10+ Year Old Account
    Fournette visiting with Saints, long shot he would be there at #11 but still cool to get the local guy in for a workout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Dean Blandino has left his job of head of officiating for a Mike Pereira like job at a network.

Networks sure are paying well right now.
    Such a hilarious development. CENTRALIZED VIDEO REVIEW. Everyone bitches and moans about Blandino and his lack of being a referee, and then he up and leaves, leaving the NFL with a huge problem AND making everyone who knows a thing or 2 abotu shaky refereeing to go "Oh god, who'll be in charge now?!".

I swear this centralized replay review thing might turn out the worst decision the NFL has made in some time if they don't get a qualified person/team to run it and get timely and good reviews.

(Not saying Blandino would have been any good, but at least he was a known quantity)

- - - Updated - - -

"What @MikeSilver is saying is Lynch and the Raiders have an agreement on a contract. Seahawks still hold his rights. For now."

- Garafolo

So it's really happening it seems. Now the Raiders need to get a deal with the Seahwaks about trade compensation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like lynch and the raiders have agreed on terms, ball is in Seattle's court. @nflnetwork

10+ Year Old Account
    Details are still coming out but word is Lynch is taking a contract restructure that means Seattle can trade him without the crazy cap hit, but won't get as much as they should.

Everyone's a winner really, assuming we get beast mode and not bust mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marshawn's agent says no deal, and so does Marshawn himself.

Its a weird situation, my guess is they're keeping tight lips until Seattle and Oakland meet on a trade which I wouldn't imagine that would take long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roddy White officially retires: https://twitter.com/roddywhiteTV/sta...45564669014016

Meanwhile, everyone asks "wasn't he already retired?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Meanwhile, everyone asks "wasn't he already retired?"
    My thoughts too. And then ol' Roddy decided to tell everyone he wanted to play for the Patriots last season too (after his own team the Falcons had dumped him). True or not, that's a pretty shitty thing to say after your team for like 8 years just lost the Superbowl to that team.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lions uniforms are ugly
    We can't even win the "New Uniform Bowl"!!

Who do you guys want your team to draft? I'm a Redskins fan and I'd love Ruben Foster or Hassan Reddick. We need LBs BAD, we had easily the worst ILBs in the league last year(starters that wouldn't even make most teams rosters). Foster would shore up the run D and give us that leader we haven't had since London Fletcher retired. Reddick gives us a versatile explosive pass rusher.

I also wouldn't mind Christian McCaffery. Normally I'm against RB in the 1st round but he'd be a perfect fit for our offense since he can catch the ball out of the backfield and we haven't had a good RB since Clinton Portis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best available DB x5
    Best available inside DT
    Former punter now OL project
    Kicker
    WR

10+ Year Old Account
    Something something secondary.

- - - Updated - - -

Although, Smith will play this year. That should be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, he's a linebacker. That's how long he's been gone.

An offensive line minus center and 1 guard, ILB, a DE/DT and maybe depth at corner or rb.

Pre-draft rumors are kind of funny, there is talk of Denver both trading out of the 1st round completely (with the Browns), and trading up for McCaffery. Second part is most likely just based on who his dad is, and the 1st is probably a better bet if someone like Ruben Foster isn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    edge rusher
    future QB
    defensive backs

Barnett, Williams, Davis, Foster in that order. If none of them are available then best OL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots have no first or second round pick, so consider me only vaguely interested in playing this game. We need edgerushers, probably 2. Linebacker. Corner, possibly, depending on what happens with Butler, if not then interior D-line 2 gapper.

I would say we need an Offensive Tackle but there's almost none coming out this year so team will likely look at that next year instead. The lack of them in the draft likely means we extend Nate Solder somewhere this season and look for back up/ tackle in waiting next season to develop.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good thing is w/ Cannon becoming a 2nd team All Pro at right tackle this year, tackle isn't a 100% need. Next year? Probably, but this year that should be ok.

Also, caught this on my facebook. This guy is a hero:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston...ston-deserves/

10+ Year Old Account
    9ers put in an offer for Garry Gilliam. I say let him go and get the pick... I mean, you can't get worse than the worst.

Interesting tidbit, last week Tyler Eifert said that he'll be good to go when its go time. Now hes backed off that statement saying that hes not sure he'll be ready for training camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting tidbit, last week Tyler Eifert said that he'll be good to go when its go time. Now hes backed off that statement saying that hes not sure he'll be ready for training camp.
    For all the shit Gronk gets, Eifert is probably hurt more than he is, and has the same type of effect on the Bengals offense that Gronk had on the Patriots between 2012 and 2015 (i.e when he's out, there's a significant drop in the team's effectiveness).

It sucks, cause a team with a good TE is usually incredibly diverse in how they attack. More creative offense is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    For all the shit Gronk gets, Eifert is probably hurt more than he is, and has the same type of effect on the Bengals offense that Gronk had on the Patriots between 2012 and 2015 (i.e when he's out, there's a significant drop in the team's effectiveness).

It sucks, cause a team with a good TE is usually incredibly diverse in how they attack. More creative offense is a good thing.
    Yeah, but nobody's calling Eifert the tight end GOAT jesus.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still love that the Pats won without him. Not only because they finally didn't have a stagnant offense without him, but they learned to play without him so going forward if he does have to go out (again) it won't be as much of an issue. Still, though, would love to have him on the field all year. He is such a beast.