Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    FYI, gold and silver aren't ferromagnetic. Quite the opposite: they are diamagnetic i.e. weakly repelled by magnets.
    Interesting, but my guess is that it is more relevant that white tin is paramagnetic and thus weakly attracted by magnet (plastic is also a possibility - but a cheap metal seems simpler and more durable).

As for the actual situation - it seems the US only warned NK to not make a nuclear test, and NK failed with missile delivery system - which isn't directly a nuclear test.

So is it safe to say we don't really need to strike them, and we can just wait for them to blow themselves up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You have to ask the question, what gives the US the right to say "if you test your bomb, we will attack you"? This puts the US in the wrong, regardless of how much we may dislike NK they are not in the wrong.
    Not necessarily because NK has been clear and it's been an understanding that when they eventually do get the tech working to deliver a nuclear attack, high odds that they will. Maybe not on the US but a submarine delivered nuclear attack against Japan would be absolutely disastrous given how much of their population are centralized around metropolitan areas, and has a higher likelihood than we're comfortable with.

Attacking now may be unnecessary but the game of chicken being played could end with disastrous consequences when they do get the tech, and they will eventually. It's a case of do we attack now and risk the hostages (Seoul) to get obliterated to avoid a further international crisis? If not now, when? How do we minimize the damage if possible? Is there any way for China to put the stop to it?

edit: So far the only answers right now are to shock and awe but we need South Korean support for the attack, Japan to back us up, to pick the right time to do it, and provisions in place to help with the ramifications of that decision. We will reach a point where have to take action. Now just may not be that time.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-04-16 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Not necessarily because NK has been clear and it's been an understanding that when they eventually do get the tech working to deliver a nuclear attack, high odds that they will. Maybe not on the US but a submarine delivered nuclear attack against Japan would be absolutely disastrous given how much of their population are centralized around metropolitan areas, and has a higher likelihood than we're comfortable with.

Attacking now may be unnecessary but the game of chicken being played could end with disastrous consequences when they do get the tech, and they will eventually.
    If america bomb them with a nuke then surely the disastrous consequences will cemented? NK testing nukes doesn't mean they are going to use them, however much the media will try in every way to sensationalise every little aspect. America attacking them for testing a nuke is the same thing as NK achieving and using a nuke. Also why would NK nuke Japan? There is nothing for them to gain by nuking other countries.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

If america bomb them with a nuke then surely the disastrous consequences will cemented? NK testing nukes doesn't mean they are going to use them, however much the media will try in every way to sensationalise every little aspect. America attacking them for testing a nuke is the same thing as NK achieving and using a nuke. Also why would NK nuke Japan? There is nothing for them to gain by nuking other countries.
    Japan is largely an easier target within a more immediate vicinity, NK hates Japan arguably as much as it hates the US, and an attack on Japan would be a much more catastrophic event given the locality of the majority of their population.

It's a game of military chicken with who strikes first and if NK is allowed the time, they will get the technology through trial and error, and they are likely to use it. The world can't sit by and let North Korea actively threaten to use nuclear weaponry when we know that they're now capable of deploying it. Now is just arguably too early.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Japan is largely an easier target within a more immediate vicinity, NK hates Japan arguably as much as it hates the US, and an attack on Japan would be a much more catastrophic event given the locality of the majority of their population.

It's a game of military chicken with who strikes first and if NK is allowed the time, they will get the technology through trial and error, and they are likely to use it. The world can't sit by and let North Korea actively threaten to use nuclear weaponry when we know that they're now capable of deploying it. Now is just arguably too early.
    You're still missing the point, a country needs to stand to gain something by attacking another country. It stands to gain nothing... What exactly gives you any reason to think that NK would nuke Japan? NK has done nothing in decades, where as the US by comparison has bombed the shit out of many countries killing thousands of civilians.

NK has actually done nothing, your opinions are based off of fictional perceptions.

You're still missing the point, a country needs to stand to gain something by attacking another country. It stands to gain nothing... What exactly gives you any reason to think that NK would nuke Japan? NK has done nothing in decades, where as the US by comparison has bombed the shit out of many countries killing thousands of civilians.

