to this spec. Not even Blizz can be so [...]
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-04-14 at 03:03 PM.

Anyone else actually still playing the spec because they've put so much effort into it as their main char?? Despite every single alteration made by Blizzard that just makes me dislike this shitshow of a spec even more

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really hope there are many more changes to come. If that's their big MW balancing I'll laugh my a** off. It can't be everything...
    [...]
    etc. if Blizzard is really done with MW after their EF / Vivify changes I finally surrender when it comes to this spec. Not even Blizz can be so [...]
    Obviously, there will be more changes. The problem I have is that changes we have seen so far are extremely short-sighted and unimaginative.

Who the heck thinks that giving the MW main Raid healing spell a 12 second CD when it is a 3 second channel ability that can be easily interupted before it can chanelled for the full duration?? Thats a terrible mechanic. That means that each time we channel EF we have to cross our fingers. I assume that the spell will change so that the channel does not break from movement, but who knows. Why was it not done from the beginning?

Same thing with the earlier change from Mist Walk to Chi Wave. Who and why would ever use Chi Wave with its current scaling? How did Chi Wave even make it to live??? What was Blizzard even thinking?

All i have seen so far are extremely not-well-thought-out bandaid changes and it scares me. There will be more changes, but so far if feels that instead of investing in doctors a nurses to do an operation, Blizzard passed the task of "operating" on MWs to Bob the janitor to do during his lunch break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    That's kinda my point though. Blizzard could not have MW being a T1 healer in any environment in the game. They simply won't allow it.

But they have no problem with Resto Druids being the T1, undisputed best PvP healer in the game by a large margin and have been for multiple back to back seasons if not years. Resto Druids had double the representation of all other healers and almost triple the representation of MW last season above 2200. Clearly Blizzard are okay with certain healers being king of the hill, just so long as it's not Mistweavers.

So they remove Mistwalk and send MW PvP back to the stone age of dying inside a HoJ with CD's up but unusable while stunned. kek.
    I kind of think that's a bit of a joke. If x3 resto druid was standard in rbgs, you would be qqing about "omg resto druid is so fucking op", but it is fine when mistweaver is x3 standard in rbgs? That's all 3 healer spots taken up by 1 healer spec, and you do not think that is an issue. Or is it not an issue because you like playing mistweaver? Previously Mistweaver was literally superior to all other healer choices in RBGS, just like x3 boomkin and x2 spriest was literally superior to all other choices.

I'm also fairly positive that mistweaver is still one of the best healers in RBGS, considering I always see a least one (sometimes two) when I queue into 2100+ teams.

PvE healer balance in Legion hasn't exactly been a roller coaster either. MW has been consistently the worst healer in the game and that's the way Blizzard are intent on keeping it and will actively balance for that in the future as well as 7.2.5.

We got a blue post in 7.1 stating that MW concerns would be looked at and what have we got to show for it in 7.2.5? A 12s EF CD with a 23% buff and a 9% Vivify buff. The notion that Blizzard even considers this as a viable place to start iterative minor balance changes from shows us that they're intent on keeping MW in the garbage can it so obviously belongs in and has come to call home.
    I think blizzard has a weird way of balancing healers lately. In their mind equal hps means balance, which is indeed mostly true. Sadly the feedback Ive been hearing from a lot of people, especially earlier on in the xpac is "Healers are mostly balanced", when the top 3 healers were this powerful when the game came out.

Like I said, maybe if Mistweavers in EN didn't falsely believe the spec was fine, and could actually see that their spec was fucking horrible in EN compared to the 5 other specs, perhaps Mistweaver would not have been in this position.

- - - Updated - - -

The RBGs point is true, but RBGs are irrelevant, they are still casual PVP content. Meanwhile Druids have had outside of certain comps and brief periods been the defacto PVP healer. There were times where Druids were the ONLY viable PVP healer, in all content, period for many months.

Again MW isn't allowed to be good at anything. Other healers dominating is simply not seen as a problem, MW dominating is. MW were broken in one fringe case and historically irrelevant in most PVP content that mattered. Oh well. MW are simply evaluated at a different standard than other healers.
    Why on earth would you use Druid as the example of a spec that is allowed to be good, when since cata, druid has been an average healing spec. The last time druid was this good was firelands, and since that point, druid has been a bottom tier healer, or an extremely average healer. For the entirely of MoP, Druid was actually the worst healing spec, only being replaced by Mistweaver when they decided to make Mistweaver really bad in 25 man SoO. Even then, Druid was #5 overall, as both priest specs, paladin, and shaman were superior in 25 man SoO.

