Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Assa is not op. It's the lowest performing rogue spec atm which says something when you think most rogues don't have the best legendaries for other specs yet:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    Utter bullshit you're spouting here, mate. Yes, we have extremly powerful single target damage, nobody is denying that and I'm fine with how the specc performs. But we do NOT have good cleave (what, the seed spam, are you serious?), we're shit at movement (we burn ourselves and we still gotta run, no comparison to something like a blink or a disengage), and a ua x3 "burst" is just terrible compared with how a hunter, an elemental shaman or every mage specc handles a quick target switch followed by burst. Not to mention that your "extremely powerful st" immediatily drops to almost 0 if you swap away from the boss, since you won't be draining him, therefore you're not enhancing your dots by MG and therefore, you're doing effectively no damage during that phase.

It's exactly NOT a well rounded specc, because affliction is really only good on two things: tunneling single target damage and clearing up huge amounts of squishy mobs.
    Is soul flame damage not cleave damage? Or have you not picked up the trait yet? And yes you can enhance seed

Life tap when moving, refresh dots, so you don't have to when stationery. You can stand in things that others can't and keep dpsing. You have access to portal aswell.

No I said it's poor on quick dying adds, it's the specs 1 weakness. UA x 3 and drain is fine on most adds. Quick dying adds tag with a corruption. Your St doesn't come anywhere close to immediately dropping to zero at all, your dots are still on the boss and you are draining 2/3 UA on your new target which is not bad damage.

You said it doesn't have good cleave then you say it's good at huge amounts of squishy mobs?

I think your completely over selling movement and absolutely completely under selling survivability and self healing which is second to none. Its a very well rounded, easy and smooth to play spec. You sound like you just want a God mode no weakness spec, which a few classes have. I've just switched back to destro from affliction for 7.2 due to boredom. Try playing that or demo before complaining, because you do an awful lot considering you don't mind how the spec plays.

Its an extremely good and strong spec right now

Deleted
    30% ahead of Shadows and Elemental Shamans on Star Augur, Krosus and so on isnt balanced. Affliction has the stronger stacked AOE by far, can multidot and is 10 to 30% ahead at single target.

Current Balancing is Insane.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

If that Purple bar was ahead of Beast Master and frost mage-fine. Someone has to best. But not worlds ahead. The difference between affli and p2 is ridicolous and we are back to 30% difference between top and bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

And 70% of warlocks at Mythic Guldan are affliction...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevan021 View Post
    Assa is not op. It's the lowest performing rogue spec atm which says something when you think most rogues don't have the best legendaries for other specs yet:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90
    Assa has no AOE cleave. But boss dsmage is Great

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-15 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Where was I? Not caring about a spec being good at literally one thing, that's where. Affliction is #1 at more than one aspect of the game.
    No, it isn't. Also good, not amazingly better than anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    30% ahead of Shadows and Elemental Shamans on Star Augur, Krosus and so on isnt balanced. Affliction has the stronger stacked AOE by far, can multidot and is 10 to 30% ahead at single target.

Current Balancing is Insane.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

If that Purple bar was ahead of Beast Master and frost mage-fine. Someone has to best. But not worlds ahead. The difference between affli and p2 is ridicolous and we are back to 30% difference between top and bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

And 70% of warlocks at Mythic Guldan are affliction...

- - - Updated - - -

God i'm so sick of this link. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

It doesn't tell anything that you think it tells. Seriously, stop posting this drivel.

Now if only you could tell Blizzard to stop making fights where adds explode and kill the raid if not dealt with or some similar mechanic that'd be great

u guys realize that the only class that has a sustain dps over 1 million single target right now is affliction lock with 910+ gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    Is soul flame damage not cleave damage? Or have you not picked up the trait yet? And yes you can enhance seed

Life tap when moving, refresh dots, so you don't have to when stationery. You can stand in things that others can't and keep dpsing. You have access to portal aswell.

No I said it's poor on quick dying adds, it's the specs 1 weakness. UA x 3 and drain is fine on most adds. Quick dying adds tag with a corruption. Your St doesn't come anywhere close to immediately dropping to zero at all, your dots are still on the boss and you are draining 2/3 UA on your new target which is not bad damage.

You said it doesn't have good cleave then you say it's good at huge amounts of squishy mobs?

I think your completely over selling movement and absolutely completely under selling survivability and self healing which is second to none. Its a very well rounded, easy and smooth to play spec. You sound like you just want a God mode no weakness spec, which a few classes have. I've just switched back to destro from affliction for 7.2 due to boredom. Try playing that or demo before complaining, because you do an awful lot considering you don't mind how the spec plays.

Its an extremely good and strong spec right now
    Are you serious?

I feel like you either don't play your warlock in a raiding environment or you are delusional as to how other speccs do the tasks you're mentioning.

No, soul flame is no normal cleave damage. You need stuff do die before soul flame gets to work, in which world is that useful when you have 3 mobs where each one has 100+ million hp?

