15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Is that Bobby Charlton admiring Wayne Rooney's hair transplant in your sig?
    Haha, it sure is!

Also wtf Young captain and Zlatan and Mkhitaryan on the bench? I have no clue what's going on in Mou's head O_O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Man Utd focusing on Anderlecht it seems.
    Maybe this.

Deleted
    lingard and rashford lol..

15+ Year Old Account
    I might put €10 on United winning, surely the odds must be amazing with that lineup rofl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I might put €10 on United winning, surely the odds must be amazing with that lineup rofl
    hopefully begovic has a terrible game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think it's something out of the Academy system, because it's not just English players; it's players that come out of English Academy systems. Look at Januzaj, supposed to be full of promise; prefers to play at fucking Sunderland than to have made an effort in Dortmund. And that's a common thread; even a club like Dortmund who I've no doubt English players could get into that squad, and do well in European competition, they won't go there because they'd rather win nothing and not play in Europe, but play (or rather sit on their ass on the bench) in the Premiere League than win major titles. It's why England are so shite internationally, somehow maybe they don't think those competitions are 'realistic' for English players and that it's easier to leave it to the Spanish, Germans and Italians.
    Firstly, I think everyone can agree: players work ethics and the FA are partly to blame. It's blatantly obvious certain individuals are more concerned about their “status” and a nice paycheck rather than putting in effort to improve themselves. It's only going to get worse unless the FA put their foot down.

Secondly, the real reason England is so shite internationally (your words, not mine) is because they lack superstar talent on the pitch along with a capable manager. With the exception of Rooney, you guys haven't produced any world class players in nearly five decades. It's a shame considering your playerpool. The UK has a population of 60+ million along with the infrastructure (world class facilities) and some of the best football academy's available. The hard truth imo, England have been a slightly average squad for 20+ years now. Do people honestly believe England were contenders over the last couple decades? A contender would've made at least two Semi-Final/one Final appearance during that time-frame.

WC
    1994 - Did not qualify
    1998 - Round of 16
    2002 - Quarter-finals
    2006 - Quarter-finals
    2010 - Round of 16
    2014 - Group stage

Euros
    1992 Group Stage
    1996 Semi-Finals
    2000 Group Stage
    2004 Quarter-finals
    2008 Did not qualify
    2012 Quarter-finals
    2016 Round of 16
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-04-16 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    so rooney was better than scholes. okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    so rooney was better than scholes. okay.
    Statistically speaking, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Statistically speaking, yes.
    lol youre talking nonsense.

Fucking hell.
    My nerves are shot and the game hasn't even started.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm on bwin same odds for United as for Chelsea lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    lol youre talking nonsense.
    Hit F5 more, mate. Your one sentence responses just proves my point. You can't even back your argument up with anything.

Gl, united. I'll be rooting for you to smash Chelsea tonight.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-04-16 at 02:42 PM. Reason: grammar

Deleted
    Hit F5 more, mate. Your one sentence responses just proves my point. You can't even back your argument up with anything less.

Gl, united. I'll be rooting for you to smash Chelsea tonight.
    rooney wasnt even better than ashley cole who was also world class and the best left back for what 5 or 6 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    rooney wasnt even better than ashley cole who was also world class and the best left back for what 5 or 6 years?
    And now you're comparing two entirely different players, each with different roles. You're all over the place.

Wouldn't bother arguing with him Insano.
    He'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

- - - Updated - - -

And now you're comparing two entirely different players with different roles, you're all over the place.
    Says the guy who compares Scholes and Rooney via stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about we drop this discussion and focus on Ashley Young being captain today aye?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Wouldn't bother arguing with him Insano.
    He'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who compares Scholes and Rooney via stats.
    /Facepalm LMAO.... He brought it up first. And nice George Carlin quote. I remember using it against you at one point as well. Original... I'd expect nothing less from someone like you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (deluded or otherwise).

2-0 United tonight... Get rekt.

Alonso out.
    That's a big loss.

England produced no world class players over the past 5 decades? Linekar did well to win that Golden Boot despite being bad apparently, Barnes, Gascoigne, Shearer, Gerrard, Ferdinand/Campbell/Terry all in their primes, an 18 year old Owen took apart Argentina and if it wasn't for injury would have easily become Englands all time top scorer. Ashley Cole as mentioned was easily the best LB in the world, he made Cristiano look like an average player, I believe Zidane told the world that Scholes was the best CM in the game.

What we've failed to produce is a world class manager, which tbh seems to be an issue across multiple sports for England, Sir Clive Woodwood is the most recent English manager of anything to do anything of repute, and even now the Rugby Union side is relying on a foreigner to lead it to success. You can say that England teams haven't performed at a world class level, but to claim we had no players at that level is ridiculous.

Remember kids you're only world class if you play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Terry, Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard who spent their whole careers at the same English club could never be world class, huhuhuhuhuh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Remember kids you're only world class if you play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Terry, Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard who spent their whole careers at the same English club could never be world class, huhuhuhuhuh.
    So what you're telling me is...Johnathan Woodgate is the last world class defender England produced? I knew there was a reason Spurs bought him!