For all of WoD, and especially in HFC, if you were good at Mistweaver, Mistweaver was the superior option compared to Druid. So in my mind, using druid as the example is very funny, since that spec has spent so long in the dirt, and only started becoming a good spec in Legion.

Again, looking at Mistweaver's history does not reflect the story you are trying to tell. Mistweaver spent multiple years of it's existence being a top spec, or an above average spec.

I'll give you a visual representation of the power level of Mistweaver in every raid

MoP

5.0:

10: #1
    25: #1

5.1:

10: #2
    25: #2-3

5.2/5.3

10: #1-2
    25: #1-3 (this dependent on skill/the boss encounter. Mistweavers were either #1 or #2 on bosses that spammed raid damage at you (think Lei Shen or Dark Animus), and went to #3 on bosses where paladin/disc absorbs sniped.)

10: #2
    25: #6 (The point where Mistweaver was objectively bad).

WoD

Highmaul:

Highmaul was extremely good for Mistweaver, especially after the discovery of Chi-EX crane. However, this ranking was dependent on raw skill, as bad Mistweavers were worse than Druids. Again, this really isn't talking about a skill level ranking, as i'm assuming perfect play to begin with, and discussions of sub-optimal play have nothing to do with balance of a spec (see live disc for that example).

BRF:

BRF was probably the worst point of balance for Healers we've seen in a long time. The top 3 specs (paladin shaman disc) were so much better than all alternatives, it was hard to justify not playing those specs. That said, Mistweaver was in the best position of the 3 bad specs, as Chi EX was very good for a majority of bosses, and the spirit trinket buffs after mana tea buffs made Mistweaver have the best stacked raw hps in the game. That didn't really make up for how powerful BoP/SLT/Absorbs were in BRF, but it was enough to make them significantly better than Druid and Hpriest, again providing you were good.

HFC

#3-4

I can safely call mistweaver being the 3rd best here, but I'm going to say anywhere between 3 and 4 because kormork and tyrant existed. Those bosses Mistweaver was objectively worse because SLT hard carried you. That said, once the ring came into the game in week 3, shaman cds became slowly irrelevant compared to the raw power of Paladin/MW under the effects of ring. Regardless, there was a reason why everyone considered the hpal disc shaman mw the god comp of HFC. Extend Life + Leech trinket made mistweaver have the highest raw hps in the game by a large margin. Fistweaving was also extremely powerful in HFC, as it was one of the best healer utilities on Archi. I mean i remember beating some dps on doomfire spirit damage burst damage. This combined with the ability to ignore all mechanics, and have amazing survivability meant mistweaver was extremely good in HFC. Now they were worse than Disc/Hpal on the later bosses, but every boss was 4 healed, so that point is somewhat irrelevant.

Mistweaver was also the best solo healer in HFC (imo), but lol solo healing nice meme.

Now we come to Legion.

7.0-7.2

Yeah Mistweaver was literally never good. Sorry guys I caused Mistweaver legos to be nerfed ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Obviously, there will be more changes. The problem I have is that changes we have seen so far are extremely short-sighted and unimaginative.

Who the heck thinks that giving the MW main Raid healing spell a 12 second CD when it is a 3 second channel ability that can be easily interupted before it can chanelled for the full duration?? Thats a terrible mechanic. That means that each time we channel EF we have to cross our fingers. I assume that the spell will change so that the channel does not break from movement, but who knows. Why was it not done from the beginning?

Same thing with the earlier change from Mist Walk to Chi Wave. Who and why would ever use Chi Wave with its current scaling? How did Chi Wave even make it to live??? What was Blizzard even thinking?

All i have seen so far are extremely not-well-thought-out bandaid changes and it scares me. There will be more changes, but so far if feels that instead of investing in doctors a nurses to do an operation, Blizzard passed the task of "operating" on MWs to Bob the janitor to do during his lunch break.
    I believe what they are trying to do is make EF extremely powerful, which will indirectly raise the power level of TFT-EF. I mean you accurately pointed out that having to move and interrupting EF is horrible, which means TFT-EF is going to be extremely important. This is honestly a good thing because mindlessly pressing TFT-ReM/Vivify every 30 seconds isn't exactly what I would call interesting decision making. You're choosing between "do I want to do slightly more burst hps, or do I want to do more healing by casting vivify?".

