Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think it is a DDOS attack.

It is a lot like someone unplug the Ethernet cable in Blizzard's server room.

Doesn't matter if they're hackers or not, what they are is losers. I mean the only joy they get in life is to screw around with peoples joy's and entertainment. Get a damn life. Regardless if it takes great skill or not your contribution to the world or the world of the internet is to do DDOS attacks or screw with people. God damn I wish I could hunt these people down and beat them to within an inch of their lives, take theirs computers, perma-ban them from the internet and break every bone in their hands so they could never type again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    They're not hackers. They're little script kiddies who think they're hackers.
    easier to use one word than three. besides to the rest of us normal people those hackers need to be literally hacked with a sharp or blunt object to beat some obedience into them.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is a lot like someone unplug the Ethernet cable in Blizzard's server room.
    Well, that would take a crapload of co-ordination to unplug all those cables all within minutes of each other.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Doesn't matter if they're hackers or not, what they are is losers. I mean the only joy they get in life is to screw around with peoples joy's and entertainment. Get a damn life. Regardless if it takes great skill or not your contribution to the world or the world of the internet is to do DDOS attacks or screw with people. God damn I wish I could hunt these people down and beat them to within an inch of their lives, take theirs computers, perma-ban them from the internet and break every bone in their hands so they could never type again.
    Your response is the kind of response they want.

Current login time: 1223 minutes....
    /sig

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The natural thing for a German operations engineer working on Sunday (Frankfurt) is not to work, because you aren't even supposed to work on Sunday. The natural thing for a German engineer getting a mid-day Easter Sunday page is not to start paging all his fellow Germans followed by all the Americans he can round up at 2AM their Easter Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    holiday ddos. these game companies really need to start retaliating for these. they keep happening because people know nothing will be done about it. when people start going to jail for this shit i bet it will stop.
    jail in democracies wont work. just doesn't put the fear of the iron fist of state control into those that break the law.

holiday ddos. these game companies really need to start retaliating for these. they keep happening because people know nothing will be done about it. when people start going to jail for this shit i bet it will stop.
    while i agree, im afraid any authority would just laugh about it at this point...we can dream though.

fuck with blizzard and end up in San Quentin!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Is it still down?
    Cuz I'm on EU-DE and can login to the mobile app (which kinda logs you in) just fine.
    I hope, I'll be able to log in in 6 hours for raid night.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The natural thing for a German operations engineer working on Sunday (Frankfurt) is not to work, because you aren't even supposed to work on Sunday. The natural thing for a German engineer getting a mid-day Easter Sunday page is not to start paging all his fellow Germans followed by all the Americans he can round up at 2AM their Easter Sunday morning.
    so how come the EU realms are working fine then?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    dont feed them dude, get some breakfast, go for a jog...blizz UUUUUSUALLY has this shit cleaned up pretty quick...

im like 200 rep away from flying so it sucks ass i get it, but nothing worth shitting the bed over
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    When is the last time they updated the servers?

Game has gone down hill in the quality department 10 fold, it's right up there with F2P Asian mmo's these days.
    Bit of an exaggeration dontcha think? Considering the volume of players they deal with and the age of the engine, the phasing technology etc. I think they're doing just fine. Complications are to be expected, there's no telling what's going on right now. Server stability has been better than ever this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    And as someone who runs a server farm..... it doesn't matter what time of day, or what day it is - if the entire thing explodes (Which you go through extensive pains to make sure that NEVER happens - but hey it could), your people get there and fix it, period, full stop.

An acceptable answer is "We are currently tracking the problem and will have it fixed as soon as we are able to identify it". "It's a holiday" isn't acceptable.

I really could care less if I log in anytime soon or not, I have plenty of other stuff to do - but I am so sick of seeing the "blah blah working hours" excuse for issues like this (whether it be related to a game or anything else).
    What do you think they are doing? They are doing just that: Getting their people there to fix it, period.

Odds are they are just now getting there if they all went down around an hour ago. Furthermore this is likely a DDoS, something that is notoriously hard to actually protect against when it comes to something like an online Gaming service. Sure you can protect your personal/work computer or your websites, but trying to protect a game in real time that is constantly needing to send/receive data just isn't really possible at this point. At least not possible in such a way that it wouldn't impact day-to-day use (would likely cause a lot of lag on a daily basis).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

That kinda shows you have literally no idea how it works. The chances of them finding out exactly who's doing it, is extremely small, and on top of that, that person would need to be living in a place where they can actually be charged or legal actions could even be taken on them.

Straight up just can't and won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    An acceptable answer is "We are currently tracking the problem and will have it fixed as soon as we are able to identify it". "It's a holiday" isn't acceptable.
    Well luckily, there response was that they're tracking down the problem and are trying to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Hurry up and get off your asses lazy americans. you're screwing up our evening playtime on the other side of the world.
    Well its 4.30am on Easter Sunday morning at Blizzard HQ in Los Angeles

I doubt many computer fixers or programmers that Blizzard have will be up at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    What do you think they are doing? They are doing just that: Getting their people there to fix it, period.

Odds are they are just now getting there if they all went down around an hour ago. Furthermore this is likely a DDoS, something that is notoriously hard to actually protect against when it comes to something like an online Gaming service. Sure you can protect your personal/work computer or your websites, but trying to protect a game in real time that is constantly needing to send/receive data just isn't really possible at this point. At least not possible in such a way that it wouldn't impact day-to-day use (would likely cause a lot of lag on a daily basis).
    Youre not telling me anything I don't know. I was directly responding to the guy who was all "It's early morning easter, they won't be working now!". Yes, they will, and they should. It doesn't mean it'll be fixed instantly, but the idea that it being a "day I don't work" means it shouldn't be worked on is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    dont feed them dude, get some breakfast, go for a jog...blizz UUUUUSUALLY has this shit cleaned up pretty quick...

im like 200 rep away from flying so it sucks ass i get it, but nothing worth shitting the bed over
    perhaps you don't understand the concept of time zones, but it is after sunset in some parts of the world already/

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That kinda shows you have literally no idea how it works. The chances of them finding out exactly who's doing it, is extremely small, and on top of that, that person would need to be living in a place where they can actually be charged or legal actions could even be taken on them.

Straight up just can't and won't happen.
    Ehh a few have been caught in the past, but never the whole group. It's usually done by loosely organized groups where one or two members decide to do the attacks (and like idiots brag about it on Twitter...). A few members of Lizard Squad and Poodle Corps have been caught and had action taken against them, for example.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Bit of an exaggeration dontcha think? Considering the volume of players they deal with and the age of the engine, the phasing technology etc. I think they're doing just fine. Complications are to be expected, there's no telling what's going on right now. Server stability has been better than ever this expansion.
    LOL, you must have missed 2 weeks ago when the servers were crashing every 6 hours and removing the last 10 minutes of game play every time.
    /sig