NK has actually done nothing, your opinions are based off of fictional perceptions.
    How the fuck is it fictional? NK will eventually get the technology to carry out an attack given the amount of freedom they have to develop without other international pressures. NK is in a pretty unique situation where it can freely ignore international condemnation without fear of an attack thanks to their hostage situation with Seoul.

That's why I said now is too early but that can change any day, any month, any year, and the three countries involved (South Korea, Japan, the US) are all monitoring the situation to know when is the right time.

How the fuck is it fictional? NK will eventually get the technology to carry out an attack given the amount of freedom they have to develop without other international pressures. NK is in a pretty unique situation where it can freely ignore international condemnation without fear of an attack thanks to their hostage situation with Seoul.

That's why I said now is too early but that can change any day, any month, any year, and the three countries involved (South Korea, Japan, the US) are all monitoring the situation to know when is the right time.
    It's fictional because you're basing your opinion on an assumption that goes contrary to everything we know. NK has not attacked anyone, they do not hold Seoul hostage. What evidence do you have to believe that NK would nuke anyone? They have literally not done anything to anyone in decades, they have kept to themselves and barked when people poked them.

If america attacks them for testing their nukes then it's america in the wrong. Why the fuck you think NK would just nuke a country because they can is dumb, the country most likely to nuke someone is probably the US, and so far in history they are the only ones who have used nuclear weapons.

It's fictional because you're basing your opinion on an assumption that goes contrary to everything we know. NK has not attacked anyone, they do not hold Seoul hostage. What evidence do you have to believe that NK would nuke anyone? They have literally not done anything to anyone in decades, they have kept to themselves and barked when people poked them.
    Let's see how it is in the actual reality:

1999 NK abducted 4 SK military officers
    2010-May-26 A South Korean naval vessel sank - 46 sailors died; investigations indicate a NK torpedo.
    2010-Nov-23 NK fired artillery at a minor SK island - killing 3.
    2015-Aug-20 NK shelled a small SK city.
    2017-Feb-14(?) Kim Jong-Un's half-brother killed by NK-agents.
    (The DMZ and the threats would need a longer post.)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Odds are those are plastic, metal is expensive.
    ROFL. That pic and your comment is worth a lot of chuckles. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Let's see how it is in the actual reality:

1999 NK abducted 4 SK military officers
    2010-May-26 A South Korean naval vessel sank - 46 sailors died; investigations indicate a NK torpedo.
    2010-Nov-23 NK fired artillery at a minor SK island - killing 3.
    2015-Aug-20 NK shelled a small SK city.
    2017-Feb-14(?) Kim Jong-Un's half-brother killed by NK-agents.
    (The DMZ and the threats would need a longer post.)
    So in 18 years NK has done less than the US does in the average month. Thankyou for confirming what I was saying.

We found a moderator for r/pyongyang

We found a moderator for r/pyongyang
    Na I'm just not a flag waving, trump supporting, war mongering diluded American. I think NK is fucked, but just because I think they are fucked it doesn't mean I use my imagination and paint them as something they're not to fit my nationalistic "America Fuck Yeah!!!" ideals on the world stage.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-04-16 at 05:01 PM.

Na I'm just not a flag waving, trump supporting, war mongering diluded American. I think NK is fucked, but just because I think they are fucked it doesn't mean I use my imagination and paint them as something they're not to fit my nationalistic "America Fuck Yeah!!!" ideals on the world stage.
    You don't have to be a supporter of Trump to support eventual intervention. I've been outspoken against Trump, voted against him, and have registered with the Virginia Democratic Party to help in upcoming elections. It's just a case of looking at the bigger picture that military and intelligence officials from both sides of the aisle are also looking at and agreeing with them that NK can and will lead to an eventual crisis, it's just a matter of when and how we can avert the situation.

If we leave them alone, they'll keep working on their program and given their track record, likely will use something which can lead to a catastrophic event in Japan or the western US coast.

If we attack them, it has to be shock and awe with support of SK and Japan and could result in a heavy death toll for the SK people.

NK cannot be trusted to handle such weaponry but they're in a unique position of being able to fully shrug off every country telling them to heel. Trump is an idiot for escalating shit now but it's something being constantly evaluated by our military officials.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-04-16 at 05:12 PM.

So in 18 years NK has done less than the US does in the average month. Thankyou for confirming what I was
    saying.
    What you were saying was the complete opposite - now you are just switching to whataboutism.