As for band-aid changes, nothing is actually changing for Mistweaver. You still want to hit ef as much as possible, just now your spells outside of EF, especially ut-vivify and effuse, are much more important. This indirectly fixes the scaling issue of Mastery, which allows them to buff the Mastery.

Now this doesn't at all fix the problem of Mistweaver hps being bad, which is the main problem for the spec. Which is why blizzard need to globally buff the hps of the spec by like 5-10%, and see how it goes from that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I kind of think that's a bit of a joke. If x3 resto druid was standard in rbgs, you would be qqing about "omg resto druid is so fucking op", but it is fine when mistweaver is x3 standard in rbgs? That's all 3 healer spots taken up by 1 healer spec, and you do not think that is an issue. Or is it not an issue because you like playing mistweaver? Previously Mistweaver was literally superior to all other healer choices in RBGS, just like x3 boomkin and x2 spriest was literally superior to all other choices.

I'm also fairly positive that mistweaver is still one of the best healers in RBGS, considering I always see a least one (sometimes two) when I queue into 2100+ teams.
    Heaven forbid a healer spec dominates the ladder in some form of PvP right? Seeing MW hit it's peak of 19.5% representation was outrageous. I can't believe Blizzard let it go on for so long.

Oh that's right, healer representation right now is similar to what it was last season in arena where all healers have 2400 had sub 10% representation except for Shamans who are at about 12% because Demo locks are so insane atm. Oh and Resto Druids are at 20% above 2400 and climb to 35%+ heading up to 2800+. Apparently not outrageous for Blizzard though.

IIRC over half of all glad and r1 healer titles went to Rdruids last season. Blizzard have no problem with it at all. But when MW hits 20% in RBG's while sitting at sub 6% in arena Mistwalk gets removed. It's comical.

I'd prefer healers to be balanced as closely as possible such that the player can pick the healer they like rather than the healer that provides the power they need. Hitting 2k as MW and realizing the only viable way to push higher rating is to swap to Disc/Druid or wait around for your turbo friends to log in and ignore all other comps.

Lacking that I'd prefer healer balance to fluctuate enough such that all healers either get their time to shine or their circumstance to shine. Having the same 2 healers be so monumentally garbage compared to the other 3 for what is now going on 6 seasons straight is frustrating. Which is part of why the following quote is so shocking and yet I've noticed it too.

I think blizzard has a weird way of balancing healers lately. In their mind equal hps means balance, which is indeed mostly true. Sadly the feedback Ive been hearing from a lot of people, especially earlier on in the xpac is "Healers are mostly balanced", when the top 3 healers were this powerful when the game came out.

Like I said, maybe if Mistweavers in EN didn't falsely believe the spec was fine, and could actually see that their spec was fucking horrible in EN compared to the 5 other specs, perhaps Mistweaver would not have been in this position.
    Even now after 2 raids of healer balance experience the official forums are littered with posts claiming that healers are "pretty balanced". Or that all MW needs is a few minor playstyle tweaks and it'll be fine. I don't know what they're smoking.

The ironic point I'm trying to make is that "Healer balance" in Legion has been a myth and seeing drastic nerfs like Mistwalk's removal being hotfixed into the game urgently under the guise of "balance" is laughable. The only explanation I've been able to come up with that fits the facts is that Blizzard are happy with huge imbalances in the game so long as MW are never imbalanced favourably, only disfavourably.
    Last edited by Rife; 2017-04-15 at 07:05 AM.

Blizzard's point is obvious.

Buff MW's hps to a level of rdruid healing = Wall of whine&tears (like 10 times bigger than our MW whine) from hpriests, druids, rshammies like "WTF this useless healer does more hps than me, the raid healer for ages!!!!! nerf it!!111"
    Buff MW's hps to a level of rshammy healing = May happen in 7.2.5, but noone will care. Rshammies will still be there because of shitload of imbalanced raid utility. Raid healing? There will be druids and priests who have atleast some utility with same hps. And your place is 5~8 group, or doing WQ's/levelling alts/etc in raidtime.
    Buff MW's utility = Wall of whine from top and "top" raiding guilds for doing THAT BIG CHANGES JUST BEFORE TOMB HITS.