And life taping while moving and refreshing dots is still an insane dps loss, because you can't channel. Look at your warcraftlogs. Whenever you have to move around, you lose dps, because not draining stuff is just bad. And you can absolutely NOT stand in things others can, because most of the stuff on mythic kills you outright. If you use portal, you still lose a global cd.

I never said the specc is bad, but calling it well rounded is just bullshit when it's good at exactly one thing and that is single target dps. There are other classes who are way better at being all around good, affliction is not one of them. It can't move for shit, it can't cleave for shit, it's poor on AoE (unless you really specc into it, in which case you severly gimp your st, which is where you're best) and on quick target switches to burst something down as fast as possible.

It's still an insanely good specc for raiding. It's just not well rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u guys realize that the only class that has a sustain dps over 1 million single target right now is affliction lock with 910+ gear?
    This is incorrect. Demo, frost, bm, sin, fury. Possibly ret and frost dk.

No burst, no target swaps? That's why they are so wanted in m+. It's all clear now

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    I agree with the argument. A class without burst and having heavy ramp ups should be #1 on monotarget sustained dps.

The main issue is that Affli isnt that class. Demon is the only one real doter actually. Affli is basically good at everything, and deserves a nerf.
    Yeah it's funny. People don't seem to realize that Affliction is actually less constricted by "dots" than Demo is. All of Demonology's strong attacks are summoning and buffing demons. Imagine if Affliction warlocks had to cast a dot and then every time they casted their dot they then needed to cast another spell to buff its damage before they could cast the next dot or they'd lose too much damage. Affliction at least has Unstable Affliction and Drain Soul. If you can apply like two or three UAs and then drain soul a bit on an add for like... say 5 seconds, then you're OP as fuck as Affliction. You can apply your hardest hitting ability nearly instantly with little ramp if you're playing the spec properly and can then use drain soul to snipe any low health targets to refresh. Add fights are actually decent for the spec due to this. Demo, on the other hand, is trash tier at AoE and target swapping. They have no incentive for actually swapping targets at all unlike Drain Soul sniping which can be insane if utilized properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    No, it isn't. Also good, not amazingly better than anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

God i'm so sick of this link. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

It doesn't tell anything that you think it tells. Seriously, stop posting this drivel.
    Well it tells you that affliction pulls insane dps.... especially in single target fights, but also AOE and even fights many people call cleave.
    Affliction is insanely powerful currently and Warcraftlogs just shoes this. And affliction isnt about damage Meter padding. It pulls those numbers in focus target / single target.

And how is it balanced when affliction pulls 30% more than some other ranged Specs at single target?

BTW Shadow isnt Great at focus burst and damage and is very far behind affliction...

Affliction is a slightly better spriest, not sure why you're worried

Viable in high end raiding: Check

Viable in high end M+ : Check

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Affliction is a slightly better spriest, not sure why you're worried

Viable in high end raiding: Check

Viable in high end M+ : Check
    Well if they needed affliction by 10% affli would still be much better than Shadow...

I wonder how many Locks cried about shadows being soooo strong in EN and they need to balance it. And Now that they are so insane...

I know why Warcraftlogs is getting so much hatred: because it delivery Real Data and numbers. Simcraft numbers are Bullshit but Warcraftlogs shoes Real Data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    Are you serious?

I feel like you either don't play your warlock in a raiding environment or you are delusional as to how other speccs do the tasks you're mentioning.

No, soul flame is no normal cleave damage. You need stuff do die before soul flame gets to work, in which world is that useful when you have 3 mobs where each one has 100+ million hp?

And life taping while moving and refreshing dots is still an insane dps loss, because you can't channel. Look at your warcraftlogs. Whenever you have to move around, you lose dps, because not draining stuff is just bad. And you can absolutely NOT stand in things others can, because most of the stuff on mythic kills you outright. If you use portal, you still lose a global cd.

I never said the specc is bad, but calling it well rounded is just bullshit when it's good at exactly one thing and that is single target dps. There are other classes who are way better at being all around good, affliction is not one of them. It can't move for shit, it can't cleave for shit, it's poor on AoE (unless you really specc into it, in which case you severly gimp your st, which is where you're best) and on quick target switches to burst something down as fast as possible.

It's still an insanely good specc for raiding. It's just not well rounded.
    I'm beginning to think your trolling

Do you ever play Any spec other than affliction in your OWN class. Your claiming that affliction only excels in 1 area it's absolutely bollocks

You said quick dying adds no? Maybe ve specific and stop moving the goal posts. Yes soulflme damage is cleave and insane cleave at that on FAST dying adds. On adds of 100m hp bang ua into them, reap and drain, put agony in 3 for shards, add dies. Shard refund and either switch to another or back to the boss

So what do you do? Run out of mana or wait until your stationary to life tap? How much do you actually move because your making out like you never stay still and stop running around? Do you take 25 steps to either side for krosus beams? Most classes lose some dps whilst moving. You sound like you want kjc back

Again self healing and survivability it is exceptional at, try playing your other 2 specs and you will quickly realise

So you want a spec where you don't have to change any talents that slightly lower your St, but allow you to be good at everything? Why have talents? You sound like you want a God mode spec, it's not quite but it's extremely powerful. I would rather look at our other specs and what they have and don't have and compare to them because this is what we play? Affliction is our best, most well rounded spec that excels in a few things.

