Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    you're not very good at the whole humor thing
    We put the U in humour where I come from.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Good one OP, but this isn't a DDoS attack AFAIK.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    its probably some "Script Kids" who have bought down Blizzard sites.

An infamous hacker group known as the Shadow Brokers has just released a bunch of tools that that makes it easier for hackers to break into all kinds of Microsoft Windows computers and other Microsoft software, security researchers are warning.

The hacking tools are allegedly part of the arsenal that was said to be stolen from the NSA last summer. That arsenal was reportedly part of what NSA analysts use to break into computers, networks and other systems to do their spy work.

“Friday is the perfect day to dump tools if your goal is to cause maximum chaos; all the script kiddies are active over the weekend, while far too many defenders are offline and enjoying the Easter holiday. I’m only being somewhat glib in suggesting that the best security measure for a Windows computer might be to just turn it off for a few days,” Weaver says.

Other researchers, poring through the dump, say they are finding some hacking tools that are really dangerous and could impact most versions of Windows, including the type that runs on computer servers.

“This is really bad, in about an hour or so any attacker can download simple toolkit to hack into Microsoft based computers around the globe,” tweeted one such researcher, Hacker Fantastic, who’s been pouring through the materials.

This is not a drill: #NSA exploits affecting many fully-patched Windows systems have been released to the wild. NSA did not warn Microsoft. https://t.co/2H8F7vH7fW
    — Edward Snowden (@Snowden) April 14, 2017

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/h...windows-2017-4

And how does that work on a non-Windows platform like Blizzard uses? You do know the game servers run on their own in-house made OS right?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Ooops, I'm out. Dam you Kim!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Good one OP, but this isn't a DDoS attack AFAIK.

/whoosh ... that OP shouldn't have required /s.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Summon the Zerglings!!!!!
    There actually is only one Zergling left. I ate the others.

Hey, that's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Haha, nice one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Ill send you in!

Just a little hypothetical:

If Kim Jung Il comes out and says he did in fact order the attack on Blizzard and took full responsibility.........

How many of you would vote for a missle attack targeting Jung Il's team of hackers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

If Kim Jung Il comes out and says he did in fact order the attack on Blizzard and took full responsibility.........

How many of you would vote for a missle attack targeting Jung Il's team of hackers?
    You could send in every blizzard fan

Or, better yet, how many of you would vote for a missile attack targeting Kim Jung Il regardless of said team of hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Ordered with what? The only way he would be able to do it is by renting a Russian or Chinese botnet. And then...mysteriously only the NA servers and leaving the EU ones alone?

Also, the symptoms Blizzard is having do not match a DDOS. DDOS causes timeouts, and slow logins. This is some sort of technical problem.
    Sup Sheldon?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ill send you in!
    Supreme leader Kim's armor (fat) is too thick for my claws. We are all doomed.

Aha!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We put the U in humour where I come from.
    No one's perfect.

Ordered with what? The only way he would be able to do it is by renting a Russian or Chinese botnet. And then...mysteriously only the NA servers and leaving the EU ones alone?

Also, the symptoms Blizzard is having do not match a DDOS. DDOS causes timeouts, and slow logins. This is some sort of technical problem.
    Smart people. Smart people everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotei View Post
    Breaking news - Sources out of asia claim supreme leader of North Korea, Kim Jung Un has ordered a massive DDOS attack on Blizzard servers after finding that the collective trade chat of all World of Warcraft servers has simultaneously mocked and laughed at the failed missile test on Easter Sunday.
    Not even believable.

lol
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2017-04-16 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    And how does that work on a non-Windows platform like Blizzard uses? You do know the game servers run on their own in-house made OS right?
    Because attacks don't need to be made directly on Blizzard. A lot of tools just got released to people willing to use them to compromise a lot of shit.

Remember that many attacks that "take down servers" aren't on the direct company. Companies themselves general have personal system and much stronger defenses (still can be broken but still.) Most of the time, they attack the ISPs infrastructure and routing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation