Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There is no conflict here, Fox Marvel and Marvel Marvel don't mix.
    Well, Brolin DOES voice Thanos(Marvel) and is playing Cable(Fox), so I guess they do mix. I assume it's okay because you don't actually SEE him in Marvel Marvel, you just hear him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Well, Brolin DOES voice Thanos(Marvel) and is playing Cable(Fox), so I guess they do mix. I assume it's okay because you don't actually SEE him in Marvel Marvel, you just hear him.
    What I mean by don't mix is that they don't exist in the same universe. There's no conflict because Cable and Thanos won't be appearing in the same films.

I'm well aware of who Brolin voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    What I mean by don't mix is that they don't exist in the same universe. There's no conflict because Cable and Thanos won't be appearing in the same films.

I'm well aware of who Brolin voices.
    i dont think anyone meant that it would cause conflict in the universe (even if it were the same universe, ala diesel wanting to play blackbolt even though he plays groot)

however fox is a competitor to marvel and we know from other actors, writers, and producers that they usually have non compete clauses. for example, as long as james gunn is working at marvel for a limited amount of time he cannot nomatter what do a movie for dc or fox without getting sued for breaking contract.

thats what most of us were talking about, it would appear with brolin being mocap and cgi that it doesnt apply to him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I know it's a weird thing, but every time I watch the Thor trailer, I am always like what the hell are those furry things that look like that are shaking or dancing behind Thor at the one minute mark.

Thor trailer has made me a lot more hopeful of this movie than the Justice League one did for it. At first I thought showing Hela shatter the hammer was too much (not sure if that needs a spoiler...) but now I actually like it because it certainly has piqued my interest. Hell yes to whomever got Kate to sign on, this trailer pushed my hype beyond Homecoming for this movie. going to be a good comic book movie year I think.

Thor has sucked ass as a movie. Had they not added the Hulk and apparently followed the Guardians of the Galaxy theme of comedy, it likely would have followed the trend of suckage.
    Not looking forward to any Marvel movie this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Thor has sucked ass as a movie. Had they not added the Hulk and apparently followed the Guardians of the Galaxy theme of comedy, it likely would have followed the trend of suckage.
    Not looking forward Guardians of the Galaxy but you're looking forward to Thor for being GotG like?

Also when do F4 rights flip back to Marvel? The end of this year if nothing enters production right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Not looking forward Guardians of the Galaxy but you're looking forward to Thor for being GotG like?

Also when do F4 rights flip back to Marvel? The end of this year if nothing enters production right?
    a fantastic four movie has to premier by 2023 so quite a ways away before the rights go back naturally unless they sell them back
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    What?
    No..o I see, my post was a mess. Sorry.
    My initial thought was that Thor hasn't been the blockbuster that the other movies were. And that Marvel/Disney decided to change things a bit and adopt the GotG comedic schtick which apparently played well with the movie audience when GotG first came out. Neither Thor nor any of the characters in GotG resemble any of the characters in the comics except in appearance and in name. The actual characterization however doesn't exist in the messy MCU crap.
    They got Cap right.
    They got IM right.
    Thor? Not much.

And don't even get me started on all the characters in GotG...

What?
    No..o I see, my post was a mess. Sorry.
    My initial thought was that Thor hasn't been the blockbuster that the other movies were. And that Marvel/Disney decided to change things a bit and adopt the GotG comedic schtick which apparently played well with the movie audience when GotG first came out. Neither Thor nor any of the characters in GotG resemble any of the characters in the comics except in appearance and in name. The actual characterization however doesn't exist in the messy MCU crap.
    They got Cap right.
    They got IM right.
    Thor? Not much.

And don't even get me started on all the characters in GotG...
    If the characters in GotG don't resemble the characters in the comics, that only makes me more impressed with James Gunn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    If the characters in GotG don't resemble the characters in the comics, that only makes me more impressed with James Gunn.
    Eh, he basically made a Farscape movie with Marvel characters. I'm fine with that though, because I love Farscape.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh, he basically made a Farscape movie with Marvel characters. I'm fine with that though, because I love Farscape.
    Then they should have stuck with Farscape.
    And make a real GotG movie using the real characters. An embittered Star-Lord, the smart Drax, the fearsome Gamora, etc...(I have my old review somewhere)

The memetrain is real.

They should have saved the mjolnir being destroyed reveal for the movie. Even though it was pretty obvious would have been a cool in cinema moment.

Plus its not like you would be short of trailer material in a 2hr space adventure movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they should have stuck with Farscape.
    Yes.

Yes they should.

Farscape was the greatest Sci Fi TV show of all time.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The memetrain is real.

They should have saved the mjolnir being destroyed reveal for the movie. Even though it was pretty obvious would have been a cool in cinema moment.

Plus its not like you would be short of trailer material in a 2hr space adventure movie
    honestly, showing Hela destroying the hammer made me go see the movie for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    honestly, showing Hela destroying the hammer made me go see the movie for sure.
    Cant deny its good marketing. Admit it though you would have seen this film regardless

Cant deny its good marketing. Admit it though you would have seen this film regardless
    probably.

this made it for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't think Mjolnir being destroyed really counts as a "Reveal". It's not some huge twist, it's the plot of the film. Mjolnir gets destroyed and Thor goes on a journey to either fix or replace it, while also trying to avert ragnarok.

It's kinda hard to tease that WITHOUT showing Mjolnir being wrecked, as any footage from beyond the first MAYBE 30 mins will have Mjolnir gone, and people would be wondering why Thor didn't have his trademark hammer, rather than enjoying the cool shit they show.

It be like having a trailer for civil war where iron man and cap don't argue, if it being destroyed was the climax sure but it's at the very beginning