Its also insanely good for m+ amd is clearly on there radar because a small nerfing is already in. I would rather have the God mode specs weakened in some areas rather than everyone be good at everything. Affliction is good where it's at give it burst amd the other 2 specs may aswell be erased right now

Well if they needed affliction by 10% affli would still be much better than Shadow...

I wonder how many Locks cried about shadows being soooo strong in EN and they need to balance it. And Now that they are so insane...

I know why Warcraftlogs is getting so much hatred: because it delivery Real Data and numbers. Simcraft numbers are Bullshit but Warcraftlogs shoes Real Data.
    Can't really compare Affli lock now with the SP situation in 7.0 / 7.1, Spriests were highly sought after and stacked in both 7.0 and 7.1 during progress when possible by (top end) guilds, (Affli) locks were not stacked in any progress cycle, to the contrary even, they werent even used by most guilds. Hell even now when Affli is strong i don't see any raid stacking them during farm when i watch clears on stream, mostly i see 0-1-2 Affli locks in the comp (mostly 0-1), not 3-4 sometimes even 5 SP's as was seen on 7.0 and 7.1 streams when prog was done.

Now surely affli locks are strong now during farm, but if they will be a preferred class during ToS prog will still remain to be seen, now ofc if all top guilds start stacking 3-4 affli locks during ToS prog we can say that its a problem just like SP's were in 7.0 / 7.1 but until then i don't think we can speak of a real issue, as inflated farm logs don't say a whole lot about how good a class will perform in a progress setting with all the cheesing, padding and speedclearing going on during farm.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Can't really compare Affli lock now with the SP situation in 7.0 / 7.1, Spriests were highly sought after and stacked in both 7.0 and 7.1 during progress when possible by (top end) guilds, (Affli) locks were not stacked in any progress cycle, to the contrary even, they werent even used by most guilds. Hell even now when Affli is strong i don't see any raid stacking them during farm when i watch clears on stream, mostly i see 0-1-2 Affli locks in the comp (mostly 0-1), not 3-4 sometimes even 5 SP's as was seen on 7.0 and 7.1 streams when prog was done.

Now surely affli locks are strong now during farm, but if they will be a preferred class during ToS prog will still remain to be seen, now ofc if all top guilds start stacking 3-4 affli locks during ToS prog we can say that its a problem just like SP's were in 7.0 / 7.1 but until then i don't think we can speak of a real issue, as inflated farm logs don't say a whole lot about how good a class will perform in a progress setting with all the cheesing, padding and speedclearing going on during farm.
    Well yeah, people don't really change their setup much when it's just farming, those shadowpriests were used on both progress and on farm. Also surely it's better to fix things before tomb so you don't end up with an issue like with shadow in the first 2 raids.

Well it tells you that affliction pulls insane dps.... especially in single target fights, but also AOE and even fights many people call cleave.
    Affliction is insanely powerful currently and Warcraftlogs just shoes this. And affliction isnt about damage Meter padding. It pulls those numbers in focus target / single target.

And how is it balanced when affliction pulls 30% more than some other ranged Specs at single target?

BTW Shadow isnt Great at focus burst and damage and is very far behind affliction...
    No, it doesnt tell you that affliction pulls "insane" numbers. You infer that. You know nothing about the raid compositions or the instructions given to different members of the raid comp. Tichondrius being taken off the all star list further proves my point. Its a scumbag fight that you can no longer say "look how well koreans can cast seed!"

To say affliction is insane is to ignore apl the others doing just as well, and there are plenty. Stop being so ignorant. And to bring up shadow is to ignore how drastically blizz changed shadow for 7.2, and how that has nothing to do with affliction or anyone else, and it is certainly no reason to single out affliction to demand a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it should not do more just becuase it is a dot spec.
    Then what's the benefit of being a dot spec? There are only disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Well yeah, people don't really change their setup much when it's just farming, those shadowpriests were used on both progress and on farm. Also surely it's better to fix things before tomb so you don't end up with an issue like with shadow in the first 2 raids.
    Better to fix a problem that doesnt exist? You do know that about 7 other specs can pull similar numbers to affliction right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Should pure dps classes do more damage than hybrid classes?
    Yes. Always. Hybrids should provide other benefits in exchange. I remember when I could still heal a little bit as a moonkin when the healer died or had problems keeping the group up. It's that versatility that hybrids should bring.