10+ Year Old Account
    i cant complete leonceur quest where im asked to send a paladin to arden forest region. i do it and nothing happens.

also hippogryphs suck, they are slower than pegasus so completely missing the point of flying harassment unit.
    in general flying cavarly is bad, worse than ground graal knights where im supposed to charge in and get away alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i cant complete leonceur quest where im asked to send a paladin to arden forest region. i do it and nothing happens.

also hippogryphs suck, they are slower than pegasus so completely missing the point of flying harassment unit.
    in general flying cavarly is bad, worse than ground graal knights where im supposed to charge in and get away alive.
    Did you actually use the deploy button?

Hippos aren't for harassment that's what Pegasus knights are for. Hippos are huge monsters meant to smash into and destroy formations basically less tanky more dmg Demi's with with wings.

Pegasus knights are for quickly destroying artillery, mages, low health lords, or ranged units.

Grail Knights are going to be you main go to for shock calve they have around the same stats as royal Pegasus knights but they have more units so they have a wider charge instead of being able to fly.

- - - Updated - - -

So regional occupation is gone even for old races, but there will be some sort of penalty for holding settlements in areas not native to your race, so you cant just blob into a super empire. It will probably be like the woodelves were you can only build a reduced amount.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-12 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im playing on very hard difficulty now as fay enchantress and had a really messy battle against beastmen.

3/4 of the fight were going fine, after that everything went south. i couldnt finish off enemy lord who escaped and later returned. had infantry on him.
    but the real mvp were 3 cyborgs that killed 300-400 of my units throughout the fight. then the leftovers of enemy spearmen came back and i lost.

which bretonnian units should i use against cybors, minotaurs, chaos terrors ?
    i didnt have much tech at that time.
    btw beastmen raids suck hard for carcassone.

im playing on very hard difficulty now as fay enchantress and had a really messy battle against beastmen.

3/4 of the fight were going fine, after that everything went south. i couldnt finish off enemy lord who escaped and later returned. had infantry on him.
    but the real mvp were 3 cyborgs that killed 300-400 of my units throughout the fight. then the leftovers of enemy spearmen came back and i lost.

which bretonnian units should i use against cybors, minotaurs, chaos terrors ?
    i didnt have much tech at that time.
    btw beastmen raids suck hard for carcassone.
    Cygores are basically artilary you should try to take the out asap, swarm them with grail and or pagasis knights to get them to stop firing and hopefully kill them.

Minotaurs are monstorous infintry meaning trying to take them down with shock calv isn't a great idea, focus archer fire and swarm them with spearmen.

I assume you are talking about chaos spawn if so use units with fire damage as they dead extra damage to units with regeneration. So peasant archers with fire arrows.

Also the on hard Ai gets massive leadership buffs that change how units are supposed to act. I find nomal far more enjoyable because units behave properly
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-04-13 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my army consisted of 5 catapults. i couldnt keep up with enemy ork armies outmanouvering me and plundering on the campaign map.
    is there a penalty to army movement while having artillery, or is that a mountain thing ? well, orks could travel longer distances
    how does it work exactly ?

i never trained any artillery as bretonnia because of how immobile it is, its like static defense in starcraft - i rather build (fast) units. especially when bretonnia focuses on cavalry. but wanted to give it a try as dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    my army consisted of 5 catapults. i couldnt keep up with enemy ork armies outmanouvering me and plundering on the campaign map.
    is there a penalty to army movement while having artillery, or is that a mountain thing ? well, orks could travel longer distances

i never trained any artillery as bretonnia because of how immobile it is, its like static defense in starcraft - i rather build (fast) units. especially when bretonnia focuses on cavalry. but wanted to give it a try as dwarf
    I used this mod to deal with raiding and such.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=693684953

Another good one is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=719772633 which deals with the AI being able to abuse March Move.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone using sweetfx ? ive got a preset but how do i use it, what do i replace ?

- - - Updated - - -

oh, the game crashes everytime i exit it. hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    whats exactly the difference between defensive and military alliance ?
    also how does undead binding (morale/leadership) work ?? they dont run away but suddenly they all die

whats exactly the difference between defensive and military alliance ?
    also how does undead binding (morale/leadership) work ?? they dont run away but suddenly they all die
    Defensive they help when you get attacked, military they will attack with you when you declare war.

Undead units don't route instead they star crumbling, basically its the when the dark energy sustaining the undead runs out, so they just return to lifeless corpses. When fighting vampires its imperative to zerg and kill their lord first as he is the one binding the dark energy to the corpses, once you kill him his army will start taking heavy damage and die.

- - - Updated - - -

Orks can move underground going under rivers and mountains sometimes even under the sea bed. Putting a point in route marcher for your general increasing campaign range, units do not effect campaign movement. Dwarves can do it to. beastmen and Woodelves have renamed versions of the same skill.

And ya artillery is going to be immobile, that's the point of artillery. Dwarfs are the most immobile race in all of Warhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, find the undead heroes and nuke them. I play primarily undead and I always keep mine as safe as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it true on higher difficulties races (even greenskins) get boost to morale ? i thought difficulty affects only the battle/campaign strategy. if so, what is 'the best' difficulty to play on ?

also i tried playing the empire and it plays sooo different from bretonnia. so much more income than bretonnia, no limit on units (peasant infantry). infantry is actually 'good'
    how is this balanced ? everything should have pros and cons, i see only pros as empire.
    could u point out strenghts and weaknesses of all races ?

10+ Year Old Account
    is it true on higher difficulties races (even greenskins) get boost to morale ? i thought difficulty affects only the battle/campaign strategy. if so, what is 'the best' difficulty to play on ?

also i tried playing the empire and it plays sooo different from bretonnia. so much more income than bretonnia, no limit on units (peasant infantry). infantry is actually 'good'
    how is this balanced ? everything should have pros and cons, i see only pros as empire.
    could u point out strenghts and weaknesses of all races ?
    Dwarfs

Pro:
    Everything

Con:
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Dwarfs

Pro:
    Everything

Con:
    Nothing
    So, same as tabletop? When in doubt, add more artillery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarfs struggle to rout everything, there's always half an army leaving the map when I play them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, find the undead heroes and nuke them. I play primarily undead and I always keep mine as safe as possible.
    can u tell how u play as undead/vampires ? id like to try them but i find them very difficult on campaign map. i try sending heroes to regions i conquered for more vampiric influence but its not enough, i still get a lot of rebellions. and all those heroes cost upkeep for just doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    can u tell how u play as undead/vampires ? id like to try them but i find them very difficult on campaign map. i try sending heroes to regions i conquered for more vampiric influence but its not enough, i still get a lot of rebellions. and all those heroes cost upkeep for just doing that.
    You send them before you conquer tbh, its really slow going. It's been a while but I always rush to wipe out the other vampires, normally in a few turns. Always have upgraded braziers to help spread corruption. It has been a while since I last played so things may have changed.

Most vampire count guides suggest turtling early on, which is what I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    So, same as tabletop? When in doubt, add more artillery.
    Dwarves are pretty slow, and their flying units get countered easily. Undead are potentially very strong against the dwarves, with the abiliy to summon various units behind enemy lines to hinder their skirmishers/artillery. Their choice of air units is also much wider, having your lord on a dragon and two other air units will make quick work of any airforce the dwarves might bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the militia pistol unit for the empire a dlc or what ? cant seem to get them, not even in custom battles

is the militia pistol unit for the empire a dlc or what ? cant seem to get them, not even in custom battles
    Umm, yes? if you used google for at least one question you would know.