Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I could mow my lawn while this gets sorted out..................Or I could just sit here and wait...:thinking:
    If they put up on forums/twitter that problem will take 2 hours or more to fix then I suppose yes. But with silence, it is fair to assume the server could be up in half an hour or less. This false hope then ends up waiting for probably 2 hours.

Second time we had service interruption in less than a week, once is ok but twice a less than week where both were not scheduled should be given credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Oh, so close to flying... literally like, one daily away.

The whole thing is down, though. The game, forums, and BattleApp.
    What are these "one daily away from flying" posts about ? I don't understand.

When the servers come back up you'll still be at the same point. You'll still be one daily away from flying. And if you had actually managed to get that daily done before servers crashed, what would it change ? The game is down and you'd not be flying currently. I do not understand your thought process.

It's not the same thing as someone saying "I was 2% dmg away from finishing the mage tower challenge". That is different because the player will have to do it all over again with no guarantee he can get back to the same point. But in your case, your progress is saved, no worries... and it changes nothing whether you finish your rep grind right before it goes down, or right after...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is in the process of switching over from Time Warner to Spectrum and are stalling until Spectrum honors their promo for new clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    They should. Maybe even an extra week.

When the servers come back on, they should run a continuous all day invasion (one right after the other) to make up for the lost time.

Why not? It won't cost them anything to do either.
    Oh, thought OW was just some FPS style game with no story where the objective is to just blow each others brains out?

The legacy of COD style games unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Damn, I got coffee all over the screen...... but thanks for a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Last time I remember them doing that, it was because of several days of server lag and crashes. I think everyone got compensated for 2 days. Maybe it was more, I can't remember.
    Warlord's launch got compensation, along with 3.3 iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    What are these "one daily away from flying" posts about ? I don't understand.

When the servers come back up you'll still be at the same point. You'll still be one daily away from flying. And if you had actually managed to get that daily done before servers crashed, what would it change ? The game is down and you'd not be flying currently. I do not understand your thought process.

It's not the same thing as someone saying "I was 2% dmg away from finishing the mage tower challenge". That is different because the player will have to do it all over again with no guarantee he can get back to the same point. But in your case, your progress is saved, no worries... and it changes nothing whether you finish your rep grind right before it goes down, or right after...
    Dailies are about to reset and they hadn't done their daily wq's for the day. I'm guessing there is a max amount of Legionfall rep you can earn per day, and these flyers must have completed the other 2 achvs for flying already.

As for the artifact power challenge......

/laughs at all of those who were so close to killing the boss, but were foiled by blizzard.

Better hope that mage tower is still up otherwise gotta wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Blizzard hasn't given out free days since the Reagan administration.
    That's a lie.....we got 5 days just after WoD went live.....due to the DDoS and log in issues....from my account page....12/11/2014 N/A 5-day Credit

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Should tweet that to BlizzardCD, to Lore too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Oh, thought OW was just some FPS style game with no story where the objective is to just blow each others brains out?

The legacy of COD style games unfortunately.
    Well all of the Heroes themselves have a back story, and this Tuesday (the 1st time this week we had this long outage) was the 1st "Lore based" in-game event. They have had other events, but they have all been tied to Real World events and holidays, The Summer Olympics, Christmas, Chinese Lunar New Year, etc... and like all Events are Limited time. With this limited time events, come unique skins, E-motes, intros, all only available while the event is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    Yup.. so much for trying to finish the challenge tonight.. 18% on DH challenge and the game stopped responding completely.. been about half an hour. Site is down too. Wonder if it has anything to do with the "leaked" NSA haxxors software going public and any jackape can attack anything right now..
    I'm pretty confident Blizzard doesn't use Windows 8...
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by whitehead View Post
    Not possible, fake news! George W. Bush was president when WOW was released. Fake News!
    I call Fake News on your fake news. It wan't George W. Bush, it was his father George H.W. Bush

Last edited by davesurfer; 2017-04-16 at 03:11 PM.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Last time I remember them doing that, it was because of several days of server lag and crashes. I think everyone got compensated for 2 days. Maybe it was more, I can't remember.
    From a business standpoint they can claim ToS for once in a blue moon outage and be ok, but with two in less than 1 week when its not DDOS both times they should give 1 day credit for PR/customer service.

Wonder if this is from a new problem or related to outage a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm not pissing and moaning about the game being down, key difference champ.
    Kinda sounds like you were pissing and moaning about pissing and moaning people
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Dailies are about to reset and they hadn't done their daily wq's for the day. I'm guessing there is a max amount of Legionfall rep you can earn per day, and these flyers must have completed the other 2 achvs for flying already.

As for the artifact power challenge......

/laughs at all of those who were so close to killing the boss, but were foiled by blizzard.

Better hope that mage tower is still up otherwise gotta wait.
    No, there's not a max amount of legionfall rep you can earn per day.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I call Fake News on your fake news. It wan't George W. Bush, it was his father George H. Bush
    That would be when Warcraft was released. Bush junior was pres when WoW was released.

Try the following games instead.

FF14 replaces WoW
    LoL, DotA2 replaces HotS
    Path of Exile replaces Diablo 3
    Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, CoD, too long to list for Overwatch
    Nothing to replace Starcraft 2

Hearthstone - stay away from ALL card games! Bridge if you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Ahahahahhahahahahahhahahaa

Thanks for that, I needed a laugh
    What is wrong with FF14?

Deleted
    My app is working, it let me send my followers to missions, is working for you lot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    Damn, I got coffee all over the screen...... but thanks for a good laugh.
    Why are people always drinking when they read something funny?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G