All of these changes aren't going to happen. let's just wait for 8.0 beta. This expansion is screwed for MW.
    Last edited by EVB; 2017-04-15 at 07:43 AM.

snip
    Read: PVP

We were talking about PVP, and MW in RBGs.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account

hasn't mistweaver always been top tier/good in pvp LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Heaven forbid a healer spec dominates the ladder in some form of PvP right? Seeing MW hit it's peak of 19.5% representation was outrageous. I can't believe Blizzard let it go on for so long.

Oh that's right, healer representation right now is similar to what it was last season in arena where all healers have 2400 had sub 10% representation except for Shamans who are at about 12% because Demo locks are so insane atm. Oh and Resto Druids are at 20% above 2400 and climb to 35%+ heading up to 2800+. Apparently not outrageous for Blizzard though.

IIRC over half of all glad and r1 healer titles went to Rdruids last season. Blizzard have no problem with it at all. But when MW hits 20% in RBG's while sitting at sub 6% in arena Mistwalk gets removed. It's comical.

I'd prefer healers to be balanced as closely as possible such that the player can pick the healer they like rather than the healer that provides the power they need. Hitting 2k as MW and realizing the only viable way to push higher rating is to swap to Disc/Druid or wait around for your turbo friends to log in and ignore all other comps.
    You realize it was impossible to fix mistweaver in arenas without nerfing them in rbgs yeah? That's why mistweaver got buffed when mistwalk was removed.

If you paid attention blizzard did pretty sweeping changes to rbg balance, and mistweaver is coming off the back of major nerfs, similar to boomkin and spriest...?

This is an issue with a blanket balance of pvp. If you buff rbg disc priest, you overbuff them in arenas.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-04-15 at 09:25 AM.

Stop this shit. Arena sucks. DELETE ARENA. FUCK ESPORTS in MMORPG

- - - Updated - - -

Stop messing up concept between PVP and Arena. Arena sucks. It must die.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-15 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    Mistweaver sucks. It must die.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Arena really sucks. Even blizzard themselves admitted arena was the single greatest mistake they have ever made

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's Rob Pardo Talks Five Years of Warcraft

Originally Posted by Rob Pardo
    Yes, despite the game's massive success, the developers are extremely aware that they've made mistakes, says Pardo. The lack of a proper Looking For Group tool was something he was "really unhappy" to not have at launch, and that tool is only now coming five years later in Patch 3.3. Aside from all of the technological errors like having too few servers at launch to keep up with the demand, Pardo thinks that the single greatest mistake as far as design of the game is concerned was the choice to introduce competitive "e-sports" into the game via Arenas.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=25#post-488

What an utterly stupid thread. So far I have been giving it the responses I feel it deserves which are dismissive, mocking jabs but seeing such a vocal minority being so incorrect has just driven me to make a serious post.

Arena Has Never, Ever Been Good. Period.

During the height of arena which was during TBC from Season 1 to 4 arena was always a small niche that players did to get "welfare epics" as then WoW designer Jeff Kaplan described them. People would opt in to do arena so that they could do 10 games a week and gradually purchase gear and progress their character. Coming from vanilla where the only real obtainable PvP gear was from PvE meant that people were happy to do this.

This here is the first and only example needed as to why people did arena. Getting gear. Progressing their character. People didn't flock and flood the tournament realms now did they? No. Some did, sure. But the majority of players in WoW did NOT participate in the arena. Most of your PvP came from the following:

1. Random Battlegrounds
    2. World PvP (Not including Wintergrasp)
    3. Dueling

People would do the arena in order to gear and make sure their characters were capable of succeeding in these forms of fighting. Resilience meant that if you wore too much PvE gear you got blown up so you wanted to always make sure you had the latest, greatest gear from that season.

Much to the chagrin of raiders (and developers) Blizzard began to lock gear behind rating requirements. We went from shoulders at 2k in Season 3 to weapons at 2.2k in season 6. These were a result of Blizzard trying to add "progression" to this system. People continued to do it because if they wanted to be the best in the PvP they preferred they HAD to get the arena rating to compete.

Having a 2.2k weapon in a random battleground or world PvP battle was a huge deal and was one of the reasons why I myself pushed for it.

Do you see a pattern here? People were not doing arena because it was fun, engaging or exciting. I am sure some people were but they were an extreme minority that was shrinking since the inception of arena. Putting players under a microscope of class balance and "skill" is simply not fun for a lot of people. Especially in an MMORPG. The height of WoW PvP was easily vanilla because everyone could participate and in some way feel like they were progressing their characters forward.

Save your breath and spare me the R14 grind woes. We're talking about arena here. I brought up vanilla because it EASILY had the highest amount of players participating in PvP. PvP realms were a warzone and players came to WoW from much more venerable PvP games such as DAoC or AC. I myself came from DAoC and PlanetSide and rolled exclusively on a PvP realm to PvP as did many, many others.

TLDR: Arena isn't fun for the majority of WoW players. Once the gear was removed players have no interest in doing it since it is not fun. People play Battlefield because it is fun. They do not need to be incentivized. Once the incentive of loot and character progression was removed from arena people stopped doing it yet RANDOM BATTLEGROUNDS and WORLD PvP is full of players. Neither of which reward you either.

Arena Skill And Balance Is A Myth

One of the key things in this stupid thread was some fool claiming that the "skill" from arena is gone. Treating this game as if it was the Quake 3 arena of MMO-PvP at one point and is now nothing more than CoD.

No kid, you're wrong. WoW arena was never, ever balanced and you had to meet quite a few "checks" before you could start to be called skilled.

Warrior in S1? Better hope you have a Stunherald.
    Healer in S2 to S4? Better hope you're a Druid!

Wait, what is that? You're a Holy Paladin in 2v2/3v3? Haha! Get the hell out of here. Enjoy being locked out FOREVER.

Oh you're trying to do 5v5? Better make sure you have an elemental shaman or you're not going anywhere!

Sure if you happened to be one of the FoTM classes or specs you could compete. But... you also have to have the right gear. A lot of which came from PvE. Minor things like trinkets or big things like Stormherald. It all mattered. I still remember fighting rogues with warglaives in S2. Only reason why we could beat them is I would get a well timed mace stun proc. Game was a joke.

Oh WoTLK was the best you say? Really? Was it the best because being a DK in S5 meant you got a free gladiator mount/title? Or how about beastcleave in S6? TSG in S7? And oh man who can forget season 8?!? Heroic DBW, DFO, SHADOWMOURNE! So much skill and fun!

This trash was never balanced and just further reinforces point #1 that arena was never, ever fun.

TLDR: Arena has never been about skill for the average player. It was always about gear, comp and class. Nothing more.

Ratings Are Bad For The Community

I don't use the word toxic. It is a stupid buzzword that millennial's use to describe people who call them (often rightfully) retarded. Ratings cause this "toxic" behavior because somebody has a chance to take something away from you. Imagine being in a dungeon and somebody wipes your group and you lose a piece of gear. His failure simply means you yourself aren't good anymore. You get out of that dungeon and your peers begin to make fun of you.

"Haha! Tyler you stupid moron. Your IL was 890 a few hours ago and now it is down to 870, you washed up now bro?"

"No Dillion, you dork. Some stupid LITERALLY STUPID RETARDED HEALER like TOTALLY WORST HEALER NA couldn't KEEP ME UP WHEN I WAS STANDING IN FIRE!"

Sounds stupid, right? Well welcome to rating based PvP. Other players on your team have the ability to remove something from you and truly make you hate them. No, you don't just lose time... oh no. You lose RATING and thus PROGRESS. Well how is Joe Snuffy the "WORST HEALER NA" going to get better when he can't get into a group because his failure means other people suffer?

I shouldn't have to go into this much more. You get the point.

Ratings are bad. Ratings cause toxicity. Ratings are the main cause of a lot of problems. What are my credentials to say this? Well just look at my PvP cheevos if you really care. I've been to the top and have seen it ESPECIALLY in RBG communities. I've also had the pleasure of playing other games that aren't WoW or MOBA #16 of the year. Is it any wonder why WoW PvP shares the same issues as LoL or DOTA? Is it really?

None of what I says matters because nothing will change but I simply can't let stupid people sit by and praise a dead, dying system that has single handily caused the most irreversible damage to a game I have ever seen.

That INCLUDES LFR.
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-15 at 10:56 AM.

hasn't mistweaver always been top tier/good in pvp LOL
    By always you mean almost never has a Mistweaver been T1 in any competitive form of PVP, at best it has been okay, excluding extremely brief periods during MoP when we had Dematerialize, Healing Spheres and Life Cocoon during stun before nerfing. But all of MoP all Monk specs enjoyed a week or more of gross OPness. And even then it was still second fiddle to Druid in competitive PVP. You're not doing much to counter my argument that Druid has been the most dominant healer in PVP throughout WoW's history, because it simply has. You merely incorrectly assumed I meant PVE when the entire subject we were discussing was PVP and Mistwalk.

It's okay to say "I don't know", not reading my post then making a huge outrage post that was absolutely irrelevant to the conversation being had, just to jump down my throat is incredibly bad form.
    Last edited by Myta; 2017-04-15 at 11:22 AM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

By always you mean almost never has a Mistweaver been T1 in any competitive form of PVP, at best it has been okay, excluding extremely brief periods during MoP when we had Dematerialize, Healing Spheres and Life Cocoon during stun before nerfing. But all of MoP all Monk specs enjoyed a week or more of gross OPness. And even then it was still second fiddle to Druid in competitive PVP. You're not doing much to counter my argument that Druid has been the most dominant healer in PVP throughout WoW's history, because it simply has. You merely incorrectly assumed I meant PVE when the entire subject we were discussing was PVP and Mistwalk.

It's okay to say "I don't know", not reading my post then making a huge outrage post that was absolutely irrelevant to the conversation being had, just to jump down my throat is incredibly bad form.
    If funny seeing his posts on here compared to on discord, on discord he just threatens to mute you when he doesn't want to type out a logical, well written response, I have screenshots of him doing it to me just yesterday.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account

To be honest, literally all of your posts blend together to mean the same thing so apologizes if I misread your post.

Feel free to respond to the contacts of my post in regards to pve, as I can only just make assumptions on pvp based on what I've heard from the past.

I will say, I would not say dematerialize, which was added in 5.1, was only around for a short period of time. I mean MoP had 3 content patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    If funny seeing his posts on here compared to on discord, on discord he just threatens to mute you when he doesn't want to type out a logical, well written response, I have screenshots of him doing it to me just yesterday.
    oh rye is you?

Interesting
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-04-15 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    So when are you going to reply to what I posted last time instead of reporting all my posts?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that we all agree that MW is trash tier and yet many of us disagree with each other so often?

I guess we don't see eye to eye as to exactly how far down into the trash can MW as a spec is.

Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    Blizzard's point is obvious.

Buff MW's hps to a level of rdruid healing = Wall of whine&tears (like 10 times bigger than our MW whine) from hpriests, druids, rshammies like "WTF this useless healer does more hps than me, the raid healer for ages!!!!! nerf it!!111"
    Buff MW's hps to a level of rshammy healing = May happen in 7.2.5, but noone will care. Rshammies will still be there because of shitload of imbalanced raid utility. Raid healing? There will be druids and priests who have atleast some utility with same hps. And your place is 5~8 group, or doing WQ's/levelling alts/etc in raidtime.
    Buff MW's utility = Wall of whine from top and "top" raiding guilds for doing THAT BIG CHANGES JUST BEFORE TOMB HITS..
    It makes sense for Blizzard to ensure that the most popular healers are the strongest healers. It makes sense for the least played and cared about class to be intentionally made the worst performing spec. That way the unrest in the healing community is at a minimum. The only caveat here are Discs who are far stronger than Blizzard ever intended because the designers aren't good enough at the game to push specs to the level of players and thus don't balance accordingly.

That way the bulk of players who play healers are happy because their class or spec is powerful and the overwhelmingly tiny minority of players who stick to the worst spec don't cause enough of a ruckus to be heard or taken seriously.

Blizzard can simply set Druids as the upper limit for healer balance and MW as the lower limit and then ensure all other healing specs fall somewhere in that range and call it day. Healer balance made easy with no appreciable downside for them. Then every few patches they just release a blue post saying that they're going to look at MW issues or make changes to balance or playstyle and whatnot and the MW community patently waits while causing no fuss until the patch comes around and nothing really changes. 7.2.5 is the perfect example of this. Actual changes will be made by Blizzard to the spec but the worst healer in the game will remain the worst healer in the game. Hence my previous post "Healer balance is a myth".

It makes sense for Blizzard to ensure that the most popular healers are the strongest healers.
    Druids are the most played healer class because they are op. In all of wod disc was the most played healer, now? it's the least played healer by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Druids are the most played healer class because they are op. In all of wod disc was the most played healer, now? it's the least played healer by far.
    hpal was the most played healer

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that we all agree that MW is trash tier and yet many of us disagree with each other so often?

I guess we don't see eye to eye as to exactly how far down into the trash can MW as a spec is.
    I think it's obvious everyone agrees mistweaver sucks ass now. I disagree on the idea that it was bad as a pve spec for most of its